TSB Bank Employee Reviews about "tsb"

Updated 26 Dec 2019

3.2
TSB Bank CEO Debbie Crosbie (no image)
Debbie Crosbie
Pros
  • "Good benefits such as 4% salary allowance and bonus(in 16 reviews)

• "Heavy investment in company since Sabadell bought TSB(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is no cons working for TSB(in 23 reviews)

• "No future career progression in IT fields(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "tsb"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Poor Company to work for if part time."

2.0
    Former Employee - Local Banker in Gloucester, England

I worked at TSB Bank part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Relatively flexible when it comes to working hours.

Cons

I can only comment on the branch network. You will be left behind, they promise you oppurtunities, you work towards them and then give it to someone else as they are the more 'strategic placement'. The pay is incredibly bad especially considering the amount of work you have to do, they've since added business banking to branches repitoire of knowledge but not increased pay (frustrating since this used to be an oppurtunity to move up) other banks have much better pay. New starters will always be put forward for various oppurtunities which results in previous staff being left behind. Currently not up skilling due to new CEO cost cutting. Management is very much hit and miss. You can either get a condescending manager who patronises you into doing a particular job rather than talk to you like an adult or you can get one who is really trying to help you progress (though the oppurtunities aren't there). Overall I would not recommend TSB (branch network) to anyone who is looking to start a career. High staff turn over in the last year the branch I worked at lost 5 staff members (many of whom had been there for 10+ years)

Continue reading
  2. "Clueless micro management and panicking"

Current Contractor - Senior Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TSB Bank for less than a year

Pros

Some genuinely nice people who do their best despite the mess.

Cons

A place where it's normal to start on a "urgent" priority at 9 only to have it changed to another "urgent" priority by midday. The whole company seems to be in constant panic mode and managers modus operandi is to want a breakdown by the hour on what you are doing just in case they are asked.. Below the surface bullying is rife although because of poor contractual arrangements no one speaks up. Only join if you are desperate for a job. Btw we have all been " encouraged" to write nice reviews on TSB!

Continue reading

3. "People live the values"

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at TSB Bank part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brilliant people work for TSB. It’s a community of partners who value and support each other to develop. And always put the customer at the heart of what we do.

Cons

Flatter structure than some other bigger companies - but this offers greater opportunities to gather career experience and cross skill.

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Business Banking

I worked at TSB Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary, other than this other good about his company.

Cons

This place is a joke. Management is clueless, direct manager had a very aggressive approach and has no management skills. TSB bully staff until they leave! And then say we want you to be happy.!!! The company claims it doesnt work on targets yet it's all about the numbers.

Continue reading

"politics driven, bullying work culture"

Former Employee - Strategy in London, England

I worked at TSB Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Normal work life as no one has motivation to work here

Cons

The only way to thrive in TSB is through indulging in politics and gossiping. This place cant spot, retain and grow meritocratic people Bulliying culture is very prevalant. Its very non meritocratic in nature. Despite a IT mishap, the bank has not pulled up its socks yet. All it does is never ending blame game playing. TSB does not value talent and skill. It has no system and processes in place across most function

"Dream to begin with, now a slippery slope"

2.0
    Current Employee - Local Banker in Dundee, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TSB Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Has unique opportunities outside of job role to get involved with for example vulnerable customer support, working with local charities in your community

Cons

IT system disaster in 2018 has turned the promising future of TSB into a distant memory. Now like all banks looking to cut costs anyway they can and moral is very low. Sales driven without targets and job losses soon to come with branch closures to make TSB worth selling off.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Engagement Leader in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at TSB Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

salary, career opportunities, friendly atmosphere, recognition, benefit package.

Cons

There is no cons working for TSB

Continue reading

"TSB is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Leadership Development in London, England

I have been working at TSB Bank part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TSB is full of people who genuinely care about doing the right thing for customers and local communities, and supporting each other to do that. We're encouraged to do all of those things and our Pride of TSB awards recognise people who do them brilliantly. As a woman in a fairly senior position, working part time and based at home, I can also say that it's possible to do the job you want and work flexibly.

Cons

It's been a tough year with our IT migration, but we are coming out the other side now.

"Managers only care about management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at TSB Bank part-time for less than a year

Pros

The customers and not much else

Cons

Managers lie to protect other managers they only look out for themselves. An awful company to work for, after making an official complaint about a sexual remark made by my manager, being a part time member of new staff I shouldn’t realised the TRUTH would have been covered up to protect and keep my manager in his current position. That just gave him the message to continue acting like a complete “Maverick” as he knows he can continue to get away with anything! And surprise surprise 6 months after resigning from the company my ex manager sends me texts late on a Saturday night from 10pm-1am in the morning, then tries to call me a few days later! All to my personal mobile number, so much for data protection for an ex employee. I contacted the company to advise as I have evidence of this and I’ve just been completely ignored. Maybe I shouldn’t gone to the police to make a complaint. Had I have not been suffering with stress and panic attacks I would’ve taken TSB to court for their conduct but quite frankly I value my health more after being off ill and suffering from a family bereavement. Avoid working for this company at all costs, well not unless you’re seeking a management position of course!

Continue reading
  10. "Values and career opps"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at TSB Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

you can build a strong career within TSB and quickly

Cons

Dependant on where you are will depend on how strong they display their values

Found 35 reviews