TMP Worldwide Client Strategist Reviews

Updated 6 Jan 2020

TMP Worldwide President & CEO Michelle Abbey
Michelle Abbey
1 Rating
  1. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Former Employee - Client Strategist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was with TMP for many years, and there was good reason for that. It is a flat organization, which means I had access to everyone I needed (across teams and functions and levels) to do my job well. This takes a good deal of initiative though, as nothing here (or anywhere for that matter) is handed to you on a silver platter. I grew a ton over the years and learned a great deal. Benefits were good, work was challenging and the people were great. TMP treated me very, very well and I loved working for them. When in the "right" office, the company is a fun and engaging place to work too - lots of outings, volunteer days, parties/celebrations, silly gatherings just for fun etc. Not all offices are like this, but great community in most of them!

Cons

Managers don't seem all that well trained, and seem to be left to sink or swim with little support or training - which really impacts team synergies and trust. This is really unfortunate, b/c the company is filled with smart and motivated employees. Processes and systems can be disorganized and sometimes it took quite a while to sort through this - which is tough when you're on the front line with a client. I also would have loved more transparency from the "top" down - about the business, changes in benefits, company priorities etc.

"A great place to build your career!"

Current Employee - Client Strategist

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to put your talent to work in an exciting environment that has unlimited potential to learn and grow, TMP is a great place to be. We work with fortune 100 clients, have a superior product and are leaders in our space. Plus, you get the time off you need to rest and re-energize.

Cons

It takes a special person to succeed at TMP. To make this a rewarding experience for your professional career, you need to be self-motivated, hungry to learn, and you must create a collaborative environment; even if it seems you are not getting that collaboration in return. As a client-facing member of the team, I need to serve on behalf of my client's needs, which can be challenging when depending on others who may not be as client focused.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews