Sport&Health Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2021

Found 159 of over 161 reviews

2.8
Sport&Health Co-CEOs Kirk and John Galiani  (no image)
Kirk and John Galiani
Pros
  • "The free gym membership is the best job perk(in 41 reviews)

• "We get free gym membership, though who would still want to be there if you're already spending most of your time in the gym(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, low pay and poor management(in 10 reviews)

• "Long hours, Unrealistic expectations(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's okay

Sep 9, 2021 - Front Desk Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

free gym membership some nice members

Cons

not enough pay management doesn't even seem like they want to be there

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking your time to provide your input. I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations with compensation and management. If you may please provide additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve, email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. Thank you and all the best!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Sport and Health Lifeguard

Aug 6, 2021 - Pool Lifeguard in McLean, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, typically looking for lifeguards in the summer, easy application and onboarding process.

Cons

It is an entry level job, you have to be on contestant alert for the safety of the patrons.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. We’re so happy you’re enjoying your experience with us. We appreciate your dedication to keeping our members safe in our facilities. If you have additional feedback that will help us improve, please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. Thank you for your employment with Sport&Health. All the best!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't bother

Sep 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get use of all the gyms

Cons

Poor management, particularly HR could not be trusted.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations. If you may please provide any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve, email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. Thank you - all the best!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Standard Fitness Membership Sales Job

Jul 8, 2021 - Membership Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really Nice Facilities & Programs at their locations The fitness staff(trainers, front desk, etc) and people working outside of sales/corporate do a really nice job and take good care of members.

Cons

Minimal advancement opportunity Poor corporate management

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I'm glad you enjoyed our facilities and programs, as well as your colleagues. I'm sorry the career mobility didn't meet your expectations we are working on providing more advancement; I will share your feedback with our leadership team. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Worse than working for Amazon

Jun 16, 2021 - Sales in Woodbridge, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

None, except maybe the free club wide membership.

Cons

Too many to address here

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the position is not meeting your expectations! I will share your feedback with our leadership team. If you may please provide any additional feedback or information that will help us improve your experience, please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

6. 4.0

Fine Company

May 24, 2021 - Lifeguard
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not a lot of work

Cons

Low pay and boring on the job

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide input! I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations in regards to the work load and compensation. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

No decent benefits and pay

Apr 30, 2021 - SPA Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's not much qualifications needed for this job, easy apply and hire.

Cons

The job is demanding physically and of your time. It requires you to perform a lot of different tasks and you don't notice it's already past your break time. You can take a decent break, and no decent benefits and pay either.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input! I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations in regards to the work load; we will pass on this information to the leadership team. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good side job

Mar 24, 2021 - Front Desk Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours; fun environment; great benefits

Cons

not much work to do

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input! I'm glad you liked the flexibility, environment, and the benefits. I'm sorry the work load did not meet your expectations. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

9. 4.0

Awesome

Mar 22, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company room for growth

Cons

Hard to reach upper management

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your input! We’re so happy you enjoyed your time and experience with us. If you have additional feedback that will help us improve, please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. Thank you for your employment with Sport & Health. All the best!

10. 2.0

Low Pay and Minimal Appreciation

Mar 16, 2021 - Personal Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The clients were very motivated.

Cons

Two primary reasons I disliked this workplace were low pay and minimal appreciation. The pay is low as compared to the work expected. Also, the management didn't appreciate employees efforts.

Sport&Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I'm sorry the position did not meet your expectations, in regards to pay and the work appreciation. If you have any additional feedback or more details regarding your experience that will help us improve please email us at hr@usfitnessgroup.com. All the best!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 159 Reviews