Thales Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 26 Jul 2020

3.6
Thales Chairman and CEO Patrice Caine
Patrice Caine
Pros
Cons
  • "All upper management is French(in 54 reviews)

• "Thales Canberra has a lot of issue when it comes to communication between senior management vs services vs operation(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Leaders Supporting Great People"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Brisbane

I have been working at Thales full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thales offers the best work / life balance of any company I have ever worked for. We have a Director who guides, supports and inspires staff and a Management Team that supports and encourages professional development. Morale is consistently high which I believe is due to the fact that we have one of the best leaders in the business leading PRV now and into the future.

Cons

No cons - Thales is a great place to work

2. "Interesting domain, good people, a bit slow with innovation and people recognition."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Thales full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Exciting domain, always a new challenge to get through. Good work life balance.

Cons

Somehow disappointing leadership, slow with change.

Continue reading

"Bullying and Abusive Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Bendigo

I worked at Thales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work / life balance is generally good, unless there is an urgent project. Good benefits.

Cons

Bullying and abusive culture. Micromanagement. Salaries less than market average.

"Lots to learn and great people"

Current Employee - Project Planner in Rydalmere

I have been working at Thales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stepping into the Thales for the first I could learn a lot about the way the different projects are treated. You get a lot of exposure in various functions such as Engineering, Finance, Project Management, Quality, Commercial and Legal, Sales & Marketing. Since Thales is an engineering company solutions and support revolve around engineering functions. People who lead the business are usually people who have been here for a very long time and know the ins and outs of the way business is done. They are generally professional at the same time quite accommodating and of great help for a new starter. Training and mentoring for the job is given and professional development is encouraged. Work life balance is given importance and managers are generally flexible.

Cons

Since a lot of information and knowledge is heavily centred on a few people their availability is a bottleneck. The organisation is very invested in home grown and external tools, to the point where one can get bogged down with tools alone for a long time. Salary increments are generally below market rates.

5. "Personal Assistant"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Bendigo

I have been working at Thales full-time for less than a year

Pros

What a great place to work! It is a place that encourages creativity, opportunities and new ideas! A wonderful start for any Graduate leaving uni, or a fabulous next career step for whatever the role. I feel extremely fortunate to work for such a people promoting company. We support each other here.

Cons

You can enjoy being so project focussed - and lets face it, it doesn't get much better than the manufacturing of protected vehicles - that sometimes, you can find yourself giving yourself over to your work life balance.

6. "I recommend working at Thales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Thales full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting and interesting projects, good work-life balance and friendly team environment

Cons

No single sign on so getting into applications can take some time

"Old School"

1.0
    Former Employee - Corporate in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Thales full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company makes products that change the world.

Cons

Culture is non-existent, work force is ageing and heavily male dominated, most of which are stuck in last century. Very little cohesion across business units and inconsistent systems and processes. They promote work-life balance but it's not reality. Senior management are put on a pedestal and you're not treated like or seen as an equal - and this goes against everything I believe in.

Continue reading
  8. "Thales Australia- PRV"

2.0
    Current Employee - Purchasing Agent in Brisbane

I have been working at Thales full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance if you can stay on top of your workload Nice work spaces Provide learning and personal growth courses, however, it normally doesn't align with your personal career aspirations.

Cons

Many, refer below Basically good if you are happy to have a permanent, secure job and don't want to progress any further in your career.

9. "Prject planner"

Current Employee - Project Planner in Manama

I have been working at Thales full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Life balance is good

Cons

General no major comments in the company

10. "good"

Former Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Noida

I worked at Thales full-time

Pros

very friendly environment and good work-life balance

Cons

do not rehire or shuffle in the organization

Found 88 reviews