Quicken Loans Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Jay Farner

1,342 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Maintaining work life balance can be difficult at times" (in 193 reviews)

• "Low work-life balance with Long hours" (in 212 reviews)

1. "Presiden't Club Mortgage Banker"

Current Employee - President's Club Mortgage Banker in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - President's Club Mortgage Banker in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay, opportunity to advance and promotions, a lot of personal growth.

Cons

Long Hours and hard to maintain a work life balance.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people on a one on one level and truly care about their life outside work

2. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Quicken Loans (Less than a year)

Pros

They love interns! We got to go to lots of events, both educational and fun. Your contributions matter. You learn a lot.

Cons

I did not have any

20 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your positive review about your internship here at Quicken Loans! We take pride in our intern program and are so glad that you had such a great experience.

3. "Mortgage Banker"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Pay, Culture, Team Members, Benefits, Contests

Cons

Hours, Hours, Hours, Hours, Hours

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of time away from the office and it's importance.

20 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you like the culture that our company offers. We value your feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve to ensure the best team member experience... More

4. "Potential for Growth"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Management is the best I have ever had. Always has an open door policy. Great benefits, good people, lots of opportunities

Cons

They try to make you into a certain kind of person they're looking for and will sell you into staying in your current position/ stay with the company.

Advice to Management

You continue to tell your staff about always finding a great fit for your staff and since you have the family of companies you should allow them to branch off to other parts of the company. Yes there are a lot of opportunity in the company but TRS will never allow anyone to transfer to another position.

20 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We appreciate your review and will continue to look at ways to improve our team member experiences.

5. "LOVE IT"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great environment
    Very understanding
    good location

Cons

horrible pay with a bunch of whiny kids who complain thinking this job is some kind of get rich quick scheme

20 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion on us here at Quicken Loans. We are so glad that you enjoy working here just as much as we do. We take pride in our team member experience but... More

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Benefits, Salary, Leaderships willingness to execute ideas from team members

Cons

Hours, inability to stick to a flex time schedule

14 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for giving us your opinion on us here at Quicken Loans. We value our team members talent and skills that they bring to our company and want to be able to execute ideas directly from them... More

7. "Be Prepared..This Place Will Change You"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some amazing people while at QL. It's a cool, front facing, tech frontier company that's a relief to the stuffy corporate standard. Benefits are great. 401K match. You get perks and event tickets like crazy! I learned a lot of skills and life-long knowledge from this place.

Cons

You get pacified with free snacks and slushies in exchange for long hours and below market pay. I could do without popcorn or slushies if it meant I had made an extra $7,680/year. The department I worked in got screwed 3 times over when pay increases were being discussed through the FOC. The workload and companies are expanding much more than teams can handle and it shows. Directors and team leaders are so out of it when it comes to humanitarian aspects of their team members. You're seen as your contributions and production to those above your job position. Diversity is an eye-roll and a whole other story. In my department, there were no promising advancement opportunities so many people left to go to other parts of the company or other companies period. Your stress and anxiety levels WILL increase.

Advice to Management

Learn and understand that your team members are actual humans, not just production numbers or error-free rates. Don't get beside yourself, if your team members aren't doing it, it's a direct correlation to you.

8. "Inconsistent Leadership"

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst
    Former Employee - IT Business Analyst

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual wear, wfh flexibility, free snacks/coffee, mature agile practices, the culture/ISMs

Cons

If you work there you will be harassed if you do not use their products even if other companies are more competitive. Too many leaders who are under-qualified, alcoholics, or insecure. Upper leadership curses flagrantly in meetings to increase "the cool factor". Many departments do not receive raises and they expect people to take commission based jobs without telling them the pay/bonus structure. Too many vendictive leaders who block people from promotions or getting jobs in other sister companies or departments.

Advice to Management

Find that mix of casual professionalism. Hire leaders with true leadership potential who understand servant leadership and who are invested in their teams and doing right by them. Don't rely on free snacks and gadgets to make up for micromanaging or poor management. Pay your employees in ALL departments well. Ensure the ISMs are being practiced.

20 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We understand where you are coming from and think it would be helpful to discuss further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

9. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunities, really fun internship

Cons

Can be overdemanding at times for interns

20 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you had such a fun internship! We take pride in our intern programs and appreciate your feedback.

10. "Senior mortgage banker"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

They offer a great benefits package

Cons

Lack of work life balance

20 Sep 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the honesty and are continue to work on improving work-life balance for our team members. We are happy to say that we have recently... More

Showing 1,342 of 1,725 reviews