Recruit Express Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Recruit Express Reviews

Updated 16 Aug 2019

Found 113 reviews

2.9
Recruit Express CEO Joo Siang Sim (no image)
Joo Siang Sim
Pros
  • "Fast-paced environment with a good central office(in 18 reviews)

• "Helpful and supportive colleagues, comfortable and friendly working environment, Great benefit scheme(incentives(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too fast-paced, but whether this is a con varies upon individuals(in 11 reviews)

• "Stressful, sales target, only value result(in 11 reviews)

"Not recommended"

SearchAsia - Business Development Assistant in Adelaide

I have been working at Recruit Express for less than a year

Pros

Great team support, challenging working environment, abundant opportunities, great platform for personal growth and development (learning new skills, e.g. multi-tasking, time management)

Cons

Complicated office politics, pressured working environment, discouraging working culture,

Advice to Management

reform of management, office culture; better training provided to new workers, establish an organized database

Recruit Express2015-10-09
  2. "Backend"

Current Employee - Senior Executive

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great colleagues, fast paced environment

Cons

many out of work activities

Recruit Express2019-08-16
  3. "Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

Good stepping stone into Recruitment

Cons

Low starting salary pay even for fresh grads

Recruit Express2019-08-06
  4. "Good place to start off from scratch!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Orchard, Central

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome colleagues in the office

Cons

Office politics within higher management

Recruit Express2019-06-10

June 17, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for the review. We are committed to create a conducive and collaborative environment for all our employees and we are glad to hear some of your experiences. We wish you the best in your future endeavours.

5. "A place to stress out"

I worked at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

If you enjoy cut throat environment this place welcomes you

Cons

Poor work ethics, management style, unnecessary politics. it’s just a number game(it’s about them, never about your welfare, unfair pay cuts, OT until siao but if you can’t fill roles, then sorry your pay still needs to get brutally cut if not bye) even though MOST of the time it’s based on luck and job market but they view it as your ultimate “skill”

Advice to Management

Good luck, hire the right ppl who love to stress everyday and shove jobs for a living

Recruit Express2019-07-11
  6. "Sales job- Cut throat culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

It would be a good stepping stone for fresh grad. However, don’t stay too long.

Cons

It’s a numbers game, no room for any excuses! If you can’t make it, then you are not cut out for it despite the amount of hard work. If you don’t meet their “expectations” thru weekly/monthly numbers report you can be doing ONLY contract roles for half a year till they agree/approve to sent you to take your CEI (license to do permanent roles), unless you are able to be well liked by your CEO/managers. With that,... be prepared to get pay cut (20%) if you don’t hit your target. Mandatory tasks: Never ending of calls to candidates as long as you receive resumes from your job posting. Daily candidates’ interview, no matter whether is there an job opening for them. Close to daily cold calling + biweekly business visit. Lastly, if you are not a confirmed staff and decided to resign. You will have to pay for their so called “training fees” as penalty + serve 2 weeks of notice. So technically, means free labour. Don’t think that you can peacefully do the bare minimum during your notice period. They will still monitor your performance and pass nasty remarks asking you to close deals. So, do think twice if you want join them. Good luck!

Recruit Express2019-06-26
  7. "It was the worst job/practices I’ve ever experienced."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Jurong East New Town, West

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

There isn’t much pros to start with. Colleagues are ok, salary fluctuates due to sales nature. But such common traits are easily the same with other industry.

Cons

Unethical - Just dump any jobs to candidate to fulfill quota and commission. It could also mean that there is a possibility that the applicant is a bad fit, but the practice there is to shove it to him nevertheless. If the applicant is unsuccessful or fussy with their interviews, we move on to the next target and just leave him hanging. So by nature, the is a tendency to force applicant to take whatever jobs we dish... it to him, all we want is his cooperation. Fast pace and seems like results is all it matters, no one is going to question you how you do it. Not much guidance as well, if you can ‘survive’ then good and if not, next better player then.

Advice to Management

This advice is to everyone who is thinking of joining them, this is just afterall a sales job. Most of your colleagues just see you like an ant to the colony; not an asset. You probably also won’t learn much from them, because you are not view as an asset and they won’t invest into you. So I strongly suggest that you build up the foundation/ experiences elsewhere. If this company is really that good and those who... gave 5 stars, how come they are know as ‘former employees’. They would have stayed on already

Recruit Express2019-06-20

June 24, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. If you would like to share more about your experiences with us, please contact us by emailing feedback@recruitexpress.com.sg so that we can set up an appropriate time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback.

8. "Executive Search Consultant"

I have been working at Recruit Express full-time

Pros

Got handed experience by cold calling and approach new clients and candidates

Cons

less training and system quite a mess

Recruit Express2019-04-09

May 2, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for the review. We are committed to create a conducive and collaborative environment for all our employees and we are disappointed to hear some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve. Thank you again for your ...

"Very steep learning curve - Hustle from morning to evening"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Recruit Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive mentors. Dynamic and fast moving environment. Not your usual boring office job

Cons

Very fast paced, very steep learning curve and some managers can be quite sales Focussed. This is a sales job after all. Not an easy environment to survive or thrive in. Unless you don't mind getting shouted at and made to feel worthless.

Advice to Management

Times have changed. Move on.

Recruit Express2019-05-12

May 27, 2019HR Manager

10. "Short Part-Time Experience"

I worked at Recruit Express part-time

Pros

Great environment with a friendly culture

Cons

Difficult to earn commission if the job market is on a decline

Recruit Express2019-03-27