Salesforce Employee Reviews about "big company"

Updated 25 Jan 2021

4.5
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff
2,865 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Typical big company problems, can be sometimes lost in the shuffle of things(in 131 reviews)

• "Fast Paced, High Expectations etc(in 127 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "big company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Values driven company, true to the 1-1-1 model, excellent benefits, great culture, opportunities for growth

Cons

Pains and politics from a big company. Challenging to understand career path in the company.

2. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Sydney

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salesforce has by far has been the best career move I have ever made. The brand name is well known, the products innovative, the colleagues are smart and enjoyable to be around and the flexibility and trust is simply amazing. I work with teams from all over the world and I am able to work the hours I need in order to get the job done. No need to watch the clock and ensure that I'm in by 9 every day or even in at the office at all. The benefits are the best I have heard of anywhere. They take great care of you here and I feel that it is a privilege to work here. Being able to give back to local communities and charities is also a bonus.

Cons

It's a big company so sometimes it can be hard to stand out and be recognised amongst peers, particularly when you are not based in HQ.

3. "Visionary business with great benefits"

Former Employee - Director, Channel Sales in Sydney

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salesforce is full of ambitious and talented employees, with a strong culture based on innovation and community/philanthropic engagement. Marc Benioff's transparent leadership style really flows down throughout the entire organisation, there's a lot to be learned in this environment and I have no doubt anyone who spends in time at Salesforce will be thankful for the experience.

Cons

It's a big company, and regional office have a lack of opportunity for career development being primarily sales shops.

Continue reading

"A lot of varying challenges"

4.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture. Everyone is very happy to help with whatever questions arise. The work is complex, which keeps you on your toes and ahead of the game.

Cons

In such a big company getting yourself noticed can be difficult. Also, there is a lot of "process" to follow for little reward apart from what management sees.

"Still a lot of opportunity to learn, connect, and chart your own course, but Big Company culture is encroaching."

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've spent over 8 years with Salesforce in various management and individual contributor roles, all customer or partner facing. Some of the pros: - vibrant, fast paced culture - smart, fun, aggressive colleagues - management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them - by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology - good benefits and perqs - hip urban culture at HQ - a chart-your-own-course mentality that rewards those who aggressively seek out the job they want and pursue it, or sometimes even create it

Cons

After my long tenure and many Dreamforce conferences, I'm nearly fried. To say the culture is fast paced and the focus is always changing is an understatement. The reason Salesforce always seems on top, and chasing the latest trend, and in the press, is because employees are expected to run harder, carry more, cheer loudly, and pivot constantly. It's the world's biggest startup in behavior. But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head. Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly changing priorities, you inevitably get people back stabbing each other and throwing others under the bus to appear smarter and more worthy of promotion. The few at the top will get very, very rich. The rest will lose the sense of personal ownership and start to wonder why they've given up health and family

6. "Amazing Culture"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President Strategic Customer Advisor in London, England, England

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fast growing, innovative company. Full of smart, intelligent, caring people. Really lives the core values of "Trust, Customer Success, Innovation and Equality" in a way that I have never seen in any other company that I have worked for. I love the 1+1+1 philanthropy and way every employee embraces this. From the CEO down people liv the values, publicly express those values and passionately care for the customers success. It is a fun, exciting and vibrant place to work. You get swept along with the raw energy of working here. Senior managers walk the talk and this is learning culture, You work hard and play hard and have a lot of fun on the way. There are not many companies in the world who have a weekly all hands call that thousands tune in to, the CEO and leadership team attend, and nearly always has a major Hollywood, business or musical star as part of the event!

Cons

At 20 years old and growing fast, you can see some growing pains. Lack of "big company" structure sometimes causes internal strife. Talking can overcome this, but it may require some more disciplined approaches in the future.

"Great sales culture!"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salesforce is a company who’s CEO was a salesperson...sales is for sure treated well! They do a great job being a fantasist company overall, there is certainly different opinions based on what team you’re on. I was there for 5 years, had different managers. Most were great, some were still good. Everyone here is smart and cares about what they do!

Cons

It’s becoming a big company. Anything you’d expect from a really large company. Promotion processes have become more rigid. Territories have shrunk a bit. But with this comes more opportunity.

Continue reading
  8. "The most driven people I've ever worked with!"

Current Contractor - Product Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce for less than a year

Pros

Always busy with new projects and truly everyone is willing to help no matter what. Great sense of camaraderie. For diversity/inclusion, Marc Benioff is one of the only CEOs (in my opinion) that truly walks the walk and talks the talk. You see a lot of women in leadership positions and people of color in non-diversity roles as well.

Cons

Typical big company problems, can be sometimes lost in the shuffle of things

9. "Solid Big Enterprise Tech Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Development Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Salesforce does right by its employees. The pay and benefits are good. You can do pretty much anything at Salesforce: coast and hide or dig in and contribute. People are smart, helpful, and genuine.

Cons

It's a very big company. At times things are slow, bureaucratic, and inefficient, but that comes with the territory. Internal mobility is possible, but not as easy as it should.

10. "Amazing place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone is amazing and cares to get the job done. The managers care about progression of career. Wonderful work-life balance. Interesting work. Highly recommend.

Cons

Takes a bit of time to learn how to navigate a big company, but the team helps, and can do it!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 131 Reviews