SoftwareONE Reviews

Updated 29 Jul 2020

SoftwareONE CEO Dieter Schlosser
Dieter Schlosser
Pros
  • "Work from home facility available which is the inly pro point(in 39 reviews)

• "SoftwareONE has a great culture of team work and collaboration which allows innovation and is appreciated by its clients and partners globally(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "While this is more of a fact than con, know that SWO is not static and evolves(in 14 reviews)

• "There is alot of potential here in GSDC, but somehow management believes in choosen few(in 11 reviews)

"An energetic company going places !"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

A company enriched with high quality people and tremendous capability. A company that is rapidly growing given its recent strategic acquisitions. Approvals are completed within hour not days or weeks. On boarding was not over the top and certainly gives you enough to get you started. Management team heavily focused on growing the business and extremely supportive. Flexible working arrangements & couldn't have asked for a better welcome.

Cons

A nice problem to have - keeping up with the amount of quality acquisitions and getting your head around the new capability.

"Organization that lets you transform customers through technology"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Allows you to showcase your entrepreneurial skills, empower to make strategic decisions on behalf of the company. Have built local/regional/global support systems for personal growth & enablement. The leadership team motivates individuals to try their own way of growing the business and also ensures that right coaching is provided at regular intervals. One should consider joining SoftwareONE to be inspired by companies' 7 core values - Humble, Integrity, Customer Focused, Speed, Discipline, Passion and Employee Satisfaction.

Cons

None worthy enough to mention

Continue reading

"SoftwareONE is an amazing place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In my career SoftwareONE is by far the best company Ive joined by far!! SoftwareONE are fussy about who they hire so you end up working with only the best. The culture is fantastic. Wins are celebrated. It’s a lot of fun. We give each other space and work together like a family. There is no hierarchy, issues are discussed openly, we hold each other accountable. Leadership are down to earth. My director has always supported me, there is no one better to work with, experience matters. There are endless examples where as a team we have achieved great things and helped customers to be successful.

Cons

Nothing, I am empowered to fix things myself.

"Transforming Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Work / Life Balance Great Remuneration & Benefits Growing / Transforming Organisation Great team atmosphere

Cons

As the company is transforming can be a little hard to keep up with all the changes and new capabilities.

5. COVID-19

"Amazing colleagues and great work life balance"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible working hours especially with the option of working from home mostly - Amazing team support so that you can always ask a team member for help - Support for career progress and change of job role internally - Costs for the transport to work, phone and fitness bills can be claimed back to a certain extend - Global resources with expert knowledge in different fields - Support during COVID and no impact on any individual during this time

Cons

- Relatively young in Australia. Hence, certain processes are still work in progress

"Fast growing, flexible and with an exciting future"

Current Employee - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, autonomy, creativity, growing - new faces!, great new working environments, great team work ethic, career growth opportunities

Cons

Fast company growth and the recent acquisitions mean new people to meet, things to learn and services becoming available which can be difficult to keep on top of

7. COVID-19

"Toxic beyond belief - find elsewhere"

Former Employee - Sales in Melbourne

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexibility in working hours, not much more.

Cons

Unfortunately this organisation has more cons than I could write about, from terrible management to lack of direction this place needs a serious change of management from the top down. Management sits on a cloud that can do no wrong, they are blind to their mistakes and nothing is ever due to poor guidance or faults of their own. All mistakes are by the sales team and there is no going back. I would hardly trust these people to run a lemonade stand let alone a global org. Normal growing pains are completely ignored like trying to a reseller business/procurement house in to a fully functioning MSP where we dont have any skills or reputation. pathetic one liners used as an attempt to motivate staff such as, moving the needle and focusing the lens. Easy to see when they have no actual thought or ideas on how to improve the Org and help the growth of sales. Simply telling your staff to "sell more" does not help in the slightest. Inductions/training or lack of is an absolute joke and anyone in management should be ashamed of this effort in training new staff - this has lead to nothing more than a bunch of potatoes sitting at their desks twiddling their thumbs wondering what they should be doing. Yes men and brown nosing is applauded and this is how to move up rather than actually focusing on performance or effort put in overtime. Crazy decisions by management without consulting or at least trying to understand how this will impact staff morale. For example an "independent" was brought in to survey staff to understand and get a feel for company culture and morale which was meant to be %100 confidential. Results were never fully shared with the team just a blanket statement as a whole focusing on the positives that came out of this exercise. Once this was complete this person was then brought in as a company director after the whole organisation opened up to them in confidence.... people are now reporting to a boss who they would have never of shared these feelings or thoughts with. In summary SoftwareOne has serious issues and is nothing but toxic and i would not recommend this for anyone until there is serious changes made.

8. COVID-19

"Toxic - Career Suicide"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Globally transforming....strong board of directors and global direction....intelligent acquisitions....unfortunately execution of objectives at Australian sub level is terrible. Australia cuts and slices global direction to fit own tastes. Wonderful array of sales clichés. Yearly kick offs are a hoot.

Cons

Career suicide. Your days become filled with defending clients from the nefarious will of management team. Comments back from clients include such nuggets as "All your managers care about is making money". "Zero consultative selling". "Please stop them from contacting me". "Are they desperate for business". Uninspiring, micro managing, soul destroying, megalomaniac. Surrounded by a bunch of weak willed 'yes' men and women. Tow the line or face the consequences. Ivory tower destined to fall. EBITDA is constantly chased on a monthly basis - leaves no room for consultative advice. Profit of people. Clients seen as accounts, not humans. Staff seen as disposable. Market perception is awful. Client satisfaction poor at best - management brush over this as growing pains / transformational necessity. Inexcusable. Culturally ruined. Needs a total overhaul.

Continue reading

"Exciting place to work right now"

Current Employee - Director of Sales, Marketing & Partnerships in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, autonomy, leadership, offerings,customer satisfaction

Cons

Acquiring and integrating companies could cause some disruption but also create lots of new opportunities

SoftwareONE Response

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback. I would say our M&A journey has overall been successful in terms of longer term strategy and is improving rapidly - it has been a steep learning curve for us but one of critical importance to our success. The dedicated M&A & PMI teams are continually refining our processes and our culture has shined through ultimately. I love the fact you highlight this last part - if we can do anything more to improve then please let us know. Thanks, John.

"Consider somewhere else"

1.0

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary is good, at market rates. Colleagues are awesome people to work with. CEO is professional and a great leader for the company.

Cons

Management don’t listen to staff. Excessive pressure placed on staff to perform, even though they are doing well. Staff are constantly overworked. Management only interested in the dollars, not the people. EBITDA the most important thing for the company. High turnover and no support for staff to grow and develop. Constant back-stabbing and gossip from management. Which is very sad as they should know better. They get told to do something to fix the situation but it is completely ignored.

SoftwareONE Response

May 18, 2020Chief HR Officer

Mixed feelings reading this feedback. It gives me confidence that you see the values in your colleagues and in the CEO. However of course it's concerning to read the other comments. I hope we have captured your feedback in the employee engagement surveys and that you were provided the chance to give this directly in your time here. If you every have the chance and would be open to it, I'd love to hear from your personally. In any case, I wish you every success in your new path and thank you for investing part of your career with us. John.

Found 403 reviews