Find jobs for Engineer

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty Good

Sep 11, 2020 - Systems Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, good flexibility, fair pay

Cons

Red Tape, limited creativity and influence

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

15-year employee @ 35 years old

Mar 10, 2017 - Field Engineer in Alice Springs
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provided benefits still good, haven't fallen to "self-serve" style yet. Flexible working hours via approved flex schedules. Unlimited job opportunities via moving within Raytheon. Long term relationships with US gov't via legacy contracts provides "good view" of company.

Cons

Managers for remote/foreign location employees have a out-of-site/out-of-mind mentality. Raytheon says they value employees yet relationships with management leads one to believe we are just bodies filling slots.

3. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

company with good reputation

Mar 12, 2015 - Aerospace Engineer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

great pay and benefits. plenty of annual leave. competitive market salary's.rewarding and exciting projects to work on. fun working experience.

Cons

limitied growth oppurtunities for staff. plenty of red tape on simple solutions. plenty of higher level politics. long commute to work.

4. 4.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Content Developer

Sep 3, 2018 - Content Developer in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting environment. Good peer support. High standard of work.

Cons

Tight deadlines. Conflicting priorities on some pieces.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great employer

Jan 29, 2016 - Manager, Systems Engineering in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Raytheon for over 4 years and had a great experience. The company provided many learning and growth opportunities. I was promoted twice during my tenure with the company, and my responsibility increased significantly. I felt like my management supported me and provided me with the career mentorship that I was seeking. I felt empowered and respected during my time there.

Cons

It can be difficult to work at such a large defense contractor company because of all the process and red tape. Things can move slowly, you have to be patient and pick your battles. That being said, if you learn how to work within the system, you can make a significant impact here!

211 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0

Electrical Engineer I - Salary

Jul 27, 2021 - Electrical Engineer I in McKinney, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work life balance is one of the best you can find in the entire tech industry. The company quite literally doesn't want you to go over 40 hours a week unless you have specific approval by manager/program to do the extra hours. And the extra hours are additionally compensated in overtime pay as well. Although overtime pay is only a 1-1 ratio to salary.

Cons

For engineering, promotions may take a long while unless you transfer internally when the times are right or look outside to negotiate a promotion. Also this pay in Texas is decent but in other higher cost states is very underwhelming. Overall their pay is average for how big the company is but it gets made up for with great company culture and work life balance and holidays.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stuck at a dead end job - Not being offered advancement

Jul 22, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Tewksbury, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. A stable job. 2. Great benefits.

Cons

The workload is okay, but the work is tedious. I keep getting the same brainless task over and over again because no one else wants to do it. I offered to help out with the new tasks when they asked for help, but they totally ignored me. They rather train a newer person than training me. The new person was given a harder task and that person would come to me for help anyway. Also rushing me to get work done while I helped out the new person. The new person never even mentioned I help out. Also getting very annoying coworkers talking to me on Skype every 10 mins about non-work-related stuff. I have to stay up late making up my hours to get my work done. Emails with the same questions were sent out multiple times and never gotten a reply. Is this a silent treatment? A new way to make someone quit? If I need to be miserable at work, maybe I should just quit and go somewhere that pays way better?

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

There’s no getting ahead if you’re not in the clique

Jul 28, 2021 - Engineering Fellow in Aurora, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are getting better around issues of work life balance.

Cons

I have demonstrated that you can deliver an enormous amount of technical and business success and win the very top technical awards (fellow, tech honors, many patents, innovation awards) and in 15 years of that only get one real raise that was more than roughly a cost of living. I gave my best 15 years to this company and basically got only one real atta boy. They only take care of those who are in the clique. The others get absolutely the least conceivable amount they think that person might stay for.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Raytheon is a traditional big defense company, with all the pros and cons that come from a big defense company.

Jul 9, 2021 - Systems Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their people. Work is generally slow and steady, yet challenging and engaging. The work is very stable, especially if you have a clearance. I've known incompetent people who've floated at Raytheon their whole careers. Culture is pretty in-offensive. Salaries are good, not great.

Cons

Clearances and Security slow down all work, as would be expected. All of your software is out of date. Nothing gets done quickly. Promotions aren't always quick, but usually distributed fairly. The work is weaponry. You have to reckon with that. Facilities are usually pretty bare bone / not beautiful. Some of my female coworkers have complained of harassment, but I've never personally witnessed any.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Introduction to the work world

Jul 28, 2021 - Software Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team members are really helpful Management wants me to succeed and grow Different opportunities to contribute to leadership

Cons

Personally has been hard for me to see my impact Some work can be slow at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,133 Reviews