Shopify Customer Service Representative Reviews

Tobias Lütke
  1. "Great employer0"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great mentoring also give assistance if u need it and very encouraging employer

Cons

Very little maybe weekend work

2. "Hard work, fast paced, good perks"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wellington, Wellington

I have been working at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good perks Working remote Helping small businesses

Cons

Stress Hard to move from customer service role to something else in the company Constant changing environment to learn Glorified problem solver

Shopify Response

Social Care

Hey, thanks for leaving a review! It's important to know that when accepting the Support Advisor position, this may be your role for quite some time and that it should not be used as a stepping stone to other roles within the company. When first starting out, we invest a lot of time into training, mentoring and instilling a growth mindset into everyone here. The hands-on experience you will gather in this role over time is so valuable and incredibly beneficial to our merchants in helping them succeed. Solving their problems is an essential part of the role, but if you do feel like you're looking for something more challenging, our escalated teams are always growing. I'm sure you can find the right role for you soon! It's really lovely to see that you put helping small businesses down as a Pro in your review! That is the essence of what we do here: make commerce better for everyone. Thanks again for leaving your review!

"Great company, great opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with good people in a company ran by genuinely good people

Cons

You can't run away from beurocracy

Shopify Response

Social Care

Hey there, thanks for the review! It’s great to hear how much you enjoy working with your team. Through the 2019 Engagement Initiative, we started to address ways in which management can effectively receive employee feedback by holding “Lead Labs”. The main goal here is to help level up and create support networks across Support Leadership. This program has now been formalized and is currently being offered to support leads in an effort to make communication transparent and information easy to find. Your feedback is definitely being heard, so thank you for sharing!

4. "Something"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Shopify for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote work and flexibility was great.

Cons

Long hours for the work you do

"I'm really into stories about cults, but I didn't mean to join one.."

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

-you get a lifestyle spending account

Cons

-if you have a brain that you like to use for critical thinking, you have to keep it on the down low, or they will catch you

Continue reading

"10/10 and only getting better."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative - Guru in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Company Structure, Benefits, Communication and HR, Culture ‘For Days’ Modern style company that looks at more than just what you have gone to school for, but rather what you have and can accomplish.

Cons

Long, but worth-it hiring process.

7. "good"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Shopify full-time

Pros

Working envirmoent is pretty good

Cons

Pay amount is not the best

"Love this place"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Shopify overall is a dream. You get to work remote, your benefits are fantastic and the people are absolutely amazing.

Cons

Things can sometimes be pretty scrappy

9. "Very good company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

I have enjoyed working at shopify.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

"Too good to be true"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (Guru) in Wellington, Wellington
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

- the benefits are pretty good (health insurance and a spending account) - Working from home

Cons

There is a lot of work that needs to be done with this company, and if you are considering working here, you should really do your research to know what you are getting into. This isn’t just any ordinary support role, you are required to support EVERYTHING. This doesn’t seem like an issue, but when you get bombarded with questions that you actually do not have the tools to support and you are still expected to provide excellent support no matter what. Your KPI’s are almost impossible to reach, no matter how hard you try. A day in the life of a Guru consists of back to back phone calls for either part of your shift (8hrs) or half of your shift, where you better not take more than 5mins to finish your notes and send out an email. This is then followed by back to back chats, which just by the way you are expected to do 3 at a time (they don’t mention that in the interview process, this little nugget of information becomes known well into your training). You have an incredibly high workload, with constant interaction where all you do is try your best under the circumstances, all to be told during your QA that you are either a low performer or if you’re lucky average. There will be constant and borderline over the top goal setting, which in all honestly don’t lead to anything. The cherry on top the cake is that you will often get abusive merchants, and be prepared to be told that there is always something you could have done differently, even if they come in being completely rude, it feels like it will always be your fault that they are upset. Oh and support teams are often equally as rude when you require assistance, so be prepared to be the walking mat of the merchants and the company. It is completely and utterly mentally draining, so be prepared.

Found 12 reviews