Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.0
Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ryan has a flexible work environment that allows it's employees to create a customized approach to work life balance (in 100 reviews)

• They go out of their way to make accommodations for people with a flexible work environment that is truly unique (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Even the team is working towards bringing more policies in terms of Work life balance but there seems to be some thing that need in this front (in 22 reviews)

• bonus structure not transparent enough, too many small teams compete with each other (in 20 reviews)

"Victory-oriented firm"

Current Employee - Practice Leader
    Current Employee - Practice Leader

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Focused leadership which delivers messages straight and rewards genuinely
    2. Breaking profit records year after year
    3. Team members are focused on the results that matter and genuinely excited to be there, knowing they are genuinely valued and rewarded on a transparent, value-driven basis
    4. the future is boundless unlike other firms which are happy to plod along

Cons

1. Some clients need to be made aware of who we are and what we do but after one engagement, they never forget us and understand the Ryan difference

Advice to Management

Thank you for the constant flow down of important information on results and plans and for the honesty to give the real picture and take ownership of any errors made. Refreshing!

Ryan, LLC Response

7 Mar 2017 – X

Thank you for your review. Success both business and career-wise are very important to us at Ryan!

"Property Tax Best in Class"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Property Tax Practices are the best in the industry. The Complex, Commercial and Compliance Practice Leaders and the Partners that I worked with, especially those in the Dallas office, are extremely friendly, fair, and always try to "do right" by their employees.

Cons

Because Ryan's Property Tax Practices are the largest and best in the industry, there is no shortage of clients or work to be done.

Advice to Management

Top Level Execs should continue to look for opportunities to delegate practice-specific and business unit-specific final reviews and final approvals down to the various Practice Leaders and BU leaders so that they can focus on the "big picture" items/ company-wide initiatives and strategies instead.

"Go to market strategy"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Smart and diverse group of professionals

Cons

Very weak go to market strategy - dialing for dollars...

Advice to Management

build better sales and marketing teams and efforts to attack a market segment with more of a long term strategy vs. a quick hit mentality.

"Awesome"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Awesome place and people.

Cons

There are no cons at all

"myRyan is a blessing"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

myRyan has allowed me to work and at the same time take care of my mother at her home. This has been a blessing to my family to allow my mother personal freedom and to give my whole family relief she is with family. myRyan fosters personal responsibility but also is about Ryan caring about its employees' ability to blend work and personal.

Cons

myRyan does foster personal responsibility and some people will not prosper in such a non-traditional enviroment

"Competitive, Rewarding Environment with Lots of Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Ryan has a great niche in the professional business tax services space. Not being an accounting firm (and subject to audit firm issues) or a regional competitor, Ryan can leverage local resources on a national scale. This is perfect for businesses that do not want to deal with multiple tax firms with their issues.

Overall, the firm is laser-focused on achieving results with a focus on organic growth and seizing acquisition opportunities in the marketplace. This allows the firm to continue providing the best service and present opportunities to individuals that want to grow.

Ryan is not a place for people that do not want to continue developing themselves and willing to put in a superior effort to achieve results. This is a not firm where one can hide by merely "showing up" to work.

Though it is a competitive environment, I have found there to be a team effort on a firm and local office level. The local office managers are focused on creating the best environment for client service and employee growth. Though the management team does not always get it right, I know they are working with the best interests of the staff.

Cons

As Ryan continues to grow and evolve, better structures and systems need to be developed to allow the firm operations to match the size of the firm. There is a lot of tedious report running and calls on financials, and other matters.

Another example is in the area of expense and PO approvals. Makes no sense why the CEO needs to still approve these. If there was a better system in place (including accountability), there would not be a need for this type of structure.

Overall, internal support groups lag in providing service and seems they are not valued as much as client-facing professionals. Higher turnover rates, delayed responses and lack of organizational knowledge have created many groups where the service needs improvement.

Principals still seem to run everything at Ryan to the point where others voices are not allowed or considered. No real decision-making exists if you are not a Principal. This is too bad as there are many talented people that are not heard.

Advice to Management

Continue transforming processes and structure to match the firm size. Build better accountability measures into practice and local offices so results are much more evident and easily accessible.

Continue the monthly calls with Brint and messaging from the firm and practice groups. These are invaluable and show the firm cares.

Continue the laser-focus on growth as this will create opportunities for our firm and people.

This firm has a lot of potential so keep on transforming everything.

"server"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

fleability, set schedule, hours, customers

Cons

mgmt. not seasoned, turnover, understaffed and hard to keep help

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Company values. They offer work life balance.

Cons

Work load was intense. There wasn't enough time for family or to do community projects. The other con is there is no vacation accural.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible workplace, great people, great compensation

Cons

Limited career development opportunities (especially in remote offices)

11. "Great Company to work for!"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential for career growth and take on more responsibilities.

Cons

health insurance was not so great