Study Group Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2021

Found 276 of over 311 reviews

Study Group CEO Emma Lancaster (no image)
Emma Lancaster
Pros
  • "Colleagues, flexibility, awesome managers and good working environment(in 9 reviews)

• "Colleagues who are left are still great people(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Old boys' senior management team(in 18 reviews)

• "All staff work hard and long hours at Study Group, given it is an international organisation - but flexibility is given as well(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great people, great support

Jul 31, 2020 - Sales Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Study Group for over a year now. Having worked at other international education organisations before, I have found the management and staff to be very friendly and welcoming. The support structures - project management, HR, marketing, etc for our sales team is extensive. Also, during these difficult times particularly, I have seen the management frequently and regularly consult and communicate with all staff. There have been new senior management recently In Sales - which has brought positive and necessary change and pace. Some long term staff have found this change uncomfortable, however most have embraced and enjoyed it, including me!

Cons

All staff work hard and long hours at Study Group, given it is an international organisation - but flexibility is given as well.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good

Feb 9, 2021 - Senior Assessment Coordinator in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

-opportunity to work with people of diverse backgrounds - they have a meaningful vision and mission

Cons

-restricted growth and progression opportunities -lower pay base than most of the organisations of the same industry -lack of incentives or benefits other than your salary

1 person found this review helpful

Study Group Response

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It is great that you value the opportunity to work with people from diverse backgrounds, this something we are trying to promote more as it adds to a positive environment for our current employees as well as overall student and partner success. Personal development through our MyPathway programme is something we take very seriously and would hope that you have taken advantage of the discussions with your current line manager to explore your career objectives with them and how Study Group can play a part in bringing those those aspirations to life.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Embassy English was a fair employer

Feb 21, 2021 - NSW in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given adequate autonomy; good leadership and team in ANZ

Cons

UK centric global leadership did not allow enough for ANZ input in decision making

4. 4.0

Academic Advisor

Jan 10, 2021 - Academic Advisor in North Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee friendly and fosters careers

Cons

Foreign Company, no COVID assistance

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Apr 14, 2021 - Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

None management stab in back

Cons

In fighting - be careful of what you ask gir

6. 1.0
      Current Employee

A sad decline felt globally

Jul 24, 2020 - Sales Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Used to love my job and was proud to work for this company. Colleagues who are left are still great people. Bonuses can be very rewarding. You really get to change lives and the agents and students you meet are fantastic people.

Cons

New sales management seems to want to fire everyone, or force people to quit. What she will be left with next year is a team of people who don't share their opinions or ideas, and who are happy to sit at a desk pressing buttons. The company is driving out creative and talented staff, who have years of industry knowledge, experience and relationships, to happy competitors. Trust that we know how to do our jobs is gone; sales people spend their time "logging activity" rather than actually doing work that will meet their financial target. It is irrational management driven by insecurity. There is a clear lack of knowledge, understanding and basic empathy of how people work. Some conditions create a company and team that make people want to work FOR you. These conditions make people lie and evade - which will decrease your sales over time. Hope that upper management can make a change to this before it's too late.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A company that has no idea what it is doing

Jan 13, 2021 - Academic Director in Adelaide
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, inclusive environment with many staff who genuinely enjoy education

Cons

Sales are useless. They have two brands that sell themselves in Australia, but when they try to sell anything outside those two brands, they cannot.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Poor pay and poorly qualified Australuan leadership team

Aug 28, 2020 - Academic Coordinator in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team culture at the rank and file level

Cons

No performance based pay increase, dated "busy work" management style, poorly qualified management team remote from higher education performance cultures.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Worst Career Move

Jul 16, 2020 - Financial Analyst in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Higher salary to compensate for the high staff turnover

Cons

A truly awful place. Lack of leadership from management. By far the worst career move I have made.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Highly Recommended but with things to be improved

Oct 13, 2019 - Admissions Officer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Most staff are friendly and offer help as much as they can once needed. - It is a large company with different departments, every department works closely is connected within the organisation. - Staff are encouraged to undertake training/cross-training which is beneficial for their own personal development. - My team Manager is supportive and professional and offer us great flexibility and encouragement. This is also one of the main reasons that I will, for sure 100%, recommend any of my friends/old colleagues to work here.

Cons

- The main problem I can see so far is that some senior staff (very few of them as most of the senior staff are friendly) have seen themselves superior than new staff. They have been very bossy and with bad attitude. During training, new staff are sometimes discouraged to ask questions. I am a bit surprise to see this happen in such a big company in Australia. However, the good side is that new staff can still get help from their manager or any other senior staff within the department. - The company is with a wide range of cultural diversity, which is great. This means, English should be the language used when the issue is work-related as it is the mutual/official languages that every one in the office could speak and understand. However, I can always hear some other languages were spoken in the office (even within a small department) and it is obviously work-related stuff. This has obviously isolated the minority groups (within that department) as they do not understand at all that language.

Study Group Response

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

We are pleased you are having an overall positive time working here at Study Group and we value your candid feedback and this will be shared and looked into. Many thanks for taking the time to explain things as you have done.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 276 Reviews