The CBORD Group Reviews

Updated 29 Dec 2020

3.8
The CBORD Group President Jim Hoefflin (no image)
Jim Hoefflin
Pros
Cons
  • "New upper management, new merger(in 10 reviews)

• "Very demanding workplace with little to no resources that are needed to perform duties of work required(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great place!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ithaca, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart people work here now

Cons

limited upward mobility in jobs

January 13, 2021VP HR

At CBORD, Our Senior Leadership Team, supervisors, and team members are enthusiastic about growing and developing through technological innovations, professional career development, and training . We offer several company benefits to encourage continuous growth and active movement, including an abundance of LinkedIn Learning courses and our monthly DREAMlearn Series. Open communication and transparency are cornerstones of the DREAMculture, and leaders at every level encourage open communication.

2. "Decent company to start in IT"

2.0
    Current Employee - Tech Support Specialist in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company does a decent job of trying to appear as though they care about their employees, OK benefits, 401k match, health, vision, dental. Good PTO benefits even starting out.

Cons

Recent company restructuring and overreaching for new sales and pushing new product features before fixing things that are broken. "You have to do the job to get the job" results in underpaid and underappreciated work.

January 13, 2021VP HR

We offer our employees robust benefits including: generous vacation days, personal days, sick days, and 10 holidays as paid time off. Additionally, our company will pay our employees three business days to serve at a qualified and approved organization. We offer yearly Wellness Reimbursement benefits to encourage, motivate, and challenge team members to take an active interest in their health. Employees also have access to an abundance of courses through LinkedIn Learning. And we offer an impressive company contribution match for employees investing in their 401(k) through Vanguard. We continue to make innovations and therefore reorganize some areas of the Company to appropriately correspond to our exciting changes. Our Senior Leadership Team, supervisors, and team members at many levels are enthusiastic about growing and developing our Company through technological advances, career development, and pertinent training courses.

3. COVID-19

"Company that supports its employees"

Current Employee - Marketing Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CBORD really cares about its team members - the way the company and management have handled the effects of the pandemic on the business has been great. Employees flipped to remote working without missing a beat, and the consistent communication and support from leadership keeps everyone engaged. The management culture here is great - employees know what their goals are and are empowered with some decision-making on how to get there. People are held to a high standard, and challenged to be resourceful instead of being spoon-fed information. Leaders are down-to-earth, co-workers are great and people really care about their work! The culture encourages recognition of your co-workers with public "shout outs" on the company extranet - it's a very positive environment. On the other hand, if you like a planned out day without diversions, and constantly shifting priorities bothers you, you may not love working here. The pace is fast and there is no shortage of work to do!

Cons

There is not a lot of standard processes documented, and much of what does exist is outdated. There are multiple places (intranets, network folders, LMS, extranet, sharepoint) to get information and sometimes it's difficult to know where to look for what. There are too many meetings, worse since the pandemic and everyone is remote.

January 13, 2021VP HR

The Senior Leadership Team encourages employees at all levels to reach out, ask questions, make suggestions and bring fresh perspectives. The company has offered various places to get information in the past, and we've recently moved from using an interanet/extranet to now using SharePoint for employees to seek all information. We're excited about what the future will bring and what innovations are right around the corner!

4. "Great team, solid leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

Great team, a lot of interesting work, genuine desire by people to do what's best.

Cons

Lots of work! Some people (and technology) still act like it's 2005

October 14, 2020VP HR

Our Senior Leadership Team, supervisors, and team members at many levels are enthusiastic about growing and developing our Company through technological advances, career development, and pertinent training courses. We offer several company benefits to encourage continuous growth and active movement, including an abundance of LinkedIn Learning courses and our monthly DREAMlearn Series

5. "Good Company Going Through Change and Instability"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good offerings and good people

Cons

Improving processes; high turnover on Sales Team

October 14, 2020VP HR

The Senior Leadership Team encourages employees at all levels to reach out, ask questions, make suggestions, and bring fresh perspectives. We have an open-door policy, and all team members are encouraged to speak with their manager, a member of the Senior Leadership Team, or the President with any issues, concerns, or ideas they may have. Open communication and transparency are cornerstones of the DREAMculture.

6. "Meh...."

Former Employee - Technical Support Manager in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

A lot of great people work here (or used to)

Cons

Lower than average salaries, substandard benefits (high copays, high employee cost).

September 4, 2020VP HR

At CBORD, we offer our employees robust benefits including: generous vacation days, personal days, sick days, and 10 holidays as paid time off. Additionally, our company will pay our employees three business days to serve at a qualified and approved organization. We offer yearly Wellness Reimbursement benefits to encourage, motivate, and challenge team members to take an active interest in their health. Employees also have access to an abundance of courses through LinkedIn Learning. And we offer an impressive company contribution match for employees investing in their 401(k) through Vanguard.

7. "Great Company will recommend"

Current Employee - Advisory Business Applications Administrative in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to wok . Excellent senior leadership team.Talented and friendly colleagues.

Cons

Nothing that I can find of

September 4, 2020VP HR

We're glad you think so! Our Senior Leadership Team, supervisors, and team members at many levels are enthusiastic about growing and developing further in their roles and careers with the company.

8. "Great company to work with for long term"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional team, a good mix of technologies, stable business model

Cons

Nothing that I can find

September 4, 2020VP HR

We're glad you're part of the DREAMteam!

9. "Tech Support Generalist"

Current Employee - Tech Support

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed environment caring upper management Fun coworkers and very knowledgeable Work culture is very enthusiastic and encouraging Everyone is willing to learn something knew and share their knowledge Hard work is acknowledged and rewarded

Cons

The trainings are a little out of date but this balances out with the fellow employees constantly willing to teach and share their knowledge

April 2, 2020VP HR

DREAMstart is what we call our new employee orientation, which we host about every month. New team members are given the opportunity to meet senior leaders and learn more in depth about the company in a relaxed atmosphere that fosters communication and learning. Our company invests in its employees from day one, and we believe this cultivates and nourishes our DREAMculture. Our culture revolves around our DREAM values- Dynamic, Restless, Empowered, Accountable, and Mindful. Our employees embody these on a daily basis, and we celebrate these values seen in our employees through giving each other DREAMshouts.

10. "Awesome co-workers."

Former Employee - Senior Director in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent people. Benefits are OK.

Cons

Little in terms of direction and vision from the leadership team. Lots of turnover.

April 2, 2020VP HR

We understand everyone has a different experience where they work. Our Senior Leadership Team encourages employees at all levels to reach out, ask questions, make suggestions, and bring fresh perspectives. We have an open door policy, and we encourage all our employees to share their concerns with their manager, the leadership team, or HR anytime. We offer our employees robust benefits including: generous vacation days, personal days, sick days, and 10 holidays as paid time off. Additionally, our company will pay our employees three business days to serve at a qualified and approved organization. We offer yearly Wellness Reimbursement benefits to encourage, motivate, and challenge team members to take an active interest in their health. Employees also have access to an abundance of courses through LinkedIn Learning. And we offer an impressive company contribution match for employees investing in their 401(k) through Vanguard.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 127 English Reviews