Find jobs for Inside Sales Account Executive

Thai Lee
  1. "Great Experience"

Former Intern - Inside Account Executive

I worked at SHI International

Pros

Great access to management and energetic young culture

Cons

It can be difficult to excel if you get a bad book.

"Great entry level experience"

Former Employee - Inside Account Manager

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

SHI has a great training and onboarding Process

Cons

None that can be noted

3. "Inside Account Executive"

Current Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training for your first job out of college. Introduces you into the technology industry.

Cons

If you don’t have the right accounts you won’t make money. Only a select few are given the opportunity to succeed. Very high stress and not worth it.

4. "Amazing company culture and opportunity"

Current Employee - Inside Account Executive in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work for a large company with the ability to give you whatever resources you need to survive without feeling like you work for a large bureaucracy

Cons

Most sales support positions are filled by people who put in a year at the sales role. Weren’t good at it or don’t care

"Toxic Masculinity at its finest. I was miserable."

2.0
    Former Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The initial training is great. The T&D team was awesome when I first joined (don't know about now). - If you don't actually want to "do" anything, this is the place for you. Most of your time will be wasted running "meetings" about IT "environments" when your customers don't even need to talk to you. Basically you had to fluff up your meeting book. The other half of your time will be spent chitchatting with low intellect white males. And lastly, you will waste your time at morning meetings where you are treated like an incapable child by managers who are completely unqualified. - Lots of delicious food for lunches hosted by partner tech companies. - Lots of happy hours.

Cons

- They hire mediocre/low-talent employees in the masses for a reason. HIGH turnover rate. People hate working here after their first year because they realize this job is taking them nowhere with a limited book of over-rinsed accounts. - Could be a pro as well, but you feel like you're back in college here - Management is comprised of under-qualified individuals who attempt to micro-manage. If you're a quick learner and work quickly and efficiently, you will be punished and judged for "taking it easy". I used to get all my meetings done in an efficient manner early in the morning and my manager would have meetings with me about "not seeing me run meetings"...bro it's because you were half asleep as I ran them. - People pretend to cheer you on and encourage you...when I left I realized how sour my manager was for my departure even though I thoroughly discussed it with him and his boss. - Toxic Masculinity everywhereee - Patronizing - Lack of diversity and they put their "token" individuals on a pedestal lol - Overall very gossipy environment - Everyone sleeps with everyone. Many married couples met here...it's weird. The company encourages it.

Continue reading

"Wonderful Company with Many Opportunities"

Former Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at SHI for 4 years and am so thankful for the opportunity. I hadn't ever cold called or been in sales at all prior to. Their on-boarding and training programs are well thought-out and easy to follow. The managers are there to help you and do truly care. SHI has a big promote from within culture so most of the managers used to be the role you are in now. The culture of the Austin office is absolutely amazing, very inclusive, and makes it enjoyable to be at work. I highly recommend SHI and would work for them again.

Cons

At the time, we were given 1 work from home day per week. This was nice, but there just wasn't much flexibility given. As I grew more senior I really loved my wfh days because I actually accomplished more than being at my desk (less distractions, etc). This really isn't a con if you are okay with going into an office everyday.

7. "Not a bad first job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

Laid back, not much pressure to hit numbers

Cons

Low salary, poor management, long days

8. "Great first job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think shi has been a great opportunity to grow professionally. Culture is great for a sales organization. People are helpful and the organization strives to win together.

Cons

With a young sales force there is some degree of micromanaging, but it’s not too bad. Base salary is a tad low.

Continue reading

"Good Intentions but Constant Change"

Current Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible CEO and GM. Pay is uncapped. Lots of learning and training. You can go from knowing absolutely nothing about IT, to eventually becoming a specialist, technical advisor, engineer, business development manager, channel account manager, etc. There is a huge community of people to support you if ever needed (countless Go Fund Me's over the years). Wins are celebrated. It is easy to meet people and make friends. You get the chance to network within the IT industry.

Cons

Inconsistent leadership and asks. The focus shifts on a weekly or monthly basis. It is very political. Management sells our time to partners, and it results in them trying to take control of our calendars; this distracts from the actual job and tasks at hand. The comp structure has changed multiple times, and quotas always seem too high or difficult to attain. There is INFORMATION OVERLOAD, and it seems few people in management have bothered taking classes in psychology or emotional/mental health. The job is extremely stressful and they would prefer you to be about quantity over quality. I'm exhausted.

Continue reading

"Easy to get a job and it's money so, whatever."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are generally people's people, so they are mostly outgoing, fun, and upbeat. The vendors pay for a lot of happy hours and lunches, so that was nice. Their training program is exceptional, and if you sold a lot, you could make pretty good money. Oh, and through selling a lot, you could make contacts at other companies that could provide better opportunities.

Cons

Cubicles all day, every day and a bit of micromanagement. They also weren't very supportive of personal growth outside the company. Also, you are expected to generate leads (cold call) then grow the account, and although they do provide good training, you still have to be on the phone all day every day. Low salary pay if you don't sell. Did I mention cubicles?

Found 194 reviews