Salesforce Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Marc Benioff and Keith Block
  1. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Inspiring CEO and leaders. World’s leading organisation that continuously drives innovation, equality and corporate philatrophy. Smart, driven people. Great company values. Great Training and Development opportunities with dedicated time assigned for employees training during onboarding time.

Cons

Can’t think of anything. If I have to list one, it might be the demanding training but if you love challenges and learning, then it would be a Pro!

Advice to Management

We love being part of this amazing organising! Keep inspiring us everyday!

Salesforce2018-06-28
  2. "Great company culture and benefits. Interesting work."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well respected brand. Attracts great talent. 1-1-1 model is more than just lip service. Interesting and challenging work. Benefits are some of the best I’ve ever received as an employee.

Cons

Pains and politics from growing fast. Flat management structure makes it challenging to understand career path in the company. Products and platforms and their nomenclature are constantly changing which can be a challenge to keep up and stay aligned and then communicate effectively to the customer sometimes.

Advice to Management

Make sure that we don’t lose too much of the secret sauce in the growth to being a $20b company.

Salesforce2017-11-29
  3. "Renewals Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Renewals Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- competitive compensation - smart co-workers - great perks

Cons

- can be difficult to move roles internally

Salesforce2017-10-11

"Market leaders in innovation"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Sydney

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong leadership (Marc Benioff). There never any doubt who is running the company and what the company's vision, goals, strategy etc are. Exciting, ever changing work environment.

Cons

Salesforce is a very US (San Francisco) centric company. There is limited autonomy to make decisions in the country branches.

Salesforce2015-02-09

"Salesforce takes care of its employees"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great pay - Great benefits - The company cares about people and the world

Cons

- Large Corporations tend to move more slowly

Salesforce2019-10-01

"Fast pace, but varies greatly by team and product"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Fast moving, growing company, strong benefits

Cons

Huge variation in talent and leveling due to fast growth - opportunity for fast growth has now slowed and is determined more on time in role than talent. Managers often are tough - have had little people management training. Marketing plays backseat to sales in the organization.

Salesforce2019-10-08

Salesforce Response

October 11, 2019Rachel Courtney, SVP, Employee Success

Thank you for your review. We've been working hard to increase transparency around promotions and career progression. There is more work to be done, but it is a priority for us. I'd encourage you to take this opportunity to have an open discussion with your manager around this and the other issues you raised, Or, if you do not feel comfortable doing so, you can also reach out to an Employee Success Business Partner to discuss any concerns.

"Want PTSD - Work for Salesforce"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plush office space Snacks Nice view from the upper floors

Cons

Salesforce is the most toxic organization I have ever worked for, and I've worked for a lot of organizations as both an FTE, contractor, and consultant over the past two decades. Trying to pare down what I want to warn others of is difficult. I'll just bullet it out and you can decide what would wear you down, disrupt your sleep, and leave you paranoid, the most. - 1:1s with senior management where the most... hateful things are said about your character, etc., and then afterward, the manager acts as though it never happened. -Pressure to give Salesforce a glowing Glassdoor rating after less than 30 days at the company when you do not know enough to provide an accurate review. - No written reviews, something called a 9 box where management provides their opinion of you and tells you it exists but then says you are never allowed to see it, per H/R. - If you want to apply for an internal position, you must have your manager's permission first. If you tell your manager you want to apply for the role and he/she does not want to lose you, he/she just says, no, you do not have my permission. Game over, you are going no where. - If you are allowed a desk (many have to submit to hoteling and never knowing where they will sit day to day), no personal plants, photos, or non SF toys allowed. They want a uniform look to the desks. -Forced volunteerism, if you do not log your 50 hour minimum of volunteer hours per year, you will be shamed at team meetings. Doesn't matter if you have kids, sick parents, 60 hour work week, whatever, you are expected to make the minimum. -No criticism of Benioff permitted. And don't ever say out loud that you found it disturbing to see a laying on of hands and someone praying over him as though he were a prophet at an internal company meeting. Management will quickly remind you that he is leading the 4th industrial revolution and he is the leading mind of our time. -If you are managing young hourly employees, be prepared to be instructed that you are to tell them they MUST go to team dinners, volunteer events, and SF "fun" activities but this is not work, so they don't get paid. If you push back, you will be reprimanded for "not being Ohana." - Teams are run by popularity. Backstabbing, shaming, and shunning are used to get the teams to stay quiet about how bad things are. People who speak out about behaviors, lack of professionalism, etc. are labeled, "unOhana" and told that they are not acting like family. - When you interview and you take a position, there is ZERO guarantee that the role you interviewed for and were hired for is the role you will be doing. The management opinion is to hire highly qualified people, they will be so grateful to be permitted to work at Salesforce, they will do whatever job we give them. I kid you not, you may have more than a decade of experience, be highly technical, have managed teams, and be hired for a technical role, then be told you are going to do data entry level work and you will be glad you are permitted to be at this company doing that. -If you are uncomfortable participating in some public events, e.g. parades, events, etc., and SF is participating in one, there is incredible pressure to spend your weekend in the parade or event. The expectation is that Salesforce and its needs come first. I cannot stress this enough, you are told that Salesforce is YOUR family and your family comes first. A lack of loyalty to the company will get penalized far more significantly and quicker than complete incompetence, maliciousness, or even harassment. Salesforce demands absolute devotion.

Advice to Management

Hate to break it to you, but you aren't all that. Your technology stack is antiquated, think Oracle lite. You are an employer, you are not and never should be anyone's family. Your employee turn over rates continue to go up, this is not a good sign. The people that remain cannot go anywhere, golden handcuffs, lack of real technical knowledge. As a company you are slow to move, lack agility, and if anyone ever... decides to seriously compete, you are in trouble. Oh, and Benioff is a good businessman, he is not the 2nd coming. The slavish devotion is off putting to anyone with a healthy world view. EVERYONE should be questioned, that is how you learn and grow. Putting him and his views off limits, is not a long term strategy for success.

Salesforce2019-09-09

Salesforce Response

September 13, 2019Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thank you for your review. What you've described is concerning and not at all what we want to see at Salesforce. Please reach out to your Employee Success Business Partner to discuss your concerns so we can learn more. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, please reach out anonymously to our third party provider Ethicspoint at http://www.salesforce.ethicspoint.com/. We would like to address what you raised here as soon as possible.

8. "Amazing role with plenty of future opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, challenging problems, teamwork mentality

Cons

None, Salesforce offers learning opportunities, community involvement, and career support from Day 1.

Advice to Management

None

Salesforce2019-07-31

"So proud to be a part of the Salesforce family"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was working as a contractor at Salesforce for several years and was very impressed with the company culture. They have an incredible sense of inclusion and really value their employees. The work/ life balance is incredible and there is a lot of management encouragement to spend time with the family.

Cons

I can't think of any cons... it's likely the most rewarding company that I've worked with.

Advice to Management

The Core values are amazing and it's so great to work with my team at Salesforce!

Salesforce2019-07-12
  10. "Great culture"

Former Contractor - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced Aligned goals Fair compensation Socially Conscious Excellent benefits

Cons

Sometimes unreasonable expectations Not-invented-here syndrome -- sometimes

Salesforce2019-06-28