SYKES Reviews

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • It's nice to have a work from home job that offers benefits to it's employees (in 185 reviews)

• Good salary, good benefits with a positive working environment (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant back to back calls from clients (in 15 reviews)

• Poor benefits and upper management (in 22 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and always getting better"

Current Employee - Manager Area Operations in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Area Operations in Lakeland, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for with tons of growth potential.

Cons

Could increase pay rates.

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve the culture as it's improved so much. Keep going!

2. "customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Randallstown, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Randallstown, MD (US)

I worked at SYKES (Less than a year)

Pros

work at home, helpful programs to train and execute occupation, career development

Cons

low pay, high turn around rates, limited benefits

Advice to Management

investigate all incidents as thoroughly as possible before executing any disciplinary actions

3. "work from home Inbound Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Miramichi, NB (Canada)

I worked at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

work from home, good hours, good support when beginning on phones

Cons

not enough training on certain topics too many tests that you never use while working

Advice to Management

Have training that deals more with topic we actually use more positive criticism

"Love the job!"

Current Employee - Sykes Remote Work At Home Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Sykes Remote Work At Home Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upbeat, good coaches and team leads. Lots of team support. Love working from home. Good training program. You can get 40 hrs a week but it is not guaranteed. The pay is ok, considering that you are saving money by working from home. Medical and dental, vision insurance is offered, also 401 k and PTO after a certain length of time. The customers are mostly wonderful to talk to and most issues are easily resolved once you learn how to complete all tasks efficiently.

Cons

You must have good stats to keep your job. If you think this is a stay at home job where you can have a free ride, forget it. Low AHT, good customer surveys are imperative. And, those are not really cons. However, we were told by our trainers that when a job ends we would have a chance to work for another of Sykes clients and not to worry, that there are always available jobs within the company. Not so, as a few hundred people were just let go. I was fortunate enough to have kept my job but my hours have been cut to barely 20 a week. This is due to the clients needs. You are also unable to apply for a job with a different client unless you have been there for 6 months to a year. The pay is around $9 per with raises of 15c after so many hours. They want top notch CSR's for this pay, with no knowledge of when or if you will receive a regular 40 hrs work week. Calls are back to back and if they slow down to a normal rate - say a minute or so between - then they start asking for volunteers to leave early, if not enough people offer then they begin mandatory jump offs.

Advice to Management

More honesty regarding lay offs. We had no notice at all of the lay offs and even though the ones that stayed with this particular client still have a job. Our hours are so low that we can't pay our bills. Be more up front about the future of our jobs. If we work hard for you and our stats are good then be honest with us about when or if the hours will increase. Also, during training there needs to be simulated calls with a chance to do hands on applications instead of just taking notes and listening to calls. However, this is a good company; that could be a great company to work for. Also, offer decent raises for good performance after a time on the job. I really don't have a lot of negative things to say as I really am fortunate to have a job with your company. Would just appreciate more timely information from management concerning the changes taking place.

6. "a little something"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guadalupe, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guadalupe, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at SYKES (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Working Environment, Awesome colleagues. Worry-free. Good pay. Great benefits.

Cons

Padrino System, difficult to go up when you are not "friendly" with the top bosses

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Get them more involved.

7. "Pretty Cool"

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work from home, company provided computer

Cons

some tech problems slow down the day

8. "Wonderdul"

Former Employee - Technical Support
    Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No since of direction for team leads. As long as aht and stars are good you have a job. Otherwise you will be ramped down

Cons

No guarantee of job or hours. You could be ramp down on any given day. No raise or stability in job . pay stucks

Advice to Management

Should pay more money

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Flex Facilitator in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Flex Facilitator in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

Work at home environment is convenient Good Pay for the skill level of the work you are doing Overtime

Cons

Would be better if the pay was better or the hours were more plentiful. That all depends on the individual program you are on.

Advice to Management

Stick with skilled agents and stop hiring so many new folks to train, pay, work for a couple of weeks and then let go. Its a waste of time and capital.

10. "Extra money"

Former Employee - Fraud Specialist in Fayetteville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Fraud Specialist in Fayetteville, NC (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Flexibility, Pay, Good management, Benefits ,Scheduling, Training is wonderful

Cons

The team leaders are rude, also a lot of ramp downs so the job is not promising. This should not be your sole income!

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees, tell them the job is not promising so they can have other opportunities or a part time job lined up

11. "Summary"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Barranquilla, Atlántico (Colombia)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Barranquilla, Atlántico (Colombia)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company, young people, Cisco oportunities

Cons

Salary, communication with management, long term professional growth

Advice to Management

Take a look at the Salary rates in Colombia

RSS Feed </> Embed