Rocky Mountain Chocolate Reviews

• Part-time
3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Franklin E. Crail

1. "Absolutely Greatest Part Time Job"

Current Employee - Chocolatier in Libertyville, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Chocolatier in Libertyville, IL (US)

I have been working at Rocky Mountain Chocolate part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Chocolate...! -Staff... Great set of staff, basically a family -Owners... Best couple ever! Nicest, sweetest humans -No difference between levels -Great pay with christmas bonuses, and raises at least once a year

Cons

-Lost of communication between boss

Advice to Management

Communication is key

2. "sales associate"

Pros

If you are a lover of chocolates, I would suggest that you work in this kind of business. You will learn the difference between white, dark, regular chocolates and will know the different kind of chocolates and how one chocolate taste differ from one another.

Cons

If you want to maintain a good body weight, then its not a good idea to work in chocolate store because its so tempting to see chocolates every time you are surrounded with chocolates.

Advice to Management

The management should also think the welfare of their staff with regards to benefits. During my tenure, I came to know that those whose status are permanent doesn't received any kind of benefit.

3. "Amazing Job"

Current Employee - Product Associate in Eugene, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Product Associate in Eugene, OR (US)

I have been working at Rocky Mountain Chocolate part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small staff, fun atmosphere, the owners- Anne and Carmen and incredible. They help you out, create a fun, creative environment. Very flexible on schedule.

Cons

Don't expect more than min wage. They are not the best on hiring logical employees, the store has to abide to VRC regulations.

5. "Yep"

Pros

I work 10-15 hours per week as a keyholder/sales associate. Would be nice to be making more than min wage, but I love this place too much to seek out higher pay.

Cons

See above. Everyone has more than one job, as none of us can get enough hours for it to be sustainable. Other than that it's an amazing job.

6. "Managing a sea of incompetance"

Former Employee - Retail Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Retail Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Rocky Mountain Chocolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chocolate galore in a great location in Downtown Vancouver Cananda. A busy location with lots to see and do especially in tourist season.

Cons

Poor upper management, whiney staff, unethical business practices, retail managers are given unreasonable demands with unreasonable time frames. No over time is paid but you are expected to work over time. The entire Canadian version of this company is a disorganized mess. When emailing 1 simple question you'd have to "cc" literally 7 other people then anticipate 7 different opinions and replies. Recipes are never documented so good luck trying to recreate what an upper manager made. I was told "good luck" when I asked for the recipe to recreate an item in the store I worked in. Zero support and ridiculous expectations. There is no staff room! No place to keep food cold. The washroom is where staff have to keep their belongings. Many staff get sick from working there because it's so dirty.

Advice to Management

Start realizing the potential of your managers and staff. Treat them as people, since that's why you can afford the Porsche you drive. You won't stop losing money unless you do. Maybe re evaluate you DM.

7. "Okay, good starter job"

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Pros

Great intro. to customer service, you get to sample sweets and making them can be pretty fun, at the place I worked they did give me all the days off that I asked for, and they were genuine nice employers

Cons

The schedule came out late in the week, low pay, no room for improvement, they were very picky about everything, they had cameras watching you in case you would do something wrong, they were always changing things -they couldn't find a good system-, they were very upset when you couldn't fill in for someone, and if you made something wrong and the total was over $15.00 they took it out of your paycheck.

Advice to Management

Stop being so paranoid, figure out a better system that works, send out work schedules earlier

8. "Shift Manager"

Pros

Easy, interactive with customers, and positive atmosphere

Cons

This job can be very repetitive at times.

Advice to Management

To possibly diversify the work to continue motivational for the workers.

9. "Cool"

Pros

Pretty easy interview and easy job

Cons

None that I can think of

10. "terrible"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

you get to smell chocolate all day

Cons

upper management is terrible and you get to smell chocolate all day

Advice to Management

stop being terrible

11. "Its a perfect job to have while you're looking for another . . ...."

Former Employee - Clerk in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Clerk in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Rocky Mountain Chocolate part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free chocolate, learn new things, Fun mall atmosphere, I got acknowledged by other store managers and got a lot of job offerings

Cons

Diabetes, Management, People that have worked their for years treat you like they're the boss, Bossy people, always looking for something to criticize you, small store so employees are constantly keeping a eye on you

Advice to Management

Instead of focusing on negative things, it would be nice if you'd acknowledge someone for what they've done right... Like ***Achieving store sales

RSS Feed </> Embed