St.George Bank Customer Service Advisor Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2021

Found 13 of over 119 reviews

3.4
St.George Bank General Manager Ross Miller and Cathy Yuncken (no image)
Ross Miller and Cathy Yuncken
  1. 5.0

customer advisor

May 8, 2021 - Customer Advisor in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible , jpb is not too hard

Cons

stressful, sales target , need to call customer

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

not too bad

Jun 15, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

team members dep on branch bonus and pay benefits

Cons

very focused on KPIs stressful environment

3. 4.0

Overall good experience

May 15, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- good training - friendly colleagues

Cons

-need patience for customer service

4. 2.0

Please don't work here

Apr 14, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good online modules training and recruitment process (from before first day to end of first week) - I got along very well with my team and they were supportive with my learning throughout my time at STG. - Uniforms provided - No public holiday or weekend work. Branch opening (9:30) and closure time (4pm) was convenient. - I worked across multiple different branches across my region and it seems some people were lucky with a great branch manager.

Cons

The only reason I don't give STG a 1 star rating was because most employees I came across working in branches were great and made working at this company bearable. While all the pros mentioned above made things easier, it was all far outweighed by the cons. - While modules were useful and recruitment was good, there was no structure in regards to training on the floor, resources and support. I know as I was leaving my region was looking to change onboarding and training operations so I won't go too far into it. However I will say my manager just said we didn't have the resources to do things compliantly/with support so I should just bring customers in and blindly quote home and car quotes without any training. - While from the outside it looks like bankers have great work/life balance, there is absolutely no flexibility within the business. E.g. for sick/carers leave you have to provide a doctors certificate everyday you are unwell after your 2nd day off in an ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR. This may be easy for some but working in a regional area it isn't easy to get into a doctor within a few hours. For annual leave you have 2 opportunities a year to file for annual leave. These blocks are scheduled like you're putting in annual leave in November 2020 for March 2020-August 2021 and only one employee from a branch at a time. This just doesn't work for me and doesn't for a lot of your employees. My manager wouldn't allow me to take any annual leave for my first 12 months (not an actual clause in my contract, she just didnt allow me) and how the annual leave schedule would work I wasn't able to take annual leave till 18 months into the role. My manager would also call up our employees and try to cancel their annual leave days when we were short staffed. I find this to be unacceptable. - It seems as though from my experience at other branches I was incredibly unlucky with the manager that I received. I left this role with severe anxiety, and had to have therapy from how this manager treated me and their staff. I heard from other branches from employees that worked under this manager in the past that they also had bad mental health spouts with this manager. Just a few examples I can think of off the top of my head: this manager told me I wasn't allowed to get pregnant or be off contraception till 2022, told me that I should put my child in the foster care system because they thought my child would start impacting my sales, was told when I took a sick day (I took 2 days within a 9 month period) that I was severely impacting the business , had no regard for the business and that we were short staffed and that I needed to come in no matter how sick i was. - I've been in sales environments in the past (roles that were over 60% commission) yet this was another level. The sales were pushed on us to the point where I found it to be unethical. I couldn't push another h&c insurance and home loan onto an 85 year old regular customer. We were told so many times that it doesn't matter if it was an actual requirement or not that we HAD to quote this, we HAD to have the customer take this out and were told "just tell the customer they have no other option" on numerous occasions. Sounds very similar to the ANZ class action that's happening right now.

Continue reading
  5. 3.0

Branch based

Nov 6, 2020 - Customer Service Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

In branch had the opportunity to meet lots of customers and also allows for good work life balance

Cons

A lot of focus on achieving targets

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sales focused

Oct 25, 2020 - Customer Service Advisor in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues, flexible work, lovely customers

Cons

Sales focused, uncertainty of branch closures

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good experience

Sep 1, 2020 - Customer Service Advisor in Five Dock, New South Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team Good programs for development

Cons

Communication not efficient Outdated systems used

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits and potential for advancement

Jun 29, 2020 - Customer Service Advisor in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good longer term career prospects

Cons

Outdated tech, very 'red tape' processes

9. 3.0

Teller, Admin, Sales

Jul 9, 2019 - Customer Service Advisor in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues in my branch were great, liberal with snacks in pantry

Cons

Strict 30 minute lunches, no tea breaks, Manager was unfriendly, other branches especially between full time sales staff were cut throat and competitive, would stand at the front for hours with no relief or place to sit. Once had my break at 3.30 pm after a 9 am start (shift ends at 4), nearly passed out.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

Customer Service Advisor

Jun 28, 2019 - Customer Service Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary, products benefits, multitask learning environment

Cons

Not many opportunities for career development in this position for graduates (go and apply for graduate program instead), always short staffed and outdated legacy system, very basic job skills required.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews