State Street "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

State Street Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 16 Sep 2019

Found 4121 reviews

3.1
State Street CEO Ronald O’Hanley
Ronald O’Hanley
Pros
Cons
  • "Could be in for long hours sometimes(in 203 reviews)

• "Lack of work life balance when working in Fund Accounting divisions(in 132 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"State Street in Sydney"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible work arrangement options like work from home, job sharing, compressed work week are available to staff, depending on the work nature.

Cons

A lot of operations work has moved to offshore locations like India and China, Lower pay compared to the market, senior management politics.

Advice to Management

Please reward high performing staff who are loyal to the company and give them a salary adjustment to meet the market salary level.

State Street2017-01-10

"Good people, Under-resourced"

Current Employee - Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Although poor hours they are flexible with when you come and go - Not micro managed - Work from home option - Good people

Cons

- Many operational roles off-shored, dealing with the consequences of this onshore provides constant headaches - Under resourced, many employees work ridiculous hours with no reward for doing so - Staff turnover high so no consistency - Old systems - Implementing change is like trying to turn around an oil tanker

Advice to Management

Remove the offshore model, it doesn't work and doesn't save money in the long run. Increase head count, if employees are continuously working 12 hour days there is a fundamental issue.

State Street2015-06-24
  3. "Cares about employee development"

in Sydney

I have been working at State Street

Pros

State Street as a company encourages growth and development. While working for State Street (in relatviely junior roles) they have taken me from working in London, to the headquarters in Boston and now to Sydney (my original home). I now have a regional role in a field completely different from what I started my career in and this is all down to the development opportunities I have been offered. My manager is... supportive in terms of flexibile work arrangements and I currently have the option to vary my start and finish times, work from home and compress my work week when neccessary.

Cons

As it is a global company, and as I work on global initiatives, there can be days with long hours, especially when dealing with global conference calls. Unfortunately the Asia time zone always seems to come out worst! Mindsets can be very Boston-centric at times with many initiatives having a strong US bias. Turnover can be a bit of a struggle in Asia, having a knock on effect - the worse it gets, the harder it... is for other staff members to keep on top of things, leading to more turnover. That said, it does create opportunities for others who want to move upwards.

Advice to Management

Spend more time being visual to employees. Let them see you walking the floor every now and then.

State Street2008-07-03
  4. "Good atmosphere, poor job progression"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work from home flexibility

Cons

Poor job mobility and poor work life balance

Advice to Management

Communicate better with staff

State Street2019-06-24

"Some Good Some Bad"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home capabilities. Good "foot in the door" to the professional world out of school.

Cons

My manger is great, many other managers seem to be less so. Pay is below industry average. Some teams have rapid turnover making the job overwhelming. Other teams have very little turnover making promotions unlikely.

Advice to Management

As an employee, there is a feeling you are just another cog in the machine next in line to get laid off. Zero sense that the company has your back giving little reason for employees to do the same.

State Street2019-06-18
  6. "great people to work with"

Former Employee - Officer

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

flexibility to work from home

Cons

low pay and long hours

State Street2019-06-19
  7. "Good Place to Work."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at State Street full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. The policy is well in place for everything & have good information. 2. Corporate Culture is really appreciable. 3. Work from Home Starts from Senior Associate. 4. Pick and Drop facility (Only Cab) provided by Company itself which not your part of CTC & if you discontinue it then Rs. 3500/- will be credited to your account. 5. Zeta card, Rs. 1500/- 6. Salary as per Bangalore Location & it's okay... okay but not sure about Hikes.

Cons

1. Infrastructure issues especially cafeteria. 2. Night Shift Allowance comes 1 month. 3. Laptops were not provided to all 4. Laptops are worthless & work too slow. 5. Punch In and Punch Out is worst as the system doesn't work properly. 6. Local IT Support team is not supportive.

Advice to Management

Management needs to take care of employees cafeteria, Proper Hikes, Promotions to hard-working employee irrespective of how much time he/she stays in the company. HR must be the representative of the company so stop hiding & be open minded.

State Street2019-06-08
  8. "Fund accountant"

Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at State Street full-time

Pros

Work from home flexible

Cons

Low salary increase yearly..low bonus

State Street2019-05-19
  9. "Not Bad"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at State Street full-time

Pros

Flexible work culture like work from home

Cons

No proper hikes and recognition. Infra maintenance is not up to the mark.

State Street2019-05-30

"Outdated practices, confusing hierarchy"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than a year

Pros

401k match up to 6%; flexible work from home policy. It’s possible to have a life outside of work

Cons

No clear directions. Lots of corporate politics and constant whispers about layoffs. No pay increases and bonuses are laughable.

Advice to Management

Be more clear about expectations. The corporate politics are outdated and boring.

State Street2019-05-26