TMP Worldwide Reviews

Updated 23 Jun 2020

3.6
TMP Worldwide President & CEO Michelle Abbey
Michelle Abbey
  1. "Great Atmosphere and Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Account Director in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have an open office environment where everyone has the opportunity to get to know your coworkers and have some fun while you work. Most people are supportive and willing to teach or help you onboard. The work is challenging but rewarding.

Cons

Because everyone is so busy keeping up with client requests, there isn't always a clear distinction of individual responsibilities. There sometimes needs to be clearer communication between different offices/locations to be sure who is supporting what.

2. "Great people to work with, interesting work, good company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

- People are friendly and are willing to help each other - Lots of different aspects of the work (such as dealing with media, software, reporting on client performance, etc.) which keeps the day to day work interesting - Allows for autonomy/independence in work so you can grow and learn in your role

Cons

- Onboarding process doesn’t encompass all aspects of the work so there is a need to learn while doing - Some company systems are outdated - Some disorganization with internal processes

Continue reading
  3. "A company that supports you"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Waltham, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I came to TMP because I wanted to work somewhere that offered the constant movement of an agency but that was big enough to explore different teams and roles. I've been able to not only move up the ladder here, but also take on projects that interest and excite me. There's latitude to create the type of job you want and I'm always learning new things.

Cons

TMP is an entrepreneurial environment which is great for some, but it can leave others not sure how to structure their time or who to go to for resolution. Align yourself with good people as soon as possible and you'll catch on.

4. "Awesome place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

TMP encourages autonomy and creative thinking- here, you're encouraged to think outside the box - there is always an interesting challenge and lots of thinking on your feet. Surrounded by brilliant coworkers with amazing ideas, work ethic and drive. Zero micromanagement, great work/life balance. Trust. Forward-thinking company, strong technology and data analytics initiatives. Interesting industry.

Cons

Workload can be high and very fast paced - as with any agency.

"Top employer for recruitment advertising experience"

Current Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are great opportunities to learn about all aspects of recruitment advertising including media planning, digital strategy, product implementation, and employer brand development. You're not just pigeon-holed into one role but get to wear a lot of hats with top clients and learn about all things in this niche space.

Cons

Since our space is so niche, can take a bit longer than normal to onboard and learn the industry, best practices, TMP process.

6. "A company that cares for people over positions"

Current Employee - Client Strategy in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Multiple times in my career at TMP I've been able to have candid conversations with my managers about evolving my role. Multiple times that's actually happened for me. There is a level of autonomy at TMP in Account Services where I'm trusted to run my book of business and make decisions. My clients are smart and good people and don't treat me or my teams like service providers. Our technology is the best in the industry hands down, and the future is bright as we're starting to become more and more of a software company. I genuinely believe in the direction of the company and the decisions that leadership is making. I never thought I'd stay here more than 2-3 years but have been continually challenged and work with the smartest people in the industry.

Cons

Red tape and process can be cumbersome at times. Being an agency, it's frustrating when you put work into a solution for clients and they don't move forward. Communication between departments could be improved.

Continue reading
  7. "Relaxed and very laid back climate, with amazing people a"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice easy-going work climate where employees are diverse and easy to talk too.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth.

8. "Unfair Salary"

Current Employee - Campaign Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility Laid back Work from home 401K Benefits Fridays off

Cons

Culture turned into dictatorship Underpaid Account team treated superior Favortism Little to no room for growth

Continue reading
  9. "Director - New Business"

Current Employee - Director in Bangalore

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

exciting every day, to learn something new amazing work culture and balance at work great leadership

Cons

flat org structure, limited locations in India

Continue reading

"Wish it could've been better"

1.0
    Former Employee - ----

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few of my coworkers really cared about the work and felt like family.

Cons

- Creative team lacked structure or any employee appreciation. - PTO requests were usually responded with nothing or a "k." making it uncomfortable to ask. - Important workplace issues that should be addressed are blatantly ignored and take years for resolution. - The workload was non-existent. What's worse than being that bored? Knowing that your portfolio doesn't have enough in it to apply elsewhere and that you're not advancing at all. - Favoritism definitely exists, even for those that fall asleep at their desks and don't meet deadlines. - Entry level people are hired and never trained.

Found 345 reviews