Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.2
Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 94 reviews)

• We have excellent compensation & benefits, with a very flexible work environment (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 21 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Victory-oriented firm"

Current Employee - Practice Leader
    Current Employee - Practice Leader

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Focused leadership which delivers messages straight and rewards genuinely
    2. Breaking profit records year after year
    3. Team members are focused on the results that matter and genuinely excited to be there, knowing they are genuinely valued and rewarded on a transparent, value-driven basis
    4. the future is boundless unlike other firms which are happy to plod along

Cons

1. Some clients need to be made aware of who we are and what we do but after one engagement, they never forget us and understand the Ryan difference

Advice to Management

Thank you for the constant flow down of important information on results and plans and for the honesty to give the real picture and take ownership of any errors made. Refreshing!

7 Mar 2017 – X

Thank you for your review. Success both business and career-wise are very important to us at Ryan!

2. "Great work life balance, but a strong culture of greed."

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work life balance program. Approachable leadership if you any issues or advice for improvements. CEO truly cares about his employees. You can make a lot of money in bonuses if you're in the right situation.

Cons

A lot of colluding by principals to horde accounts and prospects. Everyone is about money here, so there is a lot of greed and back stabbing here. Horrible training or lack thereof for technical experience, though not the fault of the training department.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on the account ownership/sales process even though there will be growing pains. Look to improve project distribution and the utilization of teams. Keep innovating your work life balance culture.

3. "Exceed expectation"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

it is a good management support

Cons

politics
     and
     poor communication skill
     my management
    micromanagement

Advice to Management

politics

18 Jul 2017 – X

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that overall your time here exceeded your expectations.

"Tax associate"

Pros

No pros
    To say about Ryan
    Waste of time to get into this company
    Believe me I faced it in Ryan

Cons

Waste recruitment screening process
    Only reference will work out for fresher's
    Every month recruitment is done due to dissatisfaction of employees and there leaving

Advice to Management

Be genuine to fresher candidates

"A Mixed Bag"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My Ryan

Commitment to client satisfaction

Cons

Strongly suggesting employees to create positive reviews on Glassdoor and surveys. The overwhelming positive reviews on the site at times felt like a demonstration of loyalty to management.

Company is focused on results, which can be good, but at times at the expense of others. Ryan can be a difficult environment for collaboration as the system is designed for conflict rather than cooperation.

Lack of experienced managers created a void, with good people moving on leaving less capable leaders in place to protect their turf.

A regional firm that wants to be a national player, but stuck in a very conservative mindset reminiscent of the 1950's. The company has made an effort to promote and support women, but not much else.

Politically conservative and often appeals to employees to donate to the Ryanpac. The donation is suggested, but they do keep track and participation is strongly encouraged. It can be awkward when the PAC supports politicians that are in violation of one's values.

Advice to Management

Ryan is not a small company any longer, stop thinking like one.

"Fine, but be wary of glowing glassdoor reviews"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan provided the opportunity for a nice career trajectory if you were willing to put in long, underappreciated hours. There was some flexibility in terms in terms of time off and working from home, but your mileage varies greatly depending on your manager.

Cons

As a manager, you'll report to ten different partners who all believe that you're working exclusively on their projects. You'll be promised project bonuses that often take several years to pay out. Very poor recruiting/onboarding; teams (especially those outside of Texas) might wait months before they get the support they need.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews on Glassdoor. I suspect many of these reviews are fake, and I recommend anyone considering employment here to look at the rating trend and reviews before 2017. Ryan is a 3.5-star workplace, which is fine compared to Big Four and other accounting firms. But as of 2017 there's suddenly a flurry of vaguely-detailed 5-star reviews.

11 Jul 2017 – X

Thank you for your review. We have asked employees to share their thoughts on our work environment in both internal surveys and external sites. Although we strive to be perfect, we realize there... More

"Run while you can!"

Pros

Flex schedule, decent bonus structure for managers and above, the Principal you work for is key as they can. make or break your career at Ryan

Cons

Principals (partners) all think their projects are important and are constantly hounding managers for updates, "dog" projects are not distributed evenly, bonus structure is a joke for staff, salary is way below market especially in cities that are not in Texas, staff can cause problems for managers and it is difficult to fire people due to the need for "bodies" not great staff, managers never get PTO as they are always on call, burn out is rampant for managers, doing extra work for no money so team resources are taken up, projects with high bonus go to the same teams, working during holidays is normal for managers, the President thinks only of himself and not the entire firm, his new "incentive" is a joke since it is based on how much is brought in during the end of the year by teams and it includes Principals who already get paid significantly more than everyone at the firm, sleep is nonexistent if you have pushy Principals, firm stigma is terrible. I could go on and on, but just be wary of something that seems to good to be true.

Advice to Management

Don't disregard comments on Glass door, pay better salaries, keep the people who matter, and learn from your mistakes so you don't make the same ones over and over again.

"Cracks beginning to show in the foundation"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The MyRyan Program
    - Work Autonomy
    - This is a great company for new accountants trying to get a great name on the resume. The company is highly respected in the accounting world and it will do wonders for your resume and future career progression.

Cons

****** Please note: Beginning in August 2016, Ryan has asked their employees to go onto Glassdoor to submit good reviews to bump the company average. They were then asked to submit the screenshots to show their "commitment". So please be aware of that as you go through the reviews submitted during this time period. ******

Inexperienced and dangerously-promoted managers and leaders. I was a senior member of a group for nearly two years. One leader had no experience in our field. They have burned and churned through three (3) complete teams in the past 3-4 years. Upon sharing feedback with leader, no visible signs of understanding or change in behavior would occur. When these issues were elevated to Upper Leadership, nothing was done. Another leader on the team, with no management experience, would constantly have employees in tears due to inappropriate conversations and interactions. Employee morale in pur department was always very low.

Most recently, the Top 3 positions in our division have left. The function is broken and in-need of a complete reset.

The company is still ran like a mom and pop with 25 employees. EVERY purchase, even office supplies , has to be personally approved by the top so purchase orders will sit for months.

The "cowboy" way of running the company by calling out changes on the fly during conference calls is not effective.

Advice to Management

The Firm's infrastructure is completely broken and needs an overhaul. It's time to be out with the old and in with the new in regards to Leadership.

Learn to run the Firm like a 2,000+ person organization vs. a 25-person start up.

Promote those into leadership that possess those skills for leadership.

"Worst Company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and Benefits are normal

Cons

I will not recommend working in Ryan LLC. This place is only good if you know someone in the Management otherwise your life will be hell.

1) No Training
    2) Open abuse, no respect at all
    3)My Ryan is totally drama only gives this benefit to their babies and buddies
    4) Very few CA are working,
    5) No Paperless environment, the standard of working is very low not even close to mid-size accounting firms

Advice to Management

Be fair and open your eyes and find out what is going on under your nose,

"Team Leader"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Flexibility like you cannot believe!

Cons

Bonus structure doesn't always feel right in terms of the ratios and how it's divided.

30 May 2017 – X

Thank you for your comment. Flexibility and the MyRyan are an important part of who we are. We always strive to make the bonus as fair as possible, and continually look for ways to improve. -Ryan