SoftwareONE Reviews

Updated 12 Jan 2021

4.3
SoftwareONE CEO Dieter Schlosser
Dieter Schlosser
Pros
  • "Work from home facility available which is the inly pro point(in 40 reviews)

• "Amazing work environment with great culture(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "While this is more of a fact than con, know that SWO is not static and evolves(in 14 reviews)

• "work life balance needs to be watched(in 13 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"SoftwareONE is an amazing place to work!!!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*disclaimer – written at my own volition!* In my professional career SoftwareONE is the best company Ive joined by far!! SoftwareONE are fussy about who they employ so you end up working with the best. The culture is fantastic. Wins are celebrated. We give each other space and respect and work together like a family. We operate without hierarchy, issues are discussed openly, we hold each other accountable. I have always found if I have needed support from my director it has always been there. From a sales perspective there really is no one better to learn from, experience matters. As a team we have achieved great things and it is rewarding help our customers to be successful.

Cons

Nothing that I am not empowered to fix myself.

November 1, 2020Chief HR Officer

Awesome! I love this! Please keep helping us to improve and replicate this experience and feeling! Thank you again!

"This company force staff into posting positive reviews on here. Its a hoax so be aware"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than a year

Pros

The M.D is a nice enough guy.

Cons

All of the Managers Particularly the Sales Managers will treat you like they are supremely better than you are. Give you no help but insist you deliver the world. The other sales team members hate management so much they will leave you to fend for yourself just to prove a point.

November 1, 2020Chief HR Officer

Hi Thanks for taking the time to provide your comments. I appreciate that feedback is in itself a subjective view of any situation however, having said that, our local leadership teams provide a very transparent and open platform for that feedback internally, and work very hard to address and respond to questions, concerns and criticism. They do an excellent job of listening to direct comments as well as reviewing and responding to the other feedback loops we have (our engagement survey for example). Our local teams (from the ground up) also provide accessible and safe forums where negative or constructive comments are proactively addressed as well as giving totally 'open' paths to raise any feedback with the executive team if necessary. Of course people are free to provide both positive and critical reviews in open forums such as this one but our goal is to be aware and address anything before that stage - in general this is achieved very well by the in country teams. There are never any forced reviews, you can see it in the variety of comments we receive. Equally while all feedback is valuable, we will also directly address comments that are simply not the case. What you describe above is sadly not in line with the culture of the group nor is it what we believe is the reality of any of our country organisations. We are not perfect and we will always need to improve - we all have a responsibility here and will continue to empower the local teams to do a great job and move the needle as you describe. If you would like to discuss any of your views and feedback constructively, openly and confidentially, please feel free to reach out to your MD, me or any of the group leadership team so we can work together to address any issues. Thanks again, John.

"Organization that lets you transform customers through technology"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Allows you to showcase your entrepreneurial skills, empower to make strategic decisions on behalf of the company. Have built local/regional/global support systems for personal growth & enablement. The leadership team motivates individuals to try their own way of growing the business and also ensures that right coaching is provided at regular intervals. One should consider joining SoftwareONE to be inspired by companies' 7 core values - Humble, Integrity, Customer Focused, Speed, Discipline, Passion and Employee Satisfaction.

Cons

None worthy enough to mention

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to find the right balance between entrepreneurial spirit and scaling a global company with structure - feedback like this helps guide us! thank you again. John.

"An energetic company going places !"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

A company enriched with high quality people and tremendous capability. A company that is rapidly growing given its recent strategic acquisitions. Approvals are completed within hour not days or weeks. On boarding was not over the top and certainly gives you enough to get you started. Management team heavily focused on growing the business and extremely supportive. Flexible working arrangements & couldn't have asked for a better welcome.

Cons

A nice problem to have - keeping up with the amount of quality acquisitions and getting your head around the new capability.

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

This is great to read and I am happy that you feel this way. However, if we can improve at all please let us know!

5. COVID-19

"Amazing colleagues and great work life balance"

Current Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible working hours especially with the option of working from home mostly - Amazing team support so that you can always ask a team member for help - Support for career progress and change of job role internally - Costs for the transport to work, phone and fitness bills can be claimed back to a certain extend - Global resources with expert knowledge in different fields - Support during COVID and no impact on any individual during this time

Cons

- Relatively young in Australia. Hence, certain processes are still work in progress

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback and great to see our culture in action. Having said that, I always believe that we will be work in progress - we always have room to improve! Best regards, John.

"Transforming Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Work / Life Balance Great Remuneration & Benefits Growing / Transforming Organisation Great team atmosphere

Cons

As the company is transforming can be a little hard to keep up with all the changes and new capabilities.

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback. Change is not easy - especially as we are all learning to navigate the rapid evolution of technology. Our culture will remain the rock that allows us to be successful - I appreciate and am grateful for your passion! Best regards, John.

"Fast growing, flexible and with an exciting future"

Current Employee - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, autonomy, creativity, growing - new faces!, great new working environments, great team work ethic, career growth opportunities

Cons

Fast company growth and the recent acquisitions mean new people to meet, things to learn and services becoming available which can be difficult to keep on top of

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback. With the Townhalls, new Hub information sites and the newsletters (videos) from Dieter and I - we are doing our best to improve comms. Great to see that the environment is a happy place for you.

8. COVID-19

"Toxic beyond belief - find elsewhere"

Former Employee - Sales in Melbourne

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexibility in working hours, not much more.

Cons

Unfortunately this organisation has more cons than I could write about, from terrible management to lack of direction this place needs a serious change of management from the top down. Management sits on a cloud that can do no wrong, they are blind to their mistakes and nothing is ever due to poor guidance or faults of their own. All mistakes are by the sales team and there is no going back. I would hardly trust these people to run a lemonade stand let alone a global org. Normal growing pains are completely ignored like trying to a reseller business/procurement house in to a fully functioning MSP where we dont have any skills or reputation. pathetic one liners used as an attempt to motivate staff such as, moving the needle and focusing the lens. Easy to see when they have no actual thought or ideas on how to improve the Org and help the growth of sales. Simply telling your staff to "sell more" does not help in the slightest. Inductions/training or lack of is an absolute joke and anyone in management should be ashamed of this effort in training new staff - this has lead to nothing more than a bunch of potatoes sitting at their desks twiddling their thumbs wondering what they should be doing. Yes men and brown nosing is applauded and this is how to move up rather than actually focusing on performance or effort put in overtime. Crazy decisions by management without consulting or at least trying to understand how this will impact staff morale. For example an "independent" was brought in to survey staff to understand and get a feel for company culture and morale which was meant to be %100 confidential. Results were never fully shared with the team just a blanket statement as a whole focusing on the positives that came out of this exercise. Once this was complete this person was then brought in as a company director after the whole organisation opened up to them in confidence.... people are now reporting to a boss who they would have never of shared these feelings or thoughts with. In summary SoftwareOne has serious issues and is nothing but toxic and i would not recommend this for anyone until there is serious changes made.

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

I am sorry that this was your experience - not what we want to achieve at all. Of course there are always 2 sides to a story however, if you are ever open to this and would be able to, I would love to talk to you in confidence about your personal view. Regardless I wish you every success in your future career. Best regards, John.

9. COVID-19

"Toxic - Career Suicide"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Globally transforming....strong board of directors and global direction....intelligent acquisitions....unfortunately execution of objectives at Australian sub level is terrible. Australia cuts and slices global direction to fit own tastes. Wonderful array of sales clichés. Yearly kick offs are a hoot.

Cons

Career suicide. Your days become filled with defending clients from the nefarious will of management team. Comments back from clients include such nuggets as "All your managers care about is making money". "Zero consultative selling". "Please stop them from contacting me". "Are they desperate for business". Uninspiring, micro managing, soul destroying, megalomaniac. Surrounded by a bunch of weak willed 'yes' men and women. Tow the line or face the consequences. Ivory tower destined to fall. EBITDA is constantly chased on a monthly basis - leaves no room for consultative advice. Profit of people. Clients seen as accounts, not humans. Staff seen as disposable. Market perception is awful. Client satisfaction poor at best - management brush over this as growing pains / transformational necessity. Inexcusable. Culturally ruined. Needs a total overhaul.

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

Hey - thank you for the feedback, this is gift no matter how hard or disappointing to read. I know that Raphi is working on the overall APAC organisation but if you are open to it, we would like to hear from you directly and talk through the issues in confidence. Thanks, John.

"Exciting place to work right now"

Current Employee - Director of Sales, Marketing & Partnerships in Sydney

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, autonomy, leadership, offerings,customer satisfaction

Cons

Acquiring and integrating companies could cause some disruption but also create lots of new opportunities

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback. I would say our M&A journey has overall been successful in terms of longer term strategy and is improving rapidly - it has been a steep learning curve for us but one of critical importance to our success. The dedicated M&A & PMI teams are continually refining our processes and our culture has shined through ultimately. I love the fact you highlight this last part - if we can do anything more to improve then please let us know. Thanks, John.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 464 English Reviews