SPX Reviews

Updated 21 Sep 2020

3.4
SPX President & CEO Gene Lowe (no image)
Gene Lowe
  1. "Would recommend"

Current Employee - Welder in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SPX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, 40 hour weeks, optional overtime, paid breaks.

Cons

Attendance is strict, could be hard for most.

HR Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you have had a good experience at SPX, particularly related to our pay and benefits. We value each of our employees and appreciate the feedback that they provide so that we can continue to grow together.

2. "SPX"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SPX full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work environment, work life balance

Cons

Salary, career advancement, opportunities in general

HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback on SPX. It is important to us to provide a work environment that is centered on our core values, and we are glad that you have had a positive experience. We continually review our programs targeting employee development, and thank you for the feedback on this topic. At SPX, we know that our employees are what separates us from our competition, and we thank you for your contribution!

3. "Sr. Engineering Technician"

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Technician in Michigan City, IN

I worked at SPX full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career advancement, Good Benefits, Good working conditions.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about spx enjoyed my time there thoroughly.

HR Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with SPX Corporation. We work diligently to ensure that we provide employees with opportunities for growth and development, good working conditions, as well as competitive benefits.

4. "none"

2.0
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at SPX full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

not very flexible company to work for

HR Manager

Thank you so much for providing your feedback about working for SPX. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and appreciate your feedback on flexibility. It is important for us to know what our employees value, and we seek this input regularly. We use this feedback to help identify focus areas in the future, and we appreciate that you took the time to provide us with this information.

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Noida

I worked at SPX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

The scope of transfer to outside Indian facility is less

HR Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We agree that SPX Corporation is a great company, and what makes it great is each of our employees working together and displaying the SPX values in all that they do.

"Good compensation but poor career opportunities and upper management"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at SPX full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong frontline peer culture in Cooling division. Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

Clueless Charlotte holding company saps profits. Poor leadership and upper management. Vague vision and mission. Will not promote from within.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We work to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package and to encourage our core value of teamwork in each of our locations. SPX recognizes that employees thrive in a culture where they are recognized and see a path for progression and advancement. To this end, SPX designed a talent management framework, RiSE, to help enhance leadership and employee development. Thank you again for your feedback. Understanding concerns helps us as we work to achieve these goals.

7. "Excellent Place to work"

Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at SPX full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, the work, the dedication

Cons

None that I can think of

HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that you have had such a positive experience during your time at SPX. We agree that the dedication of our teams and work that is both interesting and challenging make SPX a great place to work.

"I'd leave if I could"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SPX full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family like culture. Job security.

Cons

No room for advancement. Very little recognition of work performed. Always short staffed and asked to take on more work than humanly able to complete. Extremely high stress work environment.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad that you enjoy many aspects of your career with us, including our culture. Regarding your concerns about advancement, recognition, and workload, it is our goal to make sure we set realistic objectives and also provide employees with opportunities for growth and recognize our employees' many contributions. We appreciate the feedback that you have provided to help us strengthen these areas.

9. "Great organization to work for - Amazing company culture & employees"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SPX full-time for less than a year

Pros

•Flexible schedule •Great benefits with competitive pay •Upper management and leadership who truly care about you & your goals •Advancement opportunities

Cons

None that I can think of.

HR Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We believe in investing in people, and our leaders strive to provide opportunities for our employees to grow and develop. We are glad you have had a positive experience with SPX Corporation!

10. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Major Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at SPX full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SPX continues to grow and work to be come a great company - Division locations work hard to support employees

Cons

Corporate is still in the business to support themselves only - do not share the wealth

HR Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback and suggestions. We strive to embody our core value of Teamwork by working together to understand and support employees. We continue to develop initiatives to engage employees at all levels of our organization, and we appreciate your providing feedback to help us with these goals in mind.

Found 271 reviews