TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 6 January 2019

2.9
Tracy Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great 401K plan and work-life balance" (in 24 reviews)

• "Laid back work environment, good pay for the amount of work you do" (in 47 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Organization built to last with top talent and Solid Mission"

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome opportunities to advance! Work hard and obtain your goals. It's all about driving results and we win! I love that! This is an organization designed to reward! Absolutely expect to work hard and drive performance! Hands Down best place I have ever worked and best people!

Cons

Not an impressive benefit package, not that they really exist in today's environment!

Advice to Management

Maintain current Top Three strategies. Stay grounded for the long haul! We are seeing so many great opportunities due to embracing a solid strategy!

11 Apr 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

"Manager"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

There has been a significant shift in the culture at the TMX Finance Family of Companies in 2018. I have been proud to be a part of this Company and have loved how it has grown to become a Company that helps people- both its customers and its employees. Much has changed in terms of organizational structure and I feel like it's been a great change for our Company.

Cons

I would like to see the Company build out new initiatives fully before launching them.

Advice to Management

I appreciate that upper and executive management has all adopted the new culture and are making the changes needed to make our company successful.

9 Jan 2019 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to... More

3. "Corporate Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA (US)

Pros

100% best decision of my life. I have been here since April 2012, so coming up on 7 years. This company truly rewards those who perform well. Great 401K plan and work-life balance. Fun work environment, I love that my team works just as hard as I do and we are all on the same page.

Cons

A few more PTO days/year would be nice.

3 Jan 2019 – Social Media and PR Strategist

"Not just a job! It’s a long term career! Work hard and get results!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours! Every other weekend off and Saturdays only 10-2 which is awesome! Professional atmosphere which is great! Small teams so everyone is close and helps each other!

Cons

There are cons with every job! That’s why there is vacation! I would say some benefits but really that’s all

Advice to Management

Keep focused and keep us grounded

3 Dec 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

5. "inconsistant!"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent for the amount of work that you do.

Cons

There is favoritism and inconsistency throughout the company.

3 Dec 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for... More

6. "Opportunity Awaits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open communication, flexible schedule , work together to achieve personal and professional goals. Always positive and enthusiastic feed back.

Cons

Benefit information and eligibility. Constant changing market.

Advice to Management

Work smart, communicate with your team divide task to ease goals.

16 Nov 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you for giving us your feedback! We are all about building relationships with our customers and our team members, and developing a family-like atmosphere. We wish you continued success!

7. "Good when it’s going good bad when it’s not what upper management wants."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Virginia (South Africa)

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits . Somewhat good bonus.

Cons

Upper management micro manages everything. You work very long hours and holidays forget spending them with family as they have “black out” time so you can’t take time off during that time. They don’t allow any overtime but expect you to work it out. The way the schedule is you can work a 54 hour week in a Monday - Saturday and still not get overtime. You never get raises the whole time you are there, you are always told work harder to get the “uncapped bonus” . Basically your never gonna get over your supplemental and deal with it because your replaceable. The turn over rate is very high and you never know when your gonna be chopped.

Advice to Management

Change the way things are managed. Understand we have families too and would like to spend time with them. Be honest during interviews and don’t keep brining uncapped bonus potential as it’s highly unlikely it’s gonna beat supplemental. Don’t make threats . It’s not encouraging and makes everyone want to leave . Stop the coming in early and leaving late for calls , we have enough time during the day and we want to be home too. Basically understand we want that work life balance that you promised during the interview you sold us on and not feed us promises.

28 Nov 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We have specific policies and procedures in place which prohibit off-the-clock work and provide several ways for employees to report workplace concerns... More

8. "DIstrict Director Of Operations (AZ)"

Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

Great rewarding company to work for, great paying job, Great Team & Leadership at every level and HUGE career opportunities.

Cons

None, been with company 6 plus years and company has always accomplished to improve what’s needed. Be positive and positive things will always happen.

Advice to Management

Great addition to The Team, welcome RVP Nick R. to the Phoenix AZ market! Great to hear your positive approach on continuing to drive Great culture and talent development.

12 Nov 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

9. "My time at TMX was informative, grueling, and ever changing."

Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Titlemax will train you to run your own business.

Cons

It does not allow for good work home balance.

Advice to Management

Provide greater stability and support to all levels of your employment force.

6 Nov 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and... More

10. "Average"

Current Employee - General Manager in Aurora, IL (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Aurora, IL (US)

Pros

Generally a desk job with a lot of time to grow the business.

Cons

The opportunities to bonus within Illinois are limited. Illinois is one of the most regulated states in terms of non-traditional lending in comparison to neighboring TMX states as Wisconsin and Missouri. TMX is not in Indiana or Iowa due to respective state regulations.

Advice to Management

Review the salary structure in Illinois.

16 Nov 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist