TMP Worldwide Reviews

TMP Worldwide President & CEO Michelle Abbey
Michelle Abbey
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great office culture/environment, co-workers very friendly and willing to help answer any questions

Cons

Beacon is outdated and faulty, although it gets the job done

Continue reading

"Think hard before working here"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

innovative technology and new ideas

Cons

no work life balance, meetings at 9 pm, poor upper management, lack of support, lack of maturity from leadership, and favors certain types of employees over others

Continue reading

"Great People, OK product"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are amazing, and nice. I think you get what you put into that place in terms of that. They have great strategies, and the location is great.

Cons

Summer Fridays aren't a guarantee, and I wish there was more room for movement. You'll definitely see some websites that Tablent Brew made with spelling errors and un-organized categories or just not updated.

4. "Encourages autonomy, if you think time served entitles you to promotion and/or payrises, apply elsewhere"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance - There is a relaxed approach to when you come and go. If you need to work from home, management is always accommodating. Everyone is encouraged to progress at their own speed, encouragement and incentives are provided to those who apply themselves. Overseas transfers are extended to those who perform well or have a niche skill set.

Cons

The same cons as any other company but a few specifics below. Middle managers are generally people who've shone at something other than being a manager and don't really want to be managers. Senior managers create their own messes and resentment by turning to favorites rather than relevant line managers, which undermines communication between teams.

Continue reading

"Paris office is a good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Director in Paris
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Paris office has great people and a supportive management. Also great clients, from big Cac40 companies, to smaller but interesting accounts. The agency is part of an international network, which is helpful when you need resources or assistance from English-speaking colleagues. You can learn a lot about employer branding and recruitment marketing. International mobility is also possible. The office is brand new and centrally located (Saint Lazare).

Cons

On the group level, very little is done to engage employees and train them. (I do appreciate however that the bigger offices in the UK or USA often step in to share knowledge and resources, especially when it comes to digital. ) Also, it would be helpful to have some standard HR processes such as regular appraisals, career plan discussions, etc.

6. "Good company"

4.0

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers and management, PTO, great environment, work life balance

Cons

Growth potential, compensation for living area

"Media Candidates Beware"

1.0
    Former Employee - "Media" Department in Chicago, IL

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is easy and the work/life balance was amazing. It's cushy - If you get your stuff done, you can leave. I pretty much worked 9:30-4:30. They are very behind in terms of tech/advertising/media. Coming from a bigger media agency, the work at TMP is easier than pie.

Cons

Not somewhere you want to be if you are ambitious and want to grow in your career. A lot of people who work here are the clock-in/clock-out type.. They'll spend more time telling you they are busy and can't do something than trying to be helpful. You'll lose your enthusiasm and your edge after a while. No one around you wants/care to do the work so it's hard to stay motivated. TMP is almost B2B media, small budgets, conversion focused. Recruitment marketing is very behind in the space. The clients and everyone outside your media team don't know a thing about media. I can't tell you how many times I have to explain the role of awareness vs. conversion or what an impression is. Media is very limited in recruitment marketing. You will probably pretty much only have the same 3 partners on every plan: Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc. Management is a joke and a half. They prided themselves for promoting from within, rewarding people who have been working there for a long time. The problem is that the only redeeming quality about those "leaders" are that they've been there for a long time. They don't know how to manage or have an ounce of leadership qualities. These are the same people who don't want to do any work and was so complacent that they never left. Then got promoted because they just stayed at the company. The whole company is sales focused. You'll be asked (forced) by your account team to recommend something that doesn't make sense so they can hit their revenue goals and get their bonus. It's exhausting trying to reason with them so you eventually give in and recommend things you don't believe in at all. It is chaotic here...full of immature people. There were people who would regularly chase each other around in the office. The relationships between departments are rough, get ready for freshmen year of high school. The account team is pushy. The content team is inadequate at their jobs but somehow have their noses up in the air like they are better than everyone else. The content team actually smoked marijuana in a conference room during office hours, no repercussion even when management knew about it. The SEM team don't really understand their job outside of what's directly in front of them. Metrics team was decent, wish they have better leadership so they can grow. TMP isn't really respected as an agency. I'd heavily consider your reputation if you do decide to work here. You may have a hard time getting a job at another agency. Least of the cons but your vendors are rude AF. There is no room for negotiations because you have no other options but to run with just them. There are no media perks here because the CEO banned it. Crappy benefits: United Healthcare, Cigna Dental, no 401k match, sick days count as PTO

TMP Worldwide Response

March 8, 2019VP, Talent Marketing Solutions

Thanks for your feedback – employee input is taken seriously at TMP. I spent many years at consumer agencies before TMP, and I have always felt that, overall, TMPers are better problem solvers and are more engaged and interested in their work than their counterparts at other agencies. We are by no means perfect, but there are a lot of hard-working people here who are proud to deliver on our clients’ needs in jobs that provide us growth and challenges – people I am happy to see every morning when I come to work. I wish you success in finding a culture and role that fit you, just as I have.

"Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

Those in leadership positions are always willing to allow their teams to work in the style and tempo that works best for them. Leaders are always open to hearing feedback from all members of their team.

Cons

There can be high turnover for lower level employees. Certain positions require a lot of internal email communication, which could create an overabundance of relaying and slow down plans & initiatives.

"Needs to look internally"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great clients and a great team to work with

Cons

Poor management, no leadership at all.

"DS"

I worked at TMP Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great people and culture and

Cons

poor work life balance and

Found 345 reviews