Rackspace Reviews

Updated 5 Jun 2020

3.5
Rackspace CEO Kevin Jones
Kevin Jones
Pros
  • "Great Culture from the Rackers(in 141 reviews)

• "Great culture, amazing head quarters(in 132 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some challenges with silos, but most Rackers genuinely want to help each other(in 122 reviews)

• "Middle management is afraid of senior leadership because of the high risk of being fired(in 71 reviews)

1. "A great place to work in Sydney"

Current Employee - Principal Solutions Architect in Sydney

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about the people. I have never seen any other company that does so many small things that make a difference. On joining, you get a appraisal of your desk and seating position. There is also an external service that helps employees with their personal issues, like personal, financial etc. and it is completely annonymous. It is the small things that make a big difference, and Rackspace does thebig and small things well. Like it posted face masks to all their employees, gave a COVID day off in April, gave a well being half day off in May.

Cons

It is a Sales driven organisation, a bit more strategic sales approach would help.

Rackspace2020-05-22
  2. "Best Place I've worked at"

Current Employee - Cloud Engineer IV in Sydney

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked at big international companies as well as start ups in my career. I can say that Rackspace has the best of both worlds.

Cons

At first, I find that there are too many applications to use, but once you get a hang of it. It's not too bad.

Rackspace2020-05-05
  3. "Best Place to work in a crisis!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros

During this uncertain time, instead of clocking us on time spent working, they continue to reach out to check if we're OK. They have provided a Mental Health Day to be taken when we want and organizing to ship each Racker masks for themselves and their family. The teams are providing weekly check-in's to keep morale up and the Racker community has never been stronger.

Cons

No company is perfect but the good outweighs the bad here.

Rackspace2020-05-04
  4. "Great Place for Techies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being such a large service provider, Rackspace enables engineers to specialise to the expert level of their job function. Often engineers have a higher level of expertise than the various vendor TACs, who are rarely engaged. Additionally, the breadth of services Rackspace offers allows engineers opportunity to change technical tracks if they want. It's not uncommon to see engineers jumping from Windows support teams into AWS support teams - further developing their technical talent. Moving up, Rackspace understands that management isn't always the path people want to take. The Technical Career Track (TCT) programme exists to cater for this, by offering titles such as Principle & Distinguished Architect as well as Fellow. These roles recognise the individual as an expert in their field and ensure there is no limit to any technical roles within the company.

Cons

As the company is headquartered in the US and operates globally, sometimes meetings are scheduled after hours.

Rackspace2020-04-30

"Losing staff fast"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Sydney

I worked at Rackspace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relavant services to the market

Cons

Toxic leadership. Staff seen as a cost center rather than of bringing value.

Rackspace2020-04-21

"Short term thinking, lack of trust, aggressive leadership"

1.0

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comes from a fantastic heritage of staff and leaders who care about each other and their customers

Cons

Leadership transformation in the past year has overhauled the management style and thinking for the worse. Short term focus, blame, lack of trust and a value in people is causing staff attrition and a broken culture

Rackspace2020-05-05
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Culture and perks and interesting work

Cons

Not a con but large leadership change globally which is a bit of a headspin, let's see how it lands

Rackspace2019-10-20

October 30, 2019Racker Experience Program Manager

Thank you for your suggestion around continuing to invest in our culture.

8. "Great Place to Work, but not as good as it used to be"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sydney

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture and benefits like gym membership, health & life insurance, quarterly fun budgets and company wide fun events. Very supportive in personal development. Flexible work/life balance to allow work from home. Management are great leaders and are involved at all levels of the business and proactively check in on everyone and are there to support you. There is full transparency so everyone in the business is aware of performance etc.

Cons

Alot of pressure is in Sales to continually hit targets while the company is going through alot of change with products/services and target market.... sales cycles are getting longer and longer but still with monthly quota's its harder and harder to keep being successful. Salaries are lower than market average, and the awesome culture is slowly getting less and less.

Rackspace2019-03-29

May 6, 2019Global Talent Brand Manager

Hi Racker - we pride ourselves on competitively compensating our Rackers and creating an amazing work environment. As such, it sounds like you have some ideas on how we can be even better. We encourage you to reach out to rackerexperience@rackspace.com with your ideas.

9. "marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Texas

I worked at Rackspace part-time for more than a year

Pros

good management engaging culture

Cons

no career advancement opportunities

Rackspace2019-03-16

April 26, 2019Global Talent Brand Manager

Thanks so much! We pride ourselves on our career advancement process, and frequently open roles internally first so we can promote from within. We're sorry to hear you did not feel this experience. Glad to hear you found our culture engaging!

"work experience"

I have been working at Rackspace full-time

Pros

great culture, amazing team, family

Cons

busy work environment, could pay more

Rackspace2019-01-22