TMP Worldwide Reviews

3.8
TMP Worldwide President & CEO Michelle Abbey
Michelle Abbey
Pros
Cons
  • "Bonuses and promotions only benefit upper management(in 18 reviews)

• "It's become extremely stressful as account teams carry very heavy loads and accountability sits solely on account services' shoulders(in 16 reviews)

1. "Ok company"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer a flexible work schedule

Cons

Long hours and they did not give regular reviews

TMP Worldwide2020-05-22
  2. "Communication and Transparency"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

The overall response to the COVID-19 crisis has been exceptional. The level of transparency and the frequency of communication from management has been great during these uncertain times. The company moved quickly to transition everyone to remote working and people have been very understanding as everyone tries to juggle work and home life. While planning for the return to offices is underway the company is not rushing as employee safety is kept in mind.

Cons

I'm sure a communication plan is already underway, but keeping employees informed about the return to office plans as they become available will be important because this will be a big transition.

TMP Worldwide2020-04-30

"Great Job at Keeping Employees Connected"

5.0

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Acting on the company culture, the company has taken the initiative during this time of working from home to keep employees informed and connected twice a week with some humor and knowledge sharing. They hold 2 half hour video sessions that the whole global organization is invited to attend. It is hard for many to work in their homes right now and the company recognizes that and is making strides to make it better for employees.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can still be long when WFH.

TMP Worldwide2020-04-14
  4. "#ConnectedIntelligence in action"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unsurpassed data, tech, scale,. Some very smart people.. Feels like a family.

Cons

Could be bolder - need to take a view and a voice.

TMP Worldwide2020-04-03

"Frustrating Experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Media Planner in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

The client portfolio is great, few places would offer you the opportunity to work on multiple Fortune 500 client. The benefits are solid and the pay is above the industry average (or at least it was in my case).

Cons

The company recently restructured which is a positive but the TMP account teams remain the biggest bullies i have ever seen across the industry. They will take client calls without consulting the media, SEM and metrics team, make insane commitment to the client and then scold the teams when they "obviously" arent able or willing to comply. They very much see themselves as clients and never hold themselves accountable for their actions. The other con is somewhat unfortunate because it isnt TMP's fault. The recruitment space is just not very stimulating. It is the same 4 partners in every plan (Indeed, Linkedin, Google and Glassdoor). You can become very complacent and lazy which is obvious especially looking at the management team. The role is a fairly easy and conformable one but your skills growth really stops after 6 months.

TMP Worldwide2020-04-15
  6. "Enjoyed Working Here"

Current Employee - Performance Media Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working here. Fun atmosphere, collaborative team.

Cons

Account Services team's media knowledge based was an issue at times.

TMP Worldwide2020-03-14

"Poor HR ethics"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees try to to have fun and are helpful. Great place to learn as every day you are thrown under the bus by your manager and you need to work your way out.

Cons

No 401k and WFH is only for senior management. HR is the puppet to do paper work. Every year people are laid off. And the base is non-performance. They will identify employees before time so that they can build up cases in few months to support the reason. No job security. There is no ethical work culture and HR doesn’t care why the person or team is being called non-performant. This is especially for Product and Tech team.

TMP Worldwide2020-04-07
  8. "TMP Experience"

Former Employee - Performance Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My experience with TMP was mainly positive! I have been with this company for over 2.5 years. I started as an Account Executive in the D.C. office. Their client services management is awesome and I can speak very highly of this team. I then decided I wanted to change my career path. TMP offered to relocate me to the Chicago office to join the Performance Media Team. It was an eye opener for me seeing how different these two offices operate. Overall, my experience was positive. The Performance Media Team is like one large family. They have each other’s backs if help is needed. Management is always willing to help out with analyst work. I also loved how management is understanding of scenarios when you need to work from home. Overall Company Pros: -Work/life balance -Relocation package -PTO/WFH -Training -Fun activities to make work enjoyable

Cons

Several Company Benefits currently aren’t the best.

TMP Worldwide2020-01-30
  9. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Former Employee - Client Strategist

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was with TMP for many years, and there was good reason for that. It is a flat organization, which means I had access to everyone I needed (across teams and functions and levels) to do my job well. This takes a good deal of initiative though, as nothing here (or anywhere for that matter) is handed to you on a silver platter. I grew a ton over the years and learned a great deal. Benefits were good, work was challenging and the people were great. TMP treated me very, very well and I loved working for them. When in the "right" office, the company is a fun and engaging place to work too - lots of outings, volunteer days, parties/celebrations, silly gatherings just for fun etc. Not all offices are like this, but great community in most of them!

Cons

Managers don't seem all that well trained, and seem to be left to sink or swim with little support or training - which really impacts team synergies and trust. This is really unfortunate, b/c the company is filled with smart and motivated employees. Processes and systems can be disorganized and sometimes it took quite a while to sort through this - which is tough when you're on the front line with a client. I also would have loved more transparency from the "top" down - about the business, changes in benefits, company priorities etc.

TMP Worldwide2020-01-06
  10. "Digital Marketing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Product Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are very helpful

Cons

Pay is not comparable to average in region Management does not believe in work/life balance Management is not loyal to employees

TMP Worldwide2020-01-03