Stratasys Employee Reviews about "3d printing"

Updated 13 Apr 2020

3.3
Stratasys CEO Elan Jaglom (no image)
Elan Jaglom
Pros
  • "Proud to be associated with the leader in 3D printing(in 16 reviews)

• "The place is full of good people(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Israel leadership is scary unorganized to say the least(in 14 reviews)

• "When company was Objet, they made you feel like family, listened to concerns and did something about it(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "3d printing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great technology company but lack proper people management skills"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Stratasys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Proud to be associated with the leader in 3D printing. Have access to many internal resources and experts to help in the sales cycle.

Cons

No proper work location arrangement due to cost cutting. I ended up working from home most of the time and was not compensated for the internet. No local country team support and had to depend on nearest regional assistance which took a long time. This delayed the sales cycle. The regional management I worked with only wanted to have "Yes, Sir" type of people around them and speaking up was not welcome and made you the next target to be kick out from the company.

Continue reading

"It's not you, it's them. Run."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Stratasys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The innovations for customers can be awe inspiring - but the same can be said for any 3D printing technology company. The technology is cool - just don't plan to use it yourself since most employees get to use the oldest machines they have.

Cons

Building, inspiring, leading, delivering .. nice words... but not really what you'll ever be recognized or rewarded for delivering. Lucky if you get 2-3 years before you jump out a window or get pushed. Money can be attractive but there's always a reason not to reward you. There's a promise always of a new day, of becoming the best company to work for in MN, to move to a new HQ but the reality is those promises can't be kept as there's a revolving door of managers and people. The bureaucracy to purchase anything on behalf of the company can make you beat your head into the wall.

3. "IT Department"

Former Employee - IT Senior Director in Tel Aviv-Yafo

I worked at Stratasys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its amazing company that driven by strong leadership and have incredible people. All together making Stratasys a leader in 3D printing with clear roadmap and successful deliveries to the market. In Stratasys I was able to plan and implement a long term strategic projects and change the Security layout of all company. Always had support from managment on diferent levels Its uniq when you can work with very professional teams in different departments and always have cooperation and willing to drive to business success. The HR team at Stratasys is one of the best and more effective HR teams I meet in my career. The focus on each employee, providing tools for management team and real involvement in company success.

Cons

Working from remote. Consolidating process for diferent business units after aquesition

Continue reading

"Fascinating Industry, Great Work Perks & Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Demand Generation

I have been working at Stratasys full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Access to cutting edge (and very expensive) 3D printing technology, FREE. - "start up" culture with a lot of opportunities to learn new skills, softwares, etc. - Working with industry leading clients is really cool - every customer uses their printer for applications that are equally unique and fascinating. - Fun work environment & lots of opportunities to engage with coworkers both during work and after work If you are a positive person who can handle a fast-paced work environment, Stratasys is a great place for you.

Cons

3D Printing as an Industry moves fast. So does Stratasys. Some reviews below seem to come from people uncomfortable with slight ambiguity and a fast-moving industry. Like any large company, there will be frustrations with beurocracy and processes. However, Fast Pace + Ambiguity = Opportunity for Employees.

"If you love mechanical engineering..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Stratasys full-time

Pros

If you love mechanical engineering, this place has a lot of interesting challenges for you. You can work with an international team. The office and culture are great. Stratasys is a leader in the 3D printing industry - you have access to 3D printers, the company is going through a lot of improvements.

Cons

Too many stakeholders in different locations. Too many different projects at the same time. Directions from the management aren't always clear.

Stratasys Response

November 13, 2018Human Resources

I’m glad you’re enjoying many aspects of working at Stratasys. We’re proud of our challenging and rewarding environment. We know we ask a lot of our team and that’s why we only hire the best – people who are excited about the opportunity to shape an industry. We aim to work at a fast pace but not an unmanageable or unnecessarily stressful one. We monitor this in a few ways. There are bi-annual performance reviews where managers not only give feedback on performance but also seek feedback on what's working well for them. We also have an annual Employee Engagement survey which is anonymous and managed by an external company so we can benchmark our performance against the best companies.

"Company in decline, bad management"

1.0

I have been working at Stratasys full-time

Pros

Still a market leader In some areas the technology is still top notch Engage with amazing customers The 3D printing industry is hot and thriving

Cons

Management has zero capability to execute its own strategy. Too much bureaucracy, lack of decent IT systems. Workload is overwhelming and compensation is low. HR cut equity plans. Company is losing talent fast Highly political culture, when decisions are finally made they are based on who managed to strong-arm the other top managers. Out of date technology

Continue reading
  7. "Stratasys Materials R&D Internship"

Current Intern - Intern in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Stratasys

Pros

I was given a couple projects that my manager wanted me to work on, but I was also given the freedom to work on other projects that I thought were interesting and follow my own curiosity. The engineers were very willing to teach me new skills and help me learn more about plastics compounding/formulation and integration with 3D printing. HR set up several lunch & learns and other fun intern events to help interns learn about the business and get to know each other.

Cons

Pay is not very high for an engineering internship, but it pays the rent.

8. "Be apart of the change"

I have been working at Stratasys full-time

Pros

I have worked at Stratasys for about six months. In my time here, there has been constant change. Some are frightened with this change. However, with change comes many opportunities. I have been both enlightened and challenged in my time here. Being a fresh college graduate, I thrive off the fast paced environment and workload. My colleagues make it very enjoyable to come to work each day. One of my favorite memories so far working here is participating in "Stratasys in the Schools." Hundreds of employees had the opportunity to go into the community to teach Kindergarten - High School students about 3D printing. One memory that stands out is a 3rd grader said "Wow, you guys are really changing the world." She could have not said it any better-while we have lots of change, we are also making strides to make the world inside Stratasys and outside a better place to be. We have the right leaders in place to take Stratasys to the next level!

Cons

If you want to work at Stratasys, you must be a team player; willingly and able to help with the change. We cannot take Stratasys to the next level without EVERYONE.

Continue reading

"A future "what went wrong" case study for business books"

1.0
    Former Employee - Management (Prefer to Keep Anonymous) in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Stratasys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The 3D printing technologies and industry are undeniably exciting, as are the potential future applications and growth opportunities. It's easy to see and feel good about how Stratasys solutions address current problems in manufacturing, health care and education throughout the world. And while Stratasys' leadership position in this space isn't guaranteed (and seems to be fading) there's a strong sense of pride and motivation that comes from working for an industry leader (being on the "winning team").

Cons

Too many to cover in detail: -Management in general (specifically North America sales management (toxic), global product management (incompetent) and the entire c-suite including the CEO, CFO and CMO). They exhibit a lack of focus and genuine appreciation for employees. Each has his/her own political agenda. -Too many changing and conflicting priorities. -HR does not serve the people; rather, HR serves only the agendas and needs of executive management. The HR business partners in the US can't be trusted. -Talent development is non-existent. Promotions are politically motivated and based on favoritism. -Benefits, specifically salaries, are below average. And there are deficits in the pay, treatment and opportunities afforded to women. -Very little work-life balance if you want to be considered an employee that just meets expectations. -Slow to innovate, slow to market. -Recruitment process and treatment of job candidates is embarrassing (just ask anyone who has interviewed with Stratasys in the last year). -Treatment of employees that leave the company is equally embarrassing and disappointing. Falsehoods and rumors are spread about employees who quit on their own. Exit interviews are inconsistent - you're lucky if you're given one, and if you are, don't expect anything to be done with your feedback (in other words, they aren't worth the time). ...There are many more cons not mentioned but in listing them all I'd be wasting more of my time than I care to. Also, as others have mentioned beware of the more recent positive reviews here. The company actually has a "strategy" to combat the negative Glassdoor reviews by having a few select, current employees submit overly positive reviews with exaggerations about how great the current state really is.

Continue reading

"Change is happening , is it enough?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Stratasys full-time for less than a year

Pros

We are the number one 3D printing company in the United States! Our products are exciting and they change lives! It's exciting to come to work and be apart of this company.

Cons

Working with our Israeli co-workers can be challenging to complete tasks in a timely manner. Not able to have control of systems is challenging. Improving processes or producers can be like trying to turn the Titanic. Systems need to be updated

Found 20 reviews