TMP Worldwide Digital Strategist Reviews

Updated 7 May 2019

4.0
TMP Worldwide President & CEO Michelle Abbey
Michelle Abbey
  1. "A company that supports you"

4.0
    Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Waltham, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I came to TMP because I wanted to work somewhere that offered the constant movement of an agency but that was big enough to explore different teams and roles. I've been able to not only move up the ladder here, but also take on projects that interest and excite me. There's latitude to create the type of job you want and I'm always learning new things.

Cons

TMP is an entrepreneurial environment which is great for some, but it can leave others not sure how to structure their time or who to go to for resolution. Align yourself with good people as soon as possible and you'll catch on.

2. "Great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I'm always being challenged to learn something new. And TMP makes it easy with subject matter experts, the TMP Labs team and super helpful co-workers. We also get to work with amazing brands and an always-evolving technology platform.

Cons

No match on 401K.

"Short Term Focus"

2.0
    Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Toronto, ON

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

There a lots of very smart, talented people throughout the organization. Exposure to large name brand clientele. Great learning on how to support enterprise businesses.

Cons

Business is misaligned with market needs in Canada. Leadership is only focused on short term revenue. Services viewed as too expensive. Support of clients is poor on new service offerings as price point is much lower than large US clients. Company is trying to be a technology company, but structured like an Ad agency. Leadership in Canada is a mess.

"Digital Strategist"

1.0
    Former Employee - Digital Strategist in Washington, DC

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good people there but sporadic through the offices; flexible with hours and working from home. Good compensation.

Cons

No professional development whatsoever regardless of level. Too many management layers without actual value being created. With the organization torn between being an ad agency and a tech company, the interaction with clients is more about forcing product sales than being a consultative partner for the best strategy. Overall company is focused on selling since they are owned by private equity so wouldn't recommend as a career but mostly as a placeholder until something better comes along.

"Digital Strategist"

Digital Strategist in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TMP Worldwide

Pros

TMP was a great experience because as far as agencies go - they did have adequate training around their TalentBrew platform along with traditional advertising service offerings. If you were the type to introduce yourself and become engaged - your expertise could really soar. I had the opportunity to meet great people, work with large clients and travel. All in all, people are great to work with and a very flexible culture exists, as long as you perform and meet one's deadlines. The Digital Strategist trips were fun, engaging and a real concerted effort to better the performance of all involved and move the company in the right direction was consistently shown. The TalentBrew platform with its 2.0 version is substantially better than the previous - but only beneficial if a client can afford the Cadillac price in perpituity and understands the value of a comprehensive web presence. TMP did update its product as fast as it could based on usability assessments which despite sometimes being an esoteric process was commendable. TMP Labs, their R&D arm was highly expert in providing new technologies within the recruitment space and easily the only outfit in the industry that provided such a level of future thought.

Cons

When you try and be a product based company and an advertising agency at the same time it 's only natural that the negative effects of someone with a split personality would shine through. So, if I owned a software or SaaS company I would have a true SaaS modeled commerce site, a team of inside sales, regional and national account teams, biz dev ,etc. - with attainable sales goals. Non of that exists. The one downside is my hiring manager extended an offer knowing that the Chicago office (struggling market) did not bonus in 6 years - a red flag I did not realize until I started and somewhat disingenuous from management. Negotiate high up front. The bonus details are so lofty that if you came from a sales commission background you wouldn't believe it. It can also be used against you in the future. The space itself is heavily commoditized with many players and many clients do not understand the nuances of the platform and the value it serves vs competing products. The result is price reduction - affecting one's attainment of bonus. Creatively - it wasn't very strong and I blame the recruitment space. Web design and UX standards were not uniform and ideation from campaign POV's was minimal. There was decent talent in Chicago but creative styles and campaign sophistication varied greatly from coast to coast. No comment about turnover since its an agency and is common in the industry. The benefits are not good and no match on the 401K.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews