Quicken Loans Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Jay Farner

1,449 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance can be tough in this role" (in 200 reviews)

• "I would say that the toughest thing about working here would be the long hours but there is a generous PTO package" (in 223 reviews)

1. "opportunity comes to those who create it"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for an employer that pushes you to be the best you can be, then Quicken Loans is the place to be. I have happily worked for them for 3 years and plan to make this my life long career. It all begins with our culture of excellence that push and challenges you to be the best you can be. Quicken Loans is an employer that listens to the feedback of its employees. We constantly change and are unafraid to try new things.
    If you have a sense of urgency in everything you do, you will fit in. Quicken Loans believes in giving back to the community we work in. When you work here, you are part of a family that treats you with respect. Quicken Loans spares no expense in benefits - the best heath care and benefits make sure we attract the best of the best. Quicken Loans is a place that inspires you to improve yourself and others around you. I am truly blessed to work at a place that understands and works with my growing family. The opportunities, such as owning homes, cars, investments, and having children, are directly attributed to my opportunity at Quicken Loans, and I couldn’t possibly be more grateful.

Cons

You have to be open to receiving feedback.

2. "Quicken Loans FOC"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After 6 months being a part of the FOC, I can honestly say I have yet to run into one unhappy team member! From the moment you step on a shuttle there are friendly smiling faces surrounding you.
    Leaders encourage all team members to be thier best self, do the right thing and character is not negotiable.
    There are unlimited opportunities and resources for growth available to team members personally and professionally.
    Flexibility is second to none when it comes to family/personal obligations.
    Best place I have worked by far!

Cons

Have yet to find a situation that warrants a comment here.
    Zero cons for me.

Advice to Management

Change nothing! Love that you encourage growth, integrity and so much more to the team.

3. "A unique environment that was just right for me!"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My team is by far the best part of my job, they welcomed me with open arms and after about 6 months I looked around and realized we had become a family. We support one another and are constantly collaborating to create high quality work. My leader also supports me in my growth, she is working to help me move into a leadership role of my own.

Cons

It can get a bit hectic around here but I prefer things that way. My work tends to be sharper and more impactful when I maintain my focus and am constantly moving forward, working toward the next goal.

4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quicken Loans is simply an amazing place to work at. The team members and our leaders truly care for our clients and each other. There are many opportunities for personal and professional growth here. Quicken Loans is a fast pace environment you have to be willing to work hard and put in the dedication. If you set this expectation for yourself it will allow for success and growth within the company. You also have to be quick to change in direction. This is a good thing though it keeps your role challenging and fun not the same boring thing over and over. Like they say "nothing worth having comes easy."

Cons

The long working hours can be challenging at times.

5. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Quicken Loans is a wonderful company to work for. We have great benefits, opportunities for a sizable bonus every year, and many other perks. The culture is incredible as well- we are constantly pushed to look deeper and use all of the tools around us.

Cons

Really have none to share!

"Director of Banking"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Top paying mortgage company.
    Best culture
    Great recruiting team finds great people to work with daily
    Amazing leadership team
    Opportunity to work Downtown Detroit or work from home as a banker

Cons

Long hours due to the nature of the mortgage industry as a whole
    Extremely high expectations with accountability on almost everything
    Sometimes being too punctual can add additional stress, some things are better to just let go of.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Refinance Banker"

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Co-Workers
    - Potential to earn
    - Great technology

Cons

-Hours and working a significant amount on the weekends regardless of how you are pacing for the month

8. "Closing Specialist"

Current Employee - Closn Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Closn Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Quicken Loans is wonderful! The team members and the leaders of our teams truly care about each and every team member and our clients that we work with. You can feel the energy and the drive to succeed and to have fun while doing so. Quicken Loans' culture is absolutely amazing and I'm so happy to be apart of it's great big family!

Cons

During the summer we can get really busy seeing that it's purchase season. Due to this, there are times when we work 50 hours per week for a few weeks, however the compensation is great! Just expect to put in more hours during the summer months.

9. "Best place to work in Charlotte!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome culture - most people are very friendly and helpful, and there's always fun stuff going on. NC is small enough to still have the family feeling I had working with a small business before I came here

- Great work/life balance - my leader is flexible with working from home or coming in late/leaving early for emergencies, and there is a lot more PTO offered than I'm used to!

- Great leadership team - NC has caring, dedicated leaders who are always open to feedback from team members

- Great benefits - excellent healthcare coverage, 401k, wellness and family focus program. There are weekly free yoga/meditation classes, discounts for daycare and even adoption/foster assistance!

- Great location – right by the mall with tons of food and shopping options, very easy to run errands during lunch!

Cons

- Less opportunity for different types of roles in NC, but if you're willing to move there are a ton of options to branch out

- Traffic - Southpark is a busy area and a long commute for me, but it's much better than downtown!

Advice to Management

None - keep up the great work :)

10. "QLMS is what the Wholesale Mortgage Industry should be"

Current Employee - Rocket Launcher in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Rocket Launcher in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

QLMS has an energy and culture that is not an easy thing to find in a big-business world. The opportunities that the company creates for its employees (not just in terms of potential growth within the company) should be the envy of major business across the country. While it's not Google or Facebook it isn't far from it. There are snacks and drinks available for employees every day, there is a team member controlled radio system which helps create interactivity between the 450 or so people that work in the building, there are catered meals and themed events/lunches that occur monthly, there are great people that you'll work with every day. There are nearly endless reasons to come to work every day and it makes the work day that much more enjoyable.

Cons

There are some incredibly busy times and there are some incredibly slow times so some days you'll be working a full day and others you'll be watching the clock.

Showing 1,449 of 1,839 reviews