Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Reviews

Updated 16 Jun 2020

3.7
Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company CEO Bob Pryor (no image)
Bob Pryor
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons that i ever experienced(in 5 reviews)

• "Inconsistent raises across the board have led to frustration of some really great people(in 4 reviews)

1. "Poorly managed transition"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some great people; benefits and salary are good

Cons

Poor coordination and bad transition of acquisition

Continue reading

"Company is sliding downhill"

2.0
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours, quiet office space, variety of clients

Cons

Shady management practices, little room for advancement, no training

Continue reading

3. "Decent History, Fresh Start"

Current Employee - Sales in Victoria, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Sierra offers clients a wide range of services. A lot of the contracts are industry average installations and support, but there are some very interesting AI, Machine Learning, UI projects people can get behind and be proud of. Good people in the Microsoft Practice

Cons

Bought by a Japanese mega-conglomerate in 2019, nobody knows where this new leadership will take them. The internal culture is room temperature oatmeal.

4. "Nice People"

4.0

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Insurance, HSA, Life insurance, 401k

Cons

There are no cons, i found.

5. "Project Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Ottawa, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training, in control of own career

Cons

Too much overhead admin, compliance training is a lot

6. "NTT Data, Noida"

4.0

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time

Pros

Work life balance Great chances of growing internally

Cons

Poor in wage revision 10 hrs shift is too much

7. "Great Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analysis Specialist in Victoria, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Treated like a mature, responsible person who is trusted to get the job done. Great career advancement support, fair compensation, great culture.

Cons

Can't think of any right now

"People should run away from Sierra Systems in 2019"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Calgary, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

I used to think this is the BEST IT company in Canada with all the benefits, mentor program and WFH options.

Cons

Everything changed after the M&A with NTT data. The management team made fake promises to retain people at the beginning. half-year later, I was shocked to witness how they pushed employees out with traps and lies when they cannot get new projects. The old culture is gone and replaced with so much office politics as the management team themselves are not sure how long NTT Data will keep them. Fun Fact: When the RRSP company match drops(used to be 4% match 4%, now employees contribute 6% to match 4%) HR said " This initiative is for employees to better manage the financial profile." What a joke!

October 10, 2019HR Manager

Following our acquisition, we continue to offer comparable benefits and work from home options in addition to the Career Advisor/Career Owner Program. The future is impossible to predict, and we certainly don’t profess to foresee what’s to come. In any event, we always treat our employees with utmost respect and honesty, including at times of uncertainty and where difficult situations/conversations need to take place. Our RRSP employer match did change following our acquisition. That change was communicated in great detail over multiple pieces of communication outlining the differences it may have on employees’ finances and retirement savings plan. We recognize that changes in general have an impact on people as change is always challenging. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

"A "Middle-of-the-Road" Consulting Experience"

Former Employee - Senior PM

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mostly positive and non-competitive work environment, competent staff, stable salary plans for consultants, most contract work is relatively low stress time and materials or temp replacement gigs with various gov agencies and service providers..

Cons

Shoestring budgets for IT and other office services, laughably small salary increases, no performance bonuses or profit sharing plans, weak HR processes, aloof management.

October 10, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our people and environment are two reasons why employees choose Sierra. Based on feedback we received, we have recently undergone a hardware refresh for our consultants. Our HR policies and processes are well documented on our intranet for easy access by all employees at any time. If you are seeking clarity on a specific process, a member of the HR Team would be more than happy to walk through it with you so we highly encourage you to reach out!

"Sierra Systems 2019"

2.0
    Current Employee - IT Consultant/Project Manager in Edmonton, AB

Pros

Good office location with a low key, casual atmosphere

Cons

Few or no opportunities in Alberta

October 10, 2019HR Manager

We do have fully billable consultants based in Alberta. For consultants who aren’t matched to a client project right away, we have some exciting internal R&D projects that may be of interest to you! Reach out to your local technology leader to learn more.

Found 125 reviews