Find jobs for Inside Sales

Thai Lee
  1. "Not a bad first job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

Laid back, not much pressure to hit numbers

Cons

Low salary, poor management, long days

2. "Great first job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think shi has been a great opportunity to grow professionally. Culture is great for a sales organization. People are helpful and the organization strives to win together.

Cons

With a young sales force there is some degree of micromanaging, but it’s not too bad. Base salary is a tad low.

Continue reading

"Easy to get a job and it's money so, whatever."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are generally people's people, so they are mostly outgoing, fun, and upbeat. The vendors pay for a lot of happy hours and lunches, so that was nice. Their training program is exceptional, and if you sold a lot, you could make pretty good money. Oh, and through selling a lot, you could make contacts at other companies that could provide better opportunities.

Cons

Cubicles all day, every day and a bit of micromanagement. They also weren't very supportive of personal growth outside the company. Also, you are expected to generate leads (cold call) then grow the account, and although they do provide good training, you still have to be on the phone all day every day. Low salary pay if you don't sell. Did I mention cubicles?

4. "It's a sales job"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time

Pros

Big company with a reputation Catered lunch is fairly regular Simple business dress If you're in CIN or Named you're essentially fine (40k base)

Cons

Alot of the accounts in your book have been called upon regularly from previous reps and others have bad experiences 32500 base if you're SMB Resources significantly rolled back Free lunch can make dieting difficult Comission has taken a hit from recent company tax on all sales

5. "Great Entry Level Job with Room to grow"

5.0
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great entry level job where you learn customer service, time management, email management , insurance and good first year compensation.

Cons

There are no complaints for SHI

6. "Great exposure to business operations and tech industry"

5.0
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Excellent training program - Great health insurance - really good job for entry level employees

Cons

- when working on a team it's easy to take on more work than your teammates

"East Coast Region"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers and benefits , great HR team , training is very detailed

Cons

Management and how hard it is to sell to K12 district

Continue reading

"You have to work hard to make money, but that is the case everywhere..."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a sales organization. Many of the other reviews talk about no money or no room for growth, that is simply not true. SHI is one of the very top IT resellers, there is plenty of money to be made just by dropping the SHI name. Sales is sales, you have to go out and find your money. If you are good at what you do, you will have success and climb the latter quickly. If you aren't good at it, the base salary and account base, that is literally given to you when you walk in the door, is decent enough to make a living. Know your worth, and work to raise it. When I left the company, there was no malus in my heart. I had a great manager, a great book of business, and was making good money. Hard-working people all around me were making money too. Sure there were complaints but you will have those when you work for a 10 Billion dollar company. There is free lunch all the time, a killer holiday party, conferences, and so many spiffs to take advantage of you can basically choose what you want to make year over year. Selling anything is hard work, some people just don't want to do the work.

Cons

Too many free lunches. You will get fat if all you do is sit down, eat for free, and do your work. There are some things that come from the top down that can get in the way of things, but the metrics and busy work given ultimately lead to better numbers. For example, you have a very busy month, you have to pick between making quotes and orders or hitting your dial metric. A simple slap on the wrist is better than missing your number and going hungry. SMB has a Fraternity/Sorority feel to it but 90% of the people in this role are right out of college and this culture has to be part of the plan. The coffee in the break room is awful, bring your own.

Continue reading
  9. "Good Place to cut your teeth"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Lots of opportunity to grow and branch out in Sales and Tech

Cons

I have no cons right I can think of.

"Do not work here if you have prior sales experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kind of fun atmosphere. Decent if you are just starting out in IT sales.

Cons

Poor pay micromanaged inexperienced mangers Here you are just a number If you have any prior sales experience stay away

Found 73 reviews