RS Components Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.4
RS Components CEO Lindsley Ruth
Lindsley Ruth
Cons
  1. "Great working environment and company supports work-life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at RS Components full-time

Pros

Its been great working at RS components. My Manager has supported me a lot given I am a working mum. He has been very supportive and given me the flexibility in my working hours. I start late after dropping my kids to school. This has helped me a lot as I am very career-oriented, so I don't have to compromise with my career and look after my family at the same time.

Cons

All good so far at RS Components.

RS Components2017-03-15

"Are ethics important as a part of your values"

Former Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I worked at RS Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great range and distribution reach

Cons

Be careful. Ask yourself if your values are aligned to RS. Dig deep and ask many questions for example how did this position come about? Am I replacing someone who is already in the position I am applying for?

Advice to Management

The value statement is great, read it remember it, act and behave to what it says.

RS Components2019-01-27

RS Components Response

January 29, 2019HRBP

Thank you for your feedback, our ways of working are a core part of our business DNA. We have some more work to do, however we are working hard to gain consistency in this area.

"good company"

I have been working at RS Components full-time

Pros

relaxed environment, achievable targets, large range of products, friendly staff

Cons

lazy external counterparts who take all credit. no culture

RS Components2018-10-15

"Great globally, questionable locally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at RS Components full-time

Pros

Some passionate people Long term loyalty A lot of staff ready to assist As a global entity, improving immensely in terms of improving operations and global leadership.

Cons

Some key management staff locally afflicted by Dunning-Kruger Fragmented leadership team locally

Advice to Management

Don't run like E14 - is RS, so it's sooo much better Develop leaders not import "yes men"

RS Components2017-01-11

"Front Desk"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Sydney

I have been working at RS Components full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Have made some close friends while working at this place.

Cons

Silo mentality. If you need something done, do it yourself. Most staff have a "it's not my job" attitude. Very poor staff morale at the moment.

Advice to Management

Ignorance is Bliss. Fix the lack of respect that you are currently displaying to staff. Poor people skills is now having a bad influence on the way people work at this place.

RS Components2015-04-17

"Disappointing."

I worked at RS Components

Pros

The best was the friends I made there and the great team we had. Some real talent. Unfortunately they all left due to some seriously crap management.

Cons

It's hard to describe how poorly managed this company is. Or where to start. Let me see. The most unbelievable penny pinching in all the wrong places. Will fly management about and put them up in hotels all over the place and then put no money into departments/staff where there could be real growth. Absolutely no job security. Couldn't care less about their staff. No idea that good and happy employees are at... the core of any successful business. I could go on. Such a shame that such company with such potential is being run into the ground. xod

Advice to Management

Go back to school.

RS Components2015-03-03

"CRAP MANAGEMENT"

I have been working at RS Components

Pros

Flexibility is excellent. No rewards/or even hardly a thank you to appreciate your hard work that you put in for the business or customer. Company is going down due to EXTREMELY POOR MANAGEMENT. No improvement from sales perspective either.

Cons

Minimum job opportunities for the Australian Employees. Lunch Breaks should be 1 hour minimum. Employees underpaid.

Advice to Management

STOP FLYING PEOPLE IN/OUT FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY/INTERNATIONAL paying for all fancy dinners/transport/hotels and start winging company has no money or sales haven't improved. MANAGEMENT should listen to all employees/staff's IDEAS on how to improve the business and what is best for the customers who know their jobs inside out.

RS Components2015-02-17

"RS AUSTRALIA ---a company going down because of its management."

Sales Manager in Sydney

I have been working at RS Components

Pros

great colleagues, lot of employees have been here for years and years. a secure job if you do not want to oppose the management and are not ambitious.

Cons

inexperienced, immature managers. Too young to take responsible decisions. the company is doing 10% less sales than last year, month on month numbers. UK Boys club mentality is very strong. no or very limited opportunities are given to Australian employees. no consultation or exchange of ideas with the staff. no long term plans by the management.

Advice to Management

Have respect for senior staff and take advice from them

RS Components2015-02-03

"Could be a great place to work but not in it's current form...."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at RS Components full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great website that is easy to use and good stock levels. Free overnight delivery is appreciated by customers. Could be a very good company with the right management.

Cons

Sales managers travelling around the country doing absolutely nothing when they visit and adding no value to the business.They do no take your concerns seriously and do nothing but lie to your face and smile while they are doing it.They are very good at criticising people but offer nothing to change the situation. Can't contact anyone in Sydney as they never pick up the phone or reply to emails and don't want to... help you anyway.It is all too hard for them. Customer Service is a shambles with most customers telling me we are very hard to deal with unlike our opposition.

Advice to Management

Take you staff"s concerns seriously and stop telling upper management that things are improving when it is getting worse.Act now before permanent damage is done. Retrain your staff in the use of SAP - previous training was nothing short of abysmal.

RS Components2014-04-16

"Could be such a Great Company to work for..!"

Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at RS Components for more than 3 years

Pros

Great web site Good Stock availabilty

Cons

Gaps in the product Range-Continually discontinuing products with no alternatives Web Pricing -to catalogue pricing all over the place with Massive increases on key leading Brands. Sap Roll out poorly done People Culture all wrong

Advice to Management

Re training required on SAP as it was poorly implemeted by previous team..BS from them saying they did a great job! (no you did not) Cultural and attitude change needed in departments Customer Services...(Rude to customers..which is not good) Remove the Silo mentality within internal departments in Sydney.. Remove the Boys club that excisits in middle Managemnt..

RS Components2014-02-24