SHI International Reviews

Updated 29 Jun 2020

3.6
SHI International President and CEO Thai Lee
Thai Lee
  1. "Good place to work out of college for corporate experiecne"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance Headquarters has a gym and cafeteria Internal staff is mostly younger crowd

Cons

Difficult to "climb the corporate ladder" Pay

"Cubicle kingdom where you make your mark or not"

Former Employee - Inside Account Executive, Small Medium Business in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- team-oriented environment *morning huddles are a perk - lots of training on the intersection of IT and business - clean and comfortable working environment, kitchen and bathrooms - ping pong, foosball, arcade basketball - chances to win cool prizes and trips if you are top in sales or volunteer at teamwork events - you can make a good salary - lots of networking opportunities - chance to meet many kinds of people over the phone/in person and lead phone meetings with them (people who work for IT companies like Cisco, Dell, etc. or IT Directors of law firms/hospitals/small businesses)

Cons

- 9-5 - limited travel opportunities ***With any job you're self-confidence and spirit will need to be true and sturdy... without this, your personal and professional life will be very challenging because this job can be draining. you are inside most of the day and you may not make friends if you do not make an effort or feel comfortable doing so. I took this job because I didn't know what else to do and I learned a lot about business, but I did not thrive because I was not happy inside. Please check in with yourself and take care of yourself. <3 *** Do what excites your spirit.

Continue reading
  3. "Great exposure to business operations and tech industry"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Excellent training program - Great health insurance - really good job for entry level employees

Cons

- when working on a team it's easy to take on more work than your teammates

"Great Opportunity to add real value and progress"

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

Within the ITAM group there are plenty of opportunities for growth and change. You are only limited by your drive (and maybe technology). There is constant change, it is never dull. Yes it is challenging but so is the market space.

Cons

yes there are issues as there are with any organization and I would never believe a review that says everything is perfect.

Continue reading
  5. "Account Executive for 2 years"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very fun environment, a lot of support.

Cons

A lot of communication issues

"No loyalty to employees"

2.0
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clean office space, Opportunity for entry level employees, promote internally, nice people

Cons

Very low base salary with little annual increase, Lots of favoritism, no work life balance (unless you are on the rig hit team), long work days due to a forced lunch break, poor leadership, poor communication company wide, no programs geared toward giving back to the community or allowing workers to volunteer time, no diversity even though CEO prides herself on the diversity initiative

"East Coast Region"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers and benefits , great HR team , training is very detailed

Cons

Management and how hard it is to sell to K12 district

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing opportunity to make your own thriving book of business and build a strong client base.

Cons

Many non skill orienting factors can attribute to success.

"Excellent Start For Sales Career"

Former Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Training program is incredibly thorough -Genuinely supportive managers -Motivated work environment -Free food often

Cons

-Takes about a year to make money

"Huge Waste of Time, Unfortunately. Don't Do It."

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good new-hire training program. The Enablement/Training team is the best part of the company. So much money has been invested in them. - Lots of lunches, happy hours, and parties. If all you want to do is party and make friends, this is the perfect job for you!! - The work is really easy, it just requires patience which most people don't have.

Cons

- Measly base salaries...disgraceful. - False promises, false advertising of this company is done as a whole. New hires are manipulated into believing they will make 6 figures. Seriously, it's sad. - Upper management is comprised of people who are sly and don't actually care about anybody besides themselves. I've witnessed a lot of artificial sincerity in this company. - Unnecessarily stressful environment based on money money money. The director places a quota on the managers, who then pressure sales reps to perform when their sales accounts are actually horrible. This results in a very negative environment with a lot of whispering. - Managers have a culture of alluding to the possibility of firing reps and I watched stress eat away at a lot of my coworkers who weren't hitting their quotas. This is not a good way to treat your employees. - Managers are poorly qualified and poorly trained. There are some great ones but ultimately they don't have any power to improve anything. - People treat this office like a dating pool which is extremely unprofessional and gross. The company encourages dating amongst employees... - Horrible PTO policy for a job that can be done from anywhere. - No diversity besides a few "token" individuals. - They make you feel like this job is extremely important when all you're doing is marking up prices on IT equipment and software. If you care about people and helping others, this job will drown you. All in all - If you have above-average talent, drive, and intelligence, get away from this company. It is a serious waste of time/energy if you are capable of more. This is a great company for subpar individuals who have nowhere else to work but in retail. I regret working here because although it was fun due to the culture of lunches and happy hours, I was ultimately wasting my time while I could have been working myself harder to get someplace better. If you do move on and quit, management will pretend to care about you and be nice. This is all a facade. They will not have your back and will most likely trash talk you when you leave.

SHI International Response

January 27, 2020Executive Vice President

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We do heavily invest in training and enablement to ensure every new hire have the knowledge, tools, & resources to succeed in their new roles. We have also invested in leadership development, focused around elevating competency and leadership abilities in all our front-line leaders. The seller compensation plan is competitive in this industry. It is not centered around base salary but on the unlimited earning potential via uncapped commission structure.

Found 650 reviews