The Body Shop Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.2
The Body Shop CEO David Boynton
David Boynton
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper Management (regional), Forced Sales(in 49 reviews)

• "as a freelance designer I don't get a discount through the body shop only for full time or part time(in 34 reviews)

"Like a big family, well rounded training programme and good company culture"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chatswood

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay you to attend various training courses, i.e. make up, skin care, sales essential. They are environmentally friendly, it is a company with good ethics. Company culture is great.

Cons

Limited career advancement, unless you want to stay in retail for good.

The Body Shop2013-11-14
  2. "It was okay"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Body Shop full-time

Pros

Great discount Nice customers The company stands for great things There many opportunities to advance

Cons

Management takes advantage of workers Unfair expectations fall on some workers and not others Management has favourite staff members that affects how they treat other staff

Advice to Management

Don't let who your friends are affect how you treat your other staff members because in the end they will leave because they are fed up.

The Body Shop2019-02-04
  3. "Manipulative Management"

Former Employee - Customer Consultant

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employee discounts/perks. Generous salary. Selling ethical products that are vegetarian and vegan was a plus. Customers are generally lovely.

Cons

The management was shocking. Managers didn't communicate properly on many things, they lied and manipulated me to get me to work more hours than I was physically able to. Shifts were cut off and I was let go with no explanation. High turn over of staff in store. General disorganisation constantly in the way rosters were arranged, training was organised and products were changed.

Advice to Management

The managers here need to take more care in the way they treat their staff. I felt manipulated and used in my time here and felt that my time spent training was highly wasted. Managers need to work on communication, respect and encouraging general workplace harmony as I felt highly disappointed with my experience. If you're working with a company that advertises themselves as being so ethical and moral in their actions...

The Body Shop2019-02-28
  4. "Positive Company Culture"

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Positive, friendly company culture - Strong sense of values and corporate responsibility eg. volunteering program - Lots of cultural benefits such as subsidized weekly yoga, massage etc.

Cons

- Flat organizational structure - Limited career growth/ hard to get promoted

The Body Shop2018-08-06
  5. "Not so good for my body (life)"

Current Employee - Casual Beauty Advisor in Doncaster
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I've met some lovely people

Cons

I was hired as a full time assistant manager. After just under a year I decided to return to Uni, so stepped down to casual. After a couple of months they hired a bunch of new people that the store definitely did not need (casuals and part-timers). They called this move "future proofing the business", which not a single person in-store received well. This resulted in minimal hours being left for casuals. I now am lucky...

Advice to Management

As an employer you have a responsibility to your staff to ensure that they are okay. You've now lost three super experienced casuals because you wanted to "future proof the business". It's not acceptable and it's really changed my opinion on the ethics of the business. You may be looking after people in community trade countries, but you aren't looking after your floor staff here in Australia.

The Body Shop2017-08-20

"work experience"

I have been working at The Body Shop

Pros

got to use some of the hand creams

Cons

literally all you do is clean . On my last day I was shown the cash register but i did not serve any customers. Also you get paid only $5 a day most of the days were really lonely and boring , as not too many customers came .

The Body Shop2017-01-17
  7. "Fantastic, if your team is strong."

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time

Pros

50% off products for full and part time, 25% off for casuals. Pays above award wages. Great team (usually)

Cons

No commission, but very sales focused. Managers will push you to cross sell, link sell, up sell and the rest. General retail annoyances. Constant stock issues with alot of products being unavailailable for months.

Advice to Management

Ease up on your staff to push the hard sells. Give casual staff more than 3 hours a week, this will help them and you. Better computer systems to help with OOS problems. Bring back satsuma. Haha.

The Body Shop2016-12-11
  8. "Sales Consultant"

I worked at The Body Shop full-time

Pros

Discounts, great products, being a part of a company which promoted ethical values

Cons

Pressure selling, no commission, terrible pay

Advice to Management

A performance based commission scheme is the best way to provide incentive for sales people to sell more. Few employees see the value of selling more for the same pay.

The Body Shop2016-09-25
  9. "Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at The Body Shop

Pros

Good working environment, big discounts on the cosmetics

Cons

lack of the consistency rules amongst the other shops, limited access to the rules and regulations for the entry access employees. It depends more on likes and style of the current manager in the shop.

Advice to Management

Access to the learning of the platform for all the employees. Improvement on communication what's going on in the company and what is expected of the employees.

The Body Shop2016-08-31
  10. "Good Experience"

I have been working at The Body Shop

Pros

Learnt a lot about financial reporting.

Cons

Interns do not get paid for working there.

Advice to Management

Pay interns.

The Body Shop2016-03-07