St Vincent's Hospital Sydney Reviews

Anthony Schembri
  1. "Ward Clerk"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Darlinghurst

I have been working at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic staff to work with

Cons

Sometimes overstaffed and you have to take a day off work whether you have leave or not

2. "St Vincent's Hospital Sydney"

Former Contractor - Aboriginal Health Worker in Sydney

I worked at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney for more than a year

Pros

Parking Great food nearby in Darlinghurst.

Cons

This is not a Culturally safe place for Aboriginal People to work! the organisation promises support and development for Aboriginal staff, but this is just false promises just to tick a box and that's all Aboriginal staff are with St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, we are just a box to be ticked! When we start to effect the budget or if we have a personality conflict with a senior staff member you are cast aside like broken glass. St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney is a ''Jobs for the boys'' organisation where only personal friends of senior staff are promoted within, even if there is no experience. If you are an Aboriginal person who is applying to work with St Vincent's Hospital Sydney prepare to 'play the game' with senior staff who are self-promoters. The CEO of St Vincent's Hospital Sydney speaks highly of Aboriginal Staff and career development which in turn works against us due to Directors, deputy directors and management not agreeing with his option and will work behind the scenes to have Aboriginal Staff removed from the organisation who are not puppets even if they are doing the job that they are paid to do. The HRBP department are there for support, but only support for senior staff so they don’t end up with an unlawful dismissal case on their desk. There are issues with Aboriginal Health Workers being included in patient care even when patients ask for an Aboriginal Health Worker, which effects the patients experience with St Vincent's Hospital Sydney. This issue can also effect an AHW's performance and nothing gets done when you bring this up with management they just seem not to care and will not work with you in resolving the issue which for an Aboriginal person in an Aboriginal Health Worker role puts them on their own with no support.

Continue reading

"St Vincent's Hospital Sydney Review"

I worked at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney full-time

Pros

Nothing at all. You only stay and suffer for experience then leave.

Cons

The organisation is very power driven with management having all the power to make any decisions whatsoever and if you are just a front line staff, forget it because your opinions do not matter. You get treated like crap, it is honestly hell on earth. Managers and upper management do not support, guide and empower you, they only say they do those things to make themselves look better and leave you in the dark to fend for yourself. I honestly have never written a review about a company before but I promise that anyone wanting to look for employment at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, can find better employment elsewhere. All managers are toxic and power driven and I can even say the same for the CEO. I cannot stress how toxic this place is, as all managers want power and the ability to make decisions and feel powerful. If I could name names, I would as these people deserve the worst karma. They get paid triple times as much as a front line staff and think they can treat the front line stuff so horribly, I just don't understand. Please go and find employment elsewhere, there are a million other organisations who will value your skills and experience. I will never refer anyone I know to work here.

4. "Work pros n cons"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney full-time

Pros

Good learning experience for staff.

Cons

Can get very busy at times

"Disgusting Treatment of Employees and Toxic Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Hospital Administrative Officer in Darlinghurst

I worked at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close knit pockets of engaged employees do exist however be very wary of the Executive office and it's most senior EA reporting to the CEO. Good as a stepping stone to other health roles.

Cons

An individual in the Executive Office that reports directly to the CEO is a unprofessional person who has no morals or ethics whatsoever with regard to the way people are treated. Underhanded tactics playing games with employees and their welfare take up more of their day to day activity than the actual job itself. The toxic atmosphere this person creates is unbelievable. Hard to believe this person supports someone so important to the hospital yet has no communication skills. Do not trust this small person if you still work within the organisation in any way shape or form. Totally incapable of carrying out her own duties without impacting others around her. Does not live ANY of the St Vincents values and is a disgrace.

"Frontline Teams Fantastic"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Darlinghurst

I worked at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Committed frontline staff, city location, variety of clinical care areas, leading technology, supportive smaller teams within the larger environment and community of staff who are dedicated to provision of person centred care.

Cons

Reactive, dis-engaged organisational leadership team who implement aggression and intimidation to mid management with career development opportunities based upon selection of those who follow the status quo rather than competency and skill. Question leadership or communicate out of "line of delegation" and you will quickly be assisted out of the organisation. Ongoing issues of budget performance and pressure for frontline staff to cut costs whilst upper leadership remain immune from such requirements.

7. "Patient services"

Former Employee - Patient Liaison Officer in Darlinghurst

I worked at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team good morale friendly office

Cons

Weekend work but team work together to suit all members

8. "Supervisor in billing/revenue"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work balance. tax free salary package

Cons

salary level is lower than market

Continue reading
  9. "Registered Nurse review"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sydney

I worked at St Vincent's Hospital Sydney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well funded public hospital Diverse range of patients High quality care standards Salary packaging available

Cons

Lack of supportive education and professional development opportunities

10. "Happy"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Darlinghurst
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Real community feel between staff, Celebration days, free lunches on special occasions very interesting cases that present to ED, interesting place to work as a nurse. great reputation.

Cons

Poor funding like any other public hospital, carpark is privately owned and extortionate prices. Promotion based on length of tenure rather than individual skill and merit.

Found 15 reviews