SiteMinder Reviews

3.9
SiteMinder CEO Sankar Narayan
Sankar Narayan
Pros
Cons
  • "Our Sydney office space is currently (Feb 2020) a little cramped but we're moving to amazing new premises soon(in 12 reviews)

• "Career progression paths require improvements(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Game changer..."

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The products and the people here are simply stellar. It is a company that embraces a very collaborative culture and open communication. There is a constant drive to make things better and more efficient whether it be with people, process, product or strategy. No one settles for just OK. Given the products address a very niche problem there is tremendous potential for growth. It may not be a Google or Uber yet, but it is a unicorn of a company in it's own sense. You will learn a lot and you will learn very quickly.

Cons

There is a lot happening and sometimes it is overwhelming. It can be a challenging place to work for those who need a lot of structure or constant direction.

Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your game changing feedback! ;)

2. COVID-19

"Definitely, a place to be, to grow and to learn"

Current Employee - Partner Integration Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for less than a year

Pros

SiteMinder offers Products and puts in place processes that are aligned with present and future technologies. It is a young environment with a lot of initiatives, where employees have flexibility and a great opportunity to share their vision. It is a company that helps to the growth and projection of their employees

Cons

Unfortunately, we have seen that the industry has been badly damaged by the pandemic. However, we look at the future with still the same projection. It is not a con, but really complicated processes and different visions have slowed down the growth of the company in different areas, but it has and it is in progress to solve them and to align the whole company under the new era.

3. COVID-19

"Improved culture, below market salaries"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sydney

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great office setup -Nice culture -Supportive of remote working

Cons

-Salaries are below market for many roles -Competitors are catching up in product offering -Customer base is very affected by COVID-19

Continue reading
  4. "Good software company"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Sydney

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for more than a year

Pros

relaxing and friendly work place

Cons

cannot think of any atm.

Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for your review, great to hear you are enjoying it, we are thrilled to have you on our team!

5. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Sydney

I worked at SiteMinder full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Friday drinks and emphasis on culture

Cons

Lack processes and too many chefs in the kitchen

Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to right a review, we appreciate your feedback. We all love Friday night drinks, it's such a great opportunity to socialise not only with your team, but your wider network of colleagues. I can't wait to be back in the office with our teams again, virtual drinks aren't quite the same :-( We recognise your feedback around process. As a company in high growth, we are very dynamic, and for many SiteMinders, the agility and flexibility is part of the fun! However, it is something that we are improving all the time. Thanks again and best of luck in your new role.

6. "Good, solid place to work"

Former Employee - Product & Engineering in Sydney

I worked at SiteMinder full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, credible leadership team. Collective feeling of being part of a growing company. Nice office location.

Cons

Salaries are middling and it can be difficult to see how to advance your career. Some large infrastructure projects have been going on for ages and limit the amount of truly new work.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear that you feel part of the team and I'm always excited to hear that we have great leaders! We continually benchmark our salaries to ensure that we pay employees a competitive and fair market rate. As an organisation that has gone through significant growth, there has been lots of opportunities for employees to develop either through new projects or promoted posts. However, we recognise that there is room for improvement in developing clearer career paths for employees. You are right, we did have a couple of large infrastructure projects as we made the leap from individual products to platform. This was a big shift, not only providing a much broader and more stable ecosystem for our developers, but a better experience for our customers.

"Typical tech company in Sydney"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Sydney

I worked at SiteMinder full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great for a starter employee Fantastic co-workers Relaxed attire to work - but do it at your own risk. You know the slob dressers won't get anywhere unless they're genius Ping pong table and billiard table at the community area, which are nice but made no difference to me

Cons

So many people at the bottom rung so it's impossible to move up the rank, even though they sell the "massive opportunity for career advancement" spiel during the interview. It's honestly a hoax because most people move sideways and they kept hiring outsiders for top positions. Weak leadership as the management only looked out for themselves. Salary was not great but it's probably on par with the other tech companies in Sydney.

Senior HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience with us entirely. We have recently rolled out career pathways for all customer teams which provides employees with the opportunity to develop new skills and progress within the organisation. We know we have very talented people and teams and experience lots of internal promotions and department moves. We advertise all opportunities internally, however there will always be times we need to hire in specific experience or new talent to ensure we have continuous diversity of thought.

8. "Good company"

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time

Pros

Good company, good culture, good people

Cons

Salary, career progress, company vision

Senior HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback, it’s great to hear you’re enjoying the culture and people you work with - we love it too! We have recently rolled out career pathways for customer teams, we believe this gives team members a clear pathway for progression which includes moving within salary bands too. Our monthly global All Hands is designed to continuously share our vision and goals, please speak with your manager/me if you would like further clarity.

9. "Just getting started."

Current Employee - Creative Director in Sydney

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of team initiatives to keep everyone entertained. Great people to work with, everyone is high energy and dedicated to making better products and services. Relentless innovation and release of new products. Company is growing and there's room for people to grow within the organisation. Great executive level team, all with a clear vision of where the company is going. They've created a really strong foundation for us to build on in the future. The company has been going for nearly 14 years but still has a startup feel and energy. Recent investment and unicorn status makes us feel like we're just getting started.

Cons

Our Sydney office space is currently (Feb 2020) a little cramped but we're moving to amazing new premises soon.

10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Sydney

I worked at SiteMinder full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun, friendly team, great offices in a great location. Their tech is great and solves real issues.

Cons

Career advancement was limited in the Sydney sales office.

Found 196 reviews