TMP Worldwide Reviews

Michelle Abbey
  1. "Good Place to Start"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good place to start a career as you touch multiple marketing points

Cons

No career advancement opportunities, lack of innovation

"Eh"

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

I worked on a team of great and very smart people. I learned SO much while I was at TMP.

Cons

I was just a number, I was paid significantly less than other team members (at the same level) even though I did a lot of heavy lifting and trained them in much of what we were doing.

"TMP - My Experience"

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

I applied to TMP after hearing great things from a former coworker who was employed at the TMP Chicago office. I had no recruitment advertising experience, but spent several years doing media planning and account management at various agencies. The day that I met with the staff at the Chicago office was the day I knew I wanted to work at TMP. Everyone was extremely welcoming and I felt like they were genuinely interested in helping me grow professionally. You also interview from the 40th floor on Michigan Ave which is a nice bonus! From the day I started, I was actively involved in my accounts. What's great about TMP is that they allow you to make your accounts YOURS. While you'll have great guidance from a Client Strategist, you're the one who is executing projects and getting your hands involved in everything. Everyday is something new and the position really keeps you on your toes - you're going to learn something new daily. You will be busy... but you'll also learn how to manage your time and spread the tasks to different members of your team. The challenges are fun if you're up for it and it's rewarding to see your accounts grow. I'm regularly leading calls, presenting to clients and consulting about technology that I didn't even know existed... and I've only been here for 9 months and had no prior recruitment marketing experience. You catch on quickly. There are a lot of growth opportunities and ways to advance your career. TMP often shares employee success stories and it's motivating to see them promote so many deserving individuals. The management often encourages employees to choose their own path and you'll see some people flip departments which is great. TMP really takes care of its employees when you put in the work. Even if you don't have recruitment advertising experience, I'd encourage you to check out the TMP opportunities available. You don't have to be an expert to work here... you just have to be willing to learn and put forth the effort. Chances are that you've probably looked at a career site that TMP has developed before - just one of the cool things that TMP does.

Cons

It's not a con, but this position isn't for everyone. If you're not self-motivated, organized or want a fast paced job... an Account Director role isn't for you. If you're looking for something different than what I described, I'd encourage you to check out other opportunities in different departments at TMP - there's something for everyone.

"Great company, and growing"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

TMP has a fantastic culture - it's all about client success. The environment is fun and collaborative, and very much about work-life balance.

Cons

Training and on-boarding could use a refresher.

"A great place to build your career!"

Current Employee - Client Strategist

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to put your talent to work in an exciting environment that has unlimited potential to learn and grow, TMP is a great place to be. We work with fortune 100 clients, have a superior product and are leaders in our space. Plus, you get the time off you need to rest and re-energize.

Cons

It takes a special person to succeed at TMP. To make this a rewarding experience for your professional career, you need to be self-motivated, hungry to learn, and you must create a collaborative environment; even if it seems you are not getting that collaboration in return. As a client-facing member of the team, I need to serve on behalf of my client's needs, which can be challenging when depending on others who may not be as client focused.

6. "Good company and great for growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

TMP provides excellent work-life balance, as well as good opportunities for growth personally and within the company. The office environment if fun, supportive, and collaborative and if you don't know something there is always someone you can learn from. There's a lot of variety in the work itself day-to-day, which keeps things interesting. I feel fortunate to have landed myself in a company that offers the opportunities I've had at TMP.

Cons

Some programs used in the company are outdated. It's not always clear which processes should be used to get certain tasks done as the onboarding doesn't cover these aspects.

Continue reading
  7. "Great experience & a lot of upside in the space"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

TMP has something really special going on. Though I'm relatively new, I've crossed paths and/or directly worked with a significant number of folks here that have been with the organization for more than 10 years. For me, that's an indication that the company not only offers a rewarding experience, but also treats its people the right way. In addition to everything else, members of the team are exceptionally intelligent and willing to lend a hand. They REALLY REALLY care - This is huge! Product is spot on in the recruitment marketing sector and it's great to be the leader in the space. Our experience in partnering successfully with a large chunk of the Fortune 1000 organizations out there is indicative of the value we bring. There is a lot of opportunity to bring value to many more organizations looking to tap into the full potential of their employer brand w/ the assistance of TMP's experts.

Cons

I agree that a 401k match program for employees would a nice addition - Not currently offered, but could be worth looking into.

Continue reading
  8. "Great work environment with tons of opportunities for advancement."

Current Employee - Account Director in Waltham, MA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Office culture is fantastic - great balance of work and fun. - Work Life Balance is a real thing here . - Workload is reasonable and there is tons of support from management and other TMP teams/office around the country and world. - Pay is competitive and PTO is generous. - Top performing employees are recognized and rewarded.

Cons

- Internal processes could use a little work to improve efficiency. - Coordinating projects between multiple TMP offices can be tricky at times. - Account roles can be a bit 'salesy'

9. "Good company, great agency experience"

Current Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

TMP is the perfect company for a self-motivated employee that likes to take ownership. There is opportunity to grow and move around the company, but you need to seek that out yourself. The office atmosphere is great, as well.

Cons

No formal training for new hires.

10. "Amazing growth"

Former Employee - Creative

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TMP took a chance on me when I was fresh out of portfolio school. They gave me big opportunities to prove myself -- and a couple of wonderful Creative Directors really took me under their wing. I worked hard, got promoted and ultimately fulfilled my career dreams. I owe a lot to this company for believing in me and giving me the courage I needed to take on my next adventure.

Cons

Most of the decision-makers sit in New York, so it's easy to feel overlooked if you're at a different location.

Found 345 reviews