The CBORD Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

The CBORD Group Reviews

Updated 9 Sep 2019

Found 110 reviews

4.2
The CBORD Group CEO Jim Hoefflin (no image)
Jim Hoefflin
Cons
  1. "CBORD has been a great place to work so far!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Duluth, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are very diverse - race, gender, beliefs, personalities, skill sets, work styles. The environment is corporate without being stuffy, and there is flexibility in work hours when personal conflicts arise. Employees are empowered to think for themselves and make decisions without being micromanaged. My manager tells me what I'm accountable for but she doesn't dictate how I do it. It's refreshing to... be able to come up with new ideas and fresh approaches and actually be encouraged to implement them. High-paced culture is stimulating. Needed tools and resources to get things done are provided quickly. My manager and co-workers are always helpful. The onboarding program is the best I've had at a company. It's a little overwhelming with all the information you get, but you learn a bit about all departments and get to meet people in leadership you don't see day to day. Pay is competitive. Medical benefits are pretty average, but other benefits like PTO, 401k are decent. They also provide 3 days per year off for philanthropy work on your own, which is a first for me.

Cons

The office environment is very open, which can be frustrating when trying to focus. People would be more productive in a less open environment. Cell phone reimbursement is less than monthly bill.

Advice to Management

Look at ways to provide a less-distracting environment for employees or "quiet" areas to work when needed. Might consider increasing cell phone reimbursement or provide company cell phone plan.

The CBORD Group2019-08-10

September 10, 2019VP HR

The Company cultivates a culture of diversity and acceptance. The open workspace provides team members the ability to collaborate and communicate, but quiet spaces are provided.

"CBORD- Bad Vendor, Bad Employer"

Former Employee - Implementation

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great clients, great fellow employees

Cons

I went from client, to employee, back to client again and they treat their clients just as poorly as they treat their employees. This is a company that simply buys a market and sit on it. There is no innovation, no enhancements, no drive to change out-dated products and services. For many years I was the face that the clients yelled at, but now that I'm back in the role of client I get the frustration and I am... actively trying to replace every single CBORD product and service. Don't settle for a company that doesn't care about you whether you work with them or for them. Even when you share your frustrations with them, they do not listen. -Insurance is way too high -Monthly cell/internet reimbursements don't even cover the basic fee telecom companies charge -Salaries do not reflect actual work, background, success, or changes in responsibilities -Leadership is just a ship full of good ol' white boys

Advice to Management

Listen to your clients, listen to your employees. Provide products and services that are consistent with customer wants and needs. Stop ignoring requests for enhancements and platform changes and develop something new and innovative.

The CBORD Group2019-09-09

September 17, 2019VP HR

Contrary to this reviewer’s opinion, the Company and its Senior Leaders take seriously the feedback and the frustrations of customers and employees. We work every day to collaboratively improve services and products with dedicated, professional teams who strive to provide responsive ...

3. "Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for this company for less than a year. I like the company and their culture. You have the opportunity to learn and grow. Its more diverse. Managers care for their employees. They make sure you are getting everything to accomplish your job. I also like the flexibility and working from home opportunity when ever necessary.

Cons

So far I didn't see any cons.

The CBORD Group2019-07-30

August 6, 2019VP HR

CBORD is a progressive culture, team members are encouraged to learn and ask questions, offer solutions, and communicate openly with their leaders.

4. "Software Engineer"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The CBORD Group

Pros

Love the corworkers and the cutting edge projects I am working on. The environment is fast paced. There is room for growing and the company offers performance based bonuses which are paid every quarter. Despite the big changes two years ago the employees and management have been able to keep the company afloat with some interesting projects in the pipeline. The vacation package is great.

Cons

Can sometimes feel understaffed A lot of projects to work on which can be overwhelming

The CBORD Group2019-08-13

September 10, 2019VP HR

CBORD promotes and encourages team members' collaborative suggestions to its services and products. The company and culture seeks continuous improvement and this can make for a fast paced but always dynamic work environment!

5. "Great company with several opportunities for growth."

Current Employee - IT Frontline Support in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with the company for three months, and I am very glad I chose to work here. The factor that differentiates CBORD from other companies is the culture they promote within. The IT leadership team cares about you. I am very happy to be a member of the IT group.

Cons

There are not any cons.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do what you are already doing.

The CBORD Group2019-07-16

August 6, 2019VP HR

It's great to read a review from a newer team member! Feedback is important!

6. "Great Place to build a career"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I've gotten to work on a lot of different frameworks - Also got the opportunity to work with other teams on developing new functionality. - There's a lot of good senior developers here that are open to giving you advice and serve as great mentors.

Cons

- none so far.

Advice to Management

Love the direction the company is going in. I definitely feel apart of the CBORD family and enjoy every day I'm at work.

The CBORD Group2019-07-08

August 6, 2019VP HR

The experience of senior team members, some of whom have worked for the company for more than 20 years, is invaluable in teaching new team members and carrying on the development of new services and products.

7. "Like to work at CBORD group"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

have been with the company for three months, and I am very glad I chose to work here. The culture they promote within the company is very heathy and friendly . The leadership team cares about you. I am very happy to be a member of the IT group

Cons

There are no cons to list

Advice to Management

Please continue to do what you are already doing.

The CBORD Group2019-07-17

August 6, 2019VP HR

The perspective of newer employees is a great mirror to the company and to the principles we value in the DREAMculture. Maintaining that enthusiasm for work, developing one's career and staying engaged each day is integral to the success of the company, but important to growth as ...

8. "This Company Reorganizes Good Work"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have not worked for a company that promotes from within like CBORD! They also have some good benefits.

Cons

There are a lot of current projects that go on at the same time. Sometimes it is hard to prioritize what you are working on.

Advice to Management

Keep on with the building of the concept of the DREAM team. It is working and it shows.

The CBORD Group2019-07-03
  9. "highly recommended to those who seek a long-term and promising career"

I have been working at The CBORD Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

pleasant and responsive interview process people are very friendly and willing to help always caring for personal career growth fun working environment that makes the transition of adopting a new working place quite smooth

Cons

don't have any opinion so far

The CBORD Group2019-06-14

July 3, 2019VP HR

The company strives to build relationships with team members before and after the hiring process. Career Development is part of the culture, and team members are encouraged to discuss growth opportunities with their managers.

10. "Good Enough"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good People, Teamwork, and Great Customers

Cons

Under New Management and new Markets

Advice to Management

Support you staff

The CBORD Group2019-05-19

June 4, 2019VP HR

The Company has undergone changes in the past 2 years and transitioning to a new culture that supports team members.

Found 110 reviews