Softcat Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 13 Dec 2019

4.2
Softcat CEO Graeme Watt
Graeme Watt
Pros
Cons
  • "Highly competitive role so long hours are required(in 17 reviews)

• "Low basic salary (accompanied by high un capped commission(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely focussed on employee engagement Great people, no prima donnas Fast growing so opportunities to develop and grow

Cons

Non so to speak off. Things move fast and it’s hard work so don’t work here if you want to coast but if you want dynamic and exciting it’s great!

January 17, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it! Great to see that you can see how important we take employee engagement and that people are key to our success and our culture as it's very much the core of our strategy. Thanks and we really hope you continue to enjoy it here! Thanks Rachel Cowell

2. "Review"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England

I worked at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. Great Team Culture. Hard work and results is recognised and rewarded. Opportunity to learn so much about the IT industry,

Cons

Highly competitive role so long hours are required

September 12, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, we appreciate it! We're really glad that you enjoyed your time here, and we're keen that you get as much out of the job as possible, and offer those learning opportunities to understand all the new tech. Good luck with future roles! Thanks Rachel Cowell

3. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Vendor Manager in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really caring company that seem to listen and implement. There is a lot of respect for senior management which is unusual in a sales company seeing as it is hard work but it's what is fully explained at the start.

Cons

Non sales don't have as much incentive and salaries don't seem to match up to other companies to which they don't seem to fussed by.

May 30, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your say! We are really proud of our culture and looking after our employees is massively important to us. We do address salaries as and when we think there needs to be an adjustment though we also hope our rewards/benefits give something extra to ensure the total package remains competitive and attractive. Thanks Rachel Cowell Recruitment Manager

4. "Account Director"

I worked at Softcat full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, always something going on in the office. Lots of reward and freebies for hard work.

Cons

Some more senior team members are rude

February 19, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your time here. We're proud of the culture here at Softcat and want to ensure we reward hard work and continue to recognise employees for their hard work and contribution to Softcat's continued growth story.

5. "You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

The exposure to senior management is amazing. They are not only friendly and approachable but always willing to lend you a helping hand even if they are busy. The support from the team (in my experience) has been priceless. Whenever I've needed help or I've had a question someone has always been there for me. They set their expectations out very clearly and following them simply requires you to put the hard work in. No one got anywhere in life without putting in hard work at the start. Incredibly good social scene and within that they're always trying to include you in everything, no matter how long you've been here. The amazing relationships Softcat has with vendors is evident due to the amount they come in to provide training and fun incentives, which although are hard to get on, provide great motivation to get to the level where you're able to compete for them. But having said that you still get a lot out of the sessions as well as the fun involved in them. On this note of training, Softcat are great at making sure you are constantly improving in your knowledge and it is down to you to develop this, as hard as it sometimes is. There's no denying the job is hard but the rewards both internally and externally are worth it. The company has tremendous drive to improve so naturally employees with that same drive succeed.

Cons

There really aren't a lot. It's a hard job, but if you want an easy job the rewards you gain from the easy job will never match the ones you can get if you work hard at Softcat. I would say a con is that there is a perception for new people to come in earlier than the contracted hours and leave later than the contracted hours. However, I think of football, and the most successful footballers are always the ones who turn up early for training and stay behind after. So if you want to succeed in any job, the same mentality is needed. You get rewarded in public for the work you put in, in private.

February 19, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are really happy that you're seeing the benefits from our first class training we offer and the work we put in to make working at Softcat incentivising and enjoyable.

6. "Best place to work for a reason!"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture, outstanding opportunities and great people. The harder the work, the more you'll get out of it and the benefits are unreal.

Cons

None as of yet - hard work is required but you see results!

September 3, 2018Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for your response and your time writing the review. It's great to see you've had such a good start here at Softcat and that though you appreciate hard work is needed to do well, the benefits do reward you for the time you put in. Thanks again!

7. "The best reseller in the Market"

Former Employee - Account Director in Marlow, England

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked at Softcat for almost 10 year's. I saw the company grow from 1 office/150 employees to now 1200 employees and £800m+ turnover. I cannot describe or to give this company enough justice to how good Softcat is as a place to work. The leadership team have steered this company to numbers and growth figures that compared to competition are frankly outstanding. I worked in sales as an account director and team leader. As a reseller Softcat Employ some of the smartest people in the industry to help you sell and offer value to your customers. No account manager is expected to know everything, Softcat have invested heavily in specilalists to provide that level of expertise in each of the area's Softcat sell into. The training team are very experienced and offer a great start to your career. Once out of training which is 2 weeks you will then be assigned a mentor to help you with everything you could possibly need to succeed. The salary is competitive but if you have that internal drive, this is the place for you. The commission is fantastic and rewarding for hard work. If you want to enjoy fantastic sales incentives, great culture and work for a company that genuinely cares about you then you won'd find many better than Softcat. They win best Uk place to work for a reason. If you are a graduate or want a career in sales, please apply you will not be disappointed.

Cons

The only con I can say is that if you are not self motivated, not hungry and just want to cruise in a sales role then this is not the place for you. A lot of the first 2 year's is hard work trying to build your account base and you need to be focused to do this. If you need a lot of help to get out of bed in the morning, this is not the place for you.

November 29, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it and want to also say congratulations on the time you were at Softcat, we're really glad that you enjoyed it here with us. We completely agree with your point around Sales and ensuring that if you join us in this field, you are hungry and passionate and self-motivated, as you will be expected to drive your own business forward. Since your review, we have seen the business hit the £1bn mark and also grow to surpass 1,400 people so we're really proud of our continued growth. Thanks so much for the time and contribution you gave Softcat and good luck with your future career Thanks Rachel Cowell

8. "Most passionate and customer-focused sales team in the UK"

Current Employee - Director, Enterprise Sales in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Softcat is the most energetic, passionate and customer-focused Sales Team in the UK. Great teamwork and dedication are made to look effortless but I know how much hard work goes into maintaining momentum and focusing on service levels. A lot of home-grown talent and consistent recruitment of energetic graduates supported by experienced Specialists and Senior Leadership Team. great mix.

Cons

There aren't many! It's a great place to work.

April 15, 2020Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, we're really glad you're having a fab time here at Softcat. Thanks Rachel

9. "Great company to work for"

5.0

I have been working at Softcat full-time

Pros

Softcat really are a company who care about their employees, the whole atmosphere of the company is super friendly and welcoming. The way that they look after their staff is amazing with incredible parties and incentives as rewards for hard work.

Cons

Basic salaries are a bit low but the commission package makes up for this

10. "What is not to love!"

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A company that cares and listens Im in charge of my own career development Rewards and recognition for my hard work Great working environment and colleagues that will be friends for life.

Cons

Sometimes there is a sense of entitlement amongst newer people, Because the company gives so much, people want more and more. Maybe talk more about the challenges of a new business, explain how Softcat got so great by talking through the hard times.

Found 19 reviews