State Street Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 18 Jul 2020

3.5
State Street President and CEO Ronald O’Hanley
Ronald O’Hanley
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Good Benefits, Low work pressure(in 259 reviews)

• "Great culture and the work environment really depends on the team you work with(in 220 reviews)

Cons
  • "Operations staff has to work really long hours(in 232 reviews)

• "low salary comparing other companies(in 111 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "What can I say..."

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Sydney

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good work life balance Diversified culture

Cons

Salary is below market rate Typical American company with ‘political’ work environment

2. "exciting for the first few months only"

Fund Accountant, Associate I in Sydney

I worked at State Street

Pros

work environment was not too competitive. employees get along with each other pretty well. the job was not too hard. quite a good start for fresh graduates. for master's students, it was way too low to start in here.

Cons

the system used is solely for state street, unlike jp morgan or anz who use the same system. knowledge gained from state street (system wise) are not transferable. promotion opportunities are limited.

3. "Very Good Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility at work place - very good working environment- Good work-life balance

Cons

No cons as per now.

August 10, 2020Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very glad to know that you find the work environment to be amenable and are able to balance work and personal life here. There is no doubt that we are going through difficult times. Amidst all the challenges, finding small notes of positivity, having more time to spend with family — any silver lining you find becomes essential during these tough times. We believe that our people are one of the most important value drivers for our organization in a COVID-19 world. Thank you once again for your insight. Hamsini, Assistant Vice President.

4. "My team was very welcoming and helped me every step of the way"

5.0
    Former Intern - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and the work environment really depends on the team you work with.

Cons

The company is too big and sometimes it may be easy to get lost

July 27, 2020Brand Manager

Thank you for your comment. Our experiences are similar. Despite the size of the company and multiple departments, I also felt that my team was welcoming from the first day. My manager setup introductory meetings with all team members to quickly integrate me during the first week of my rotation. All team members were welcoming and encouraging, which allowed me to feel comfortable during training and asking questions. Throughout my rotation, my manager has helped to provide many projects and opportunities to challenge and enhance my skillset, with the help of my teammates to further learn from and develop. This is the kind of experience our organization is striving to give to all new joiners. There are multiple best practices to help everyone feel included and valued. Lidia, Senior Associate, Global Delivery

5. "10 years at State Street"

Former Employee - Data Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A solid, flexible working environment with more than adequate managerial and technical support.

Cons

Limited cloud presence, closed garden relying on .net technologies.

June 8, 2020Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to providing flexible working opportunities to our colleagues. Throughout my career at State Street, I have had success collaborating with my managers and agreeing on a work arrangement that supports an effective work-life balance for me. The organization continues to enhance end users’ digital experience, productivity and collaboration. We are always looking for better ways to grow and are open to suggestions. – Luis, Assistant Vice President

6. "Experience"

Former Intern - Pricing Analyst in Kraków

I worked at State Street

Pros

Excellent working environment and readiness to help

Cons

Asides the low salary, it's a good place to work at.

7. "Good place to work!"

Former Employee - Applications Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Good benefits 2) WFH 3) Great working environment

Cons

1) long working hours at times 2)weekend support

8. "Good working environment"

Former Intern - Intern in Gdańsk

I worked at State Street for less than a year

Pros

Colleagues are friendly, good working environment

Cons

Sometimes too much work, I didn't have time for a snack

9. COVID-19

"Garbage company not worth your effort"

1.0
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Time off is about all the company brings to the table.

Cons

Having left State Street in February just before COVID-19 I could see the turn the company had taken and was fortunate to get out before shutdowns kicked in. State Street is completely committed to eliminating manual labor in the states and paying a fraction of a salary here to employees in India. You are worthless in the company's eyes if you're below a VP. Raises and promotions were non-existent my last three years there. Work continues to pile up on people left behind while simultaneously not giving anything back to the employees for doing so. Officers and AVPs overseeing teams act as talking pieces for upper management and aren't going to go to bat for you. Layoffs have been rampant and the company deliberately shapes the work environment to encourage resignations so they can avoid paying severance packages. Absolutely not a place you want to be starting at new right now. Would avoid at all costs.

10. "quick take"

2.0
    Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are a lot of good people here in the "trenches".

Cons

Work environment, consistent awareness that each month employees would be losing their jobs to the restructuring of positions to offshore locations. Additionally, over the last few years there have been some mis-steps, that have made the headlines. These have been costly to the bank in monetary terms that has also impacted current employees and some who were in the "trenches" and wrongfully scape-goated.

Found 152 reviews