Roche Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Dec 12, 2020

Found 37 of over 5,125 reviews

4.3
Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan
Severin Schwan
1,904 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good benefits, thanks care of their employees(in 168 reviews)

• "Great benefits and working environment(in 145 reviews)

• Cons
  • "needs more strategic direction from senior management(in 47 reviews)

• "Constant change in Upper Management(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work with very good benefits

Dec 12, 2020 - Director, Project Leadership in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good health insurance

Cons

Constant change in Upper Management

Roche Response

Global Recruitment

Thanks for taking time to share your view. Our compensation policy is focused on the promotion of strong performance, profit sharing, fairness and transparency in payment decisions as well as ensuring a balance between base salary and performance benefits. We continuously measure our benefits packages against benchmarks to ensure they are competitive globally. Benefits packages offered by our affiliates are in line with the benefits policy of the Group. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its alright

Oct 7, 2020 - Systems Engineer I
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Things are pretty stable in the company (its not going anywhere) - Benefits are expansive - Good work/life balance

Cons

- Seems that the only way to progress in the company is to jump teams. Its rare to see promotions for people who stay on the same team, only when they move to another team. - Pay is much less than similar positions in the area - Disconnect between upper management and actual workers

1 person found this review helpful

Roche Response

Global Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. Our compensation policy is focused on the promotion of strong performance, profit sharing, fairness and transparency in payment decisions as well as ensuring a balance between base salary and performance benefits. We continuously measure our benefits packages against benchmarks to ensure they are competitive globally. Benefits packages offered by our affiliates are in line with the benefits policy of the Group. Roche wants to provide development possibilities for all employees. All of us are asked to take the initiative for our own development and Roche provides a variety of offers to support this. Regular check-ins with leaders continuously improve communication and help to define what is best for employees and leaders at a certain time. We encourage you to actively ask your leader for this exchange. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future with Roche.

3. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great company with great internship program

Oct 17, 2019 - Support Network in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given real projects where you can make a real impact at Roche

Cons

Sometimes can be hard to meet with upper management

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a great place to work

Jul 25, 2019 - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a bunch of awesome people to work with. The project is super cool and involves multiple cutting edge technologies which is honestly pretty special. Consistent high attendance happy hours.

Cons

Upper management doesn't know what they're doing, how to hire managers, how to fire toxic employees, etc Still no sales. Below market wage. A lot of below average, hard to work with employees.

12 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Don’t be fooled

Jun 15, 2019 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits (not including pay) is the only thing that keeps me here

Cons

I’ve been here nearly 18 years and it’s a revolving door with good people coming in and then leaving while bad people keep getting promoted and having their egos inflated. Upper management is political, rude, not transparent, and total cronies. You can’t trust anyone to not throw you under the bus. And the company claims they are working on their ‘cultural beliefs’ But those are all just HR check the box activities that none of upper management loves up to. I’m so sick of the antics, egos, and jockeying for positions. They’ll tell you one thing in the interview and once you start you’ll be doing something else because of ‘resource constraints’ and ‘we’re doing more with less’ So you get sucked dry of all energy. Don’t be fooled!

12 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Contractor

Entry level job

Apr 19, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work/life balance Great benefits Supportive work environment

Cons

Some favoritism in upper management.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Top Heavy

Mar 12, 2019 - Applications Specialist in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are outstanding, 401K is second to none.

Cons

No accountability within upper management. All decisions based on the "team" mentality.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee

A hedge fund that just keeps on getting lucky

Feb 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Substantial resources Good reputation among physicians Opportunities for development Adept at identifying takeover targets

Cons

Extremely political work environment. Truth is a negotiable concept. Upper management are very disconnected from the realities of the business. R&D has had very limited success in Europe (luckily Genentech & Chugai are effective).

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

An ideal workplace

Sep 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commitment to the personal development of the employees Flexible hours Cutting-edge products Room for progression within the company Great management Good benefits/compensation Rewards for productivity/achievements (peer recognition)

Cons

Hierarchical system: decision making comes from above Since it is a massive company, you do not have easy access to upper management

10. 4.0