Study Group Reviews

Updated 23 Jun 2020

3.4
Study Group CEO Emma Lancaster (no image)
Emma Lancaster
Pros
  • "good working environment, nice colleagues, good partner universities especially in ANZ(in 8 reviews)

• "Great and supportive team members(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Old boys' senior management team(in 17 reviews)

• "there is no flexibility in the working hours and very long hours as well(in 9 reviews)

1. "An open and sharing global company"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Study Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a very diverse and inclusive global organization. I enjoy working here in an open and sharing team. We look after each other, respect different opinions and work styles, and we have clear and measurable vision and mission to work on.

Cons

No company is perfect. There are a couple of ongoing change management projects globally, which is good for the future of the organization.

2. "Enjoyed working there. No major issues."

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Coordinator in Sydney

I worked at Study Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team work & office environment

Cons

Room for career growth and promotions

"Stay away if you can"

2.0
    Former Employee - Admissions in Sydney

I worked at Study Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good for staff who are after maternity leave and job security if you work full time

Cons

Poor management, no appreciation to hard working staff, no career progression, majority of the staff only have basic English level.

4. "Highly Recommended but with things to be improved"

4.0
    Current Employee - Admissions Officer in Sydney

I have been working at Study Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Most staff are friendly and offer help as much as they can once needed. - It is a large company with different departments, every department works closely is connected within the organisation. - Staff are encouraged to undertake training/cross-training which is beneficial for their own personal development. - My team Manager is supportive and professional and offer us great flexibility and encouragement. This is also one of the main reasons that I will, for sure 100%, recommend any of my friends/old colleagues to work here.

Cons

- The main problem I can see so far is that some senior staff (very few of them as most of the senior staff are friendly) have seen themselves superior than new staff. They have been very bossy and with bad attitude. During training, new staff are sometimes discouraged to ask questions. I am a bit surprise to see this happen in such a big company in Australia. However, the good side is that new staff can still get help from their manager or any other senior staff within the department. - The company is with a wide range of cultural diversity, which is great. This means, English should be the language used when the issue is work-related as it is the mutual/official languages that every one in the office could speak and understand. However, I can always hear some other languages were spoken in the office (even within a small department) and it is obviously work-related stuff. This has obviously isolated the minority groups (within that department) as they do not understand at all that language.

Study Group Response

October 14, 2019Global Head of Talent Acquisition

We are pleased you are having an overall positive time working here at Study Group and we value your candid feedback and this will be shared and looked into. Many thanks for taking the time to explain things as you have done.

5. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Admissions Officer in Sydney

I have been working at Study Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

good working environment, nice colleagues, good partner universities especially in ANZ.

Cons

the only one I can think of is fast pace of work

6. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Assessment Coordinator in Sydney

I have been working at Study Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for 4 months at Study Group and it was such a nice experience for me. I was bit nervous when I read other negative review about the company before I started bu it turned out completely different. One of the most pros of working here is that people are so nice. It is superb easy to get along with other colleguages and joined the culture after 1 week easily. As it is such a big organisation, everything including policies and procedure are perfect to me. nothing to complain about.

Cons

Nothing to complain about.

Study Group Response

October 14, 2019Global Head of Talent Acquisition

We are pleased you are having such a positive time having come on-board. We have been working hard to make incremental improvements across the business and these are beginning to have a really positive effect for our employees.

"Not a good company to work with at all"

1.0
    Current Employee - Administrative in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Study Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing to mention for the company.

Cons

Full of politics and bad management.

Continue reading

"So fake its cringeworthy"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Sydney

I worked at Study Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leaving was by far the best thing ive done in a while.

Cons

There are 2 people that work in the fake little fantasy world which is Study Group, first is the self promoiting people who face off daily at who can sound the most excited about the most irrelevant things on their Workplace facebook pages and secondly, the people that actually do work. You have 2 options here, to either buy into the garbage, lower yourself to their self promoting word vomit or you can leave. The fakeness also spreads to Glass Door, where HR staff are directed to write super positive reviews to get that average up and try to drown out the real reviews, which are often critical of HR themselves.

"Poor wages"

Former Employee - English Teacher in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Study Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

the students are great but culture is a massive clique

Cons

Bad incentives for staff to work hard, no recognition of talent

10. "I was sceptical after reading all of these reviews but..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Study Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/Life balance is great High rate of female staff Great culture Great line managers Ambitious staff always working to improve issues All staff I've encountered have been here for years and are very happy Don't let the feedback fool you. Make up your own mind and you may be surprised :)

Cons

Document management systems could be updated

Found 205 reviews