Sofology Employee Reviews about "great team"

Updated Jan 28, 2020

Found 9 of over 210 reviews

4.1
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Pay was great and sofas were lovely(in 11 reviews)

• "Great team ethic , and training(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry(in 9 reviews)

• "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great team"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Progressive company

Jan 28, 2020 - Management in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team ethic , and training .

Cons

There are none that effect the customer .

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good company

Nov 7, 2019 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team mentallity, good place to work

Cons

i cant think of any

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fab Company

Jan 19, 2018 - Sales Associate in Warrington, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fab working environment, fun and friendly : ) we have a great team here too so makes working so nice. Ive been here 11years and still enjoy it :)

Cons

I work in Direct Sales so in our department we work on he phones until 11pm which is quite late having a toddler but i suppose i have all day to spend with her as I dont start until 4pm : )

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

So Good I came back.

Jan 19, 2018 - Sales in Golborne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team work, Realistic targets and Bonus structure. Products to be proud of selling. I started off working in store nearly 4 years ago. I left for a short time {3 months} as working every weekend proved to be difficult with small kids at home. I asked to come back after 3 months as I missed working for Sofology and knew I had made a mistake in leaving. I now work in Direct sales in head office and on a part time basis. The hours really suit me and I have 2 weekends off a month now. I have worked in Liverpool store , Chester store and now the Direct sales and every team I have worked with is just that, a proper team. We work together towards targets as opposed to individual commission. I am also proud of the products and ranges we sell and do believe we have the best products in the market. I am also proud of the way we treat our customers and don't try to up sell leathers and power recliners and do care the customer ends up with the right sofa for them.

Cons

Weekend work but its is retail and this has to be expected. Some late nights have to be worked but the rota is done fairly so not too many .

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Aug 18, 2017 - Sofologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful store Great team morale, everyone works together. No commission so you're not fighting for customers or pushing them to buy something that's not right for them. Good reward scheme

Cons

Obviously bonus isn't always hit and you are relying somewhat on others for that, not really a problem with a good team though.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I made the right decision in changing my career

Jul 4, 2017 - Sofologist in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team leadership and team moral. Leadership and peers invest time into coaching and development as bonuses are paid as a team effort so there is no "stealing sales" from each other. We are all accountable for each other's pay so everyone does there best.

Cons

Bonus isn't guaranteed as not individual commission and sofology doesn't do commission at all however you work in a good store with a good team that has the right work ethic and attitude, it works!

Sofology Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the great feedback! It's great to see the vision & culture is being achieved in our stores! It's all about team work! :)

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Regional Manager

Dec 2, 2016 - Regional Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Understand and full-fill great team and customer values.

Cons

None. You do need to be fully committed to a retail environment and the personal time demands associated.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging and Progressive

Oct 25, 2016 - Director in Golborne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team work, minimal politics and minimal red tape to get the job done. Very progressive customer centric culture which is centred on creating fantastic brand experiences. This is driven from the very top.

Cons

The pace is fast and you have to be able to cope well with change. it is accepted that we are learning on a daily basis which can seem reactive to some.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

it was okay

Feb 9, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with creates a family environment, the management try there best but its not akways great. People alwayss work hard

Cons

Bad training, no hr support, lack of benefits and the bonus scheme isnt all that rewarding there are catches. Management is not very good employ people with a lack of knowledged

3 people found this review helpful

Sofology Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, Disappointed to hear that your experience with Sofology was below your expectations. Please feel free to email ben.gledhill@sofology.co.uk in confidence to go through your past and current feedback. Kind Regards Sofology Talent Acquisition Team

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews