SAP Employee Reviews about "large company"

Updated 19 Jan 2021

4.5
SAP CEO Christian Klein
Christian Klein
3,719 Ratings
Pros
  • "work life balance, good benefits(in 515 reviews)

• "Great work culture, generous benefits, great people(in 376 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Big company as result more bureaucracy(in 225 reviews)

• "It's a large company so you can get lost in the organisation structure when you come in(in 192 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "large company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for, incredibly flexible and professional

15 Jul 2019 - Innovation Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working conditions, friendly people, interesting projects, lots of opportunity to extend your knowledge and experience.

Cons

Large company, so can be difficult to navigate. Lots of processes and systems to learn.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for

24 Feb 2020 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and employee focused. Lots of opportunities

Cons

Large company with bureaucracy resulting in delays in getting things done and agility

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I absolutely LOVED working for Concur before SAP took over.

6 Aug 2020 - Senior Support Engineer in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has an amazing set of core values. We truly are all about the customer's experience. SAP-Concur offers a great work-life balance.

Cons

Policies & procedures have become ridiculous. We have literally gone back 10 years in time to manually keeping track of issues with our new "Issue Tracker". Nothing is automated like it used to be. Also, finding the right resources is tough and the documentation and training are severely lacking. Making sure new employees have proper access is also a headache. Half of the managers have no clue on how to get proper access to new hires. As a woman working for a large company, there is a huge pay gap between men and women. I know this because my referral (who is male) was hired on making 10k more a year than me for a lower position and this was after I had been with the company for over a decade. While Sap-Concur has made some strides to improve the pay difference for me, it is still not enough. I am barely making more than the new hires that I am expected to train and mentor.

SAP Response

Life at SAP Team

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Each year, we undertake an external salary benchmarking review of the local market. This review is to ensure we offer a competitive salary package compared to companies with a similar profile and for the wide range of roles we have in each country. We also have a compensation review cycle that gets underway in Quarter One every year. As part of that compensation cycle, managers allocate the merit budget assigned to them (which is based on the performance of the company, team, and on an individual level) to reward employees. We encourage you to use the SAP Talk tool to discuss any open questions/points of clarification or concerns you might have on this topic with your line manager directly.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great role for an intro to development

19 Jan 2021 - Production Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendous amount of growth potential and opportunities, lots of tools for career advancement, excellent work life balance and company culture

Cons

Large company so your work and efforts may fly under the radar

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great workplace culture

12 Jan 2021 - LMS Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is open about changes and why they are being made. The management team listens to concerns and addresses them.

Cons

Extremely large company so you may feel over looked, or just a number, in major decisions being made by the company

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Employee focused

13 Jan 2021 - Product Management in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is very focused on employees and treats us as a valuable resource.

Cons

It's a large company so sometimes bureaucratic, but it's a minor point compared to the pros.

7. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Great brand and culture, but can be confusing to navigate

5 Jan 2021 - Communications Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at SAP as a contract staff for a year. The company makes a great effort in making sure that everyone feels connected to the brand, purpose and its business. Good culture too. Being a German company, they are very process oriented too, which I like.

Cons

It's a large company so you can get lost in the organisation structure when you come in. And due to the transformation that the company is on, restructure can happen quite frequently so you need to keep up with it.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

SAP cares about its team members and culture!

3 Aug 2020 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at SAP for almost a year. I can say that I've been impressed with everything from onboarding (pairing you up with a mentor / buddy, weekly onboarding sessions, lots of communication) through to where I am now. There's lots to learn, but the whole environment is focused on you succeeding. I appreciate the benefits, the flexibility and the opportunity to grow. I've been very impressed with my time here. Thank you for investing in Diversity and Inclusion. SAP is strong technology player and our stock reflects that.

Cons

It's a large company and there are legacy processes in place. Management is aware and trying to work to improve in this area.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

People first

11 Jan 2021 - IT Engineer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

SAP cares about it's employees.

Cons

Extremely large company, so lower T levels seem to be overlooked.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

SAP as employer

2 Oct 2020 - Senior Support Engineer CoE in Budapest
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and people are the most important figures, when choosing a company. Money comes third after the first 2, but SAP is also good in this area with benefits not many company offers to their employees.

Cons

As a normal large company, people still need to have a good filter for high-management communication, but SAP is still doing great in this area compared to other employers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 190 Reviews