The CBORD Group Reviews

Updated 3 Jun 2020

4.1
The CBORD Group President Jim Hoefflin (no image)
Jim Hoefflin
  1. "Great Company will recommend"

Current Employee - Advisory Business Applications Administrative in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to wok . Excellent senior leadership team.Talented and friendly colleagues.

Cons

Nothing that I can find of

2. "Great company to work with for long term"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional team, a good mix of technologies, stable business model

Cons

Nothing that I can find

3. "Tech Support Generalist"

Current Employee - Tech Support

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed environment caring upper management Fun coworkers and very knowledgeable Work culture is very enthusiastic and encouraging Everyone is willing to learn something knew and share their knowledge Hard work is acknowledged and rewarded

Cons

The trainings are a little out of date but this balances out with the fellow employees constantly willing to teach and share their knowledge

April 2, 2020VP HR

DREAMstart is what we call our new employee orientation, which we host about every month. New team members are given the opportunity to meet senior leaders and learn more in depth about the company in a relaxed atmosphere that fosters communication and learning. Our company invests in its employees from day one, and we believe this cultivates and nourishes our DREAMculture. Our culture revolves around our DREAM values- Dynamic, Restless, Empowered, Accountable, and Mindful. Our employees embody these on a daily basis, and we celebrate these values seen in our employees through giving each other DREAMshouts.

4. "Awesome co-workers."

Former Employee - Senior Director in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent people. Benefits are OK.

Cons

Little in terms of direction and vision from the leadership team. Lots of turnover.

April 2, 2020VP HR

We understand everyone has a different experience where they work. Our Senior Leadership Team encourages employees at all levels to reach out, ask questions, make suggestions, and bring fresh perspectives. We have an open door policy, and we encourage all our employees to share their concerns with their manager, the leadership team, or HR anytime. We offer our employees robust benefits including: generous vacation days, personal days, sick days, and 10 holidays as paid time off. Additionally, our company will pay our employees three business days to serve at a qualified and approved organization. We offer yearly Wellness Reimbursement benefits to encourage, motivate, and challenge team members to take an active interest in their health. Employees also have access to an abundance of courses through LinkedIn Learning. And we offer an impressive company contribution match for employees investing in their 401(k) through Vanguard.

"Great company with a great on-boarding process"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

The company has really modernized their offerings to customers which has really helped the company grow. Depending on the position, they allow you to work remote. The benefits are great. You even get some paid volunteer days.

Cons

Some turnover in some areas. It's a little disruptive.

December 16, 2019VP HR

The Company continues to develop products to meet our customers' needs an remain competitive. The paid Volunteer days are one of the cultural beliefs we promote and encourage and all team members can fully participate.

"Great company, horrible dept"

4.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

President is great Company has good benefits Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Clear disconnect between corporate and tech support Micro managing department lead Lower pay

January 13, 2020VP HR

The Senior Leadership Team encourages employees at all levels to reach out, ask questions, make suggestions and bring fresh perspectives. Managers communicate and give feedback in different ways; at times employees may need closer supervision and coaching; open communication and transparency are cornerstones of the DREAMculutre.

7. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Sr leadership team who values feedback from all levels of employees Great benefits including generous PTO Talented and friendly colleagues Dreamstart program that gives new employees chance to hear from and speak to Senior leadership all the way up to the CEO in a 2 day dedicated orientation program

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

December 16, 2019VP HR

Our Onboarding program is a major initiative that is strongly supported by senior leadership. We invest in not only new team members but also valued veteran employees who bring experience and added leadership. Giving employees a strong foundation shows commitment to and belief in our cultural values.

8. "Refreshing company to join"

4.0
    Current Employee - IT Director in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Joining a company that actually care's about the employees, has been a highlight of my experience thus far. The on-boarding process is not only thorough and enjoyable but engaging as well. It is not often that you join a company and within the first few weeks of your employment, you get to enjoy meeting face to face, the leadership of the company. The transparency and openness is truly refreshing.

Cons

I have yet to find a downside working here. There is a lot to do and a lot needing to be accomplished, I enjoy that as a part of the challenge and journey.

January 13, 2020VP HR

The DREAMstart New Hire Orientation program is a very successful onboarding program and very important to welcoming new employees. New team members are given the opportunity to meet senior leaders and learn more in depth about the company in a relaxed atmosphere that fosters communication and learning. The company invests in its employees from day one.

"Not a great place of work"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great Co-workers - Easy to learn products - Okay Culture

Cons

Pretty much everything else is a con. The company doesn't care about you, especially when you work support. You are a pawn in their game of chess. Management doesn't help you succeed in your position, or allow you to grow. Micromanagement becomes very high on the list, even if you already push yourself for 8 hours a day. They expect you to work more than 8 hours due to the lack of technicians and experience. HR will chime in and mention how none of this is true and that this company is great to work for and be a cheerleader, but the fact of the matter is, its not a good company to work for. CEO only cares about money, not employees, and that trickles down the chain to managers who treat you like slaves. They would also rather hire new techs who do not know the product at a higher wage than someone that has been within the company for more than 5+ years.

December 16, 2019VP HR

The Company does value work-life balance and respects employees' time; at times there is need to go above and beyond in order to deliver responsive customer service, this is true of all employees in all departments. Management and Senior Leaders value and support Career Development and it is each team member's choice and opportunity to work with his/her manager to develop, learn, and grow. Transparency and communication are also valued and every team member can voice opinions and make suggestions to improve teams and processes.

10. "Great Company-Amazing culture/value focus"

Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Culture/Value focus -Development -Transparent Executive team with great initiatives -Open mindset to change/ New ideas and perspectives

Cons

No cons to report at this time

October 8, 2019VP HR

The DREAMculture at CBORD encourages communication, accountability and innovation. Team members are encouraged to bring new ideas and challenge the status quo. Developing our team members and watching them grow and succeed is a major value!

Found 121 reviews