The CBORD Group Reviews

Updated 3 Jun 2020

3.8
The CBORD Group President Jim Hoefflin (no image)
Jim Hoefflin
  1. "Great Company will recommend"

Current Employee - Advisory Business Applications Administrative in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to wok . Excellent senior leadership team.Talented and friendly colleagues.

Cons

Nothing that I can find of

2. "Great company to work with for long term"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional team, a good mix of technologies, stable business model

Cons

Nothing that I can find

3. "Tech Support Generalist"

Current Employee - Tech Support

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relaxed environment caring upper management Fun coworkers and very knowledgeable Work culture is very enthusiastic and encouraging Everyone is willing to learn something knew and share their knowledge Hard work is acknowledged and rewarded

Cons

The trainings are a little out of date but this balances out with the fellow employees constantly willing to teach and share their knowledge

April 2, 2020VP HR

DREAMstart is what we call our new employee orientation, which we host about every month. New team members are given the opportunity to meet senior leaders and learn more in depth about the company in a relaxed atmosphere that fosters communication and learning. Our company invests in its employees from day one, and we believe this cultivates and nourishes our DREAMculture. Our culture revolves around our DREAM values- Dynamic, Restless, Empowered, Accountable, and Mindful. Our employees embody these on a daily basis, and we celebrate these values seen in our employees through giving each other DREAMshouts.

"Great company with a great on-boarding process"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

The company has really modernized their offerings to customers which has really helped the company grow. Depending on the position, they allow you to work remote. The benefits are great. You even get some paid volunteer days.

Cons

Some turnover in some areas. It's a little disruptive.

December 16, 2019VP HR

The Company continues to develop products to meet our customers' needs an remain competitive. The paid Volunteer days are one of the cultural beliefs we promote and encourage and all team members can fully participate.

5. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Sr leadership team who values feedback from all levels of employees Great benefits including generous PTO Talented and friendly colleagues Dreamstart program that gives new employees chance to hear from and speak to Senior leadership all the way up to the CEO in a 2 day dedicated orientation program

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

December 16, 2019VP HR

Our Onboarding program is a major initiative that is strongly supported by senior leadership. We invest in not only new team members but also valued veteran employees who bring experience and added leadership. Giving employees a strong foundation shows commitment to and belief in our cultural values.

6. "Great Company-Amazing culture/value focus"

Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Culture/Value focus -Development -Transparent Executive team with great initiatives -Open mindset to change/ New ideas and perspectives

Cons

No cons to report at this time

October 8, 2019VP HR

The DREAMculture at CBORD encourages communication, accountability and innovation. Team members are encouraged to bring new ideas and challenge the status quo. Developing our team members and watching them grow and succeed is a major value!

7. "CBORD has been a great place to work so far!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Duluth, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are very diverse - race, gender, beliefs, personalities, skill sets, work styles. The environment is corporate without being stuffy, and there is flexibility in work hours when personal conflicts arise. Employees are empowered to think for themselves and make decisions without being micromanaged. My manager tells me what I'm accountable for but she doesn't dictate how I do it. It's refreshing to be able to come up with new ideas and fresh approaches and actually be encouraged to implement them. High-paced culture is stimulating. Needed tools and resources to get things done are provided quickly. My manager and co-workers are always helpful. The onboarding program is the best I've had at a company. It's a little overwhelming with all the information you get, but you learn a bit about all departments and get to meet people in leadership you don't see day to day. Pay is competitive. Medical benefits are pretty average, but other benefits like PTO, 401k are decent. They also provide 3 days per year off for philanthropy work on your own, which is a first for me.

Cons

The office environment is very open, which can be frustrating when trying to focus. People would be more productive in a less open environment. Cell phone reimbursement is less than monthly bill.

September 10, 2019VP HR

The Company cultivates a culture of diversity and acceptance. The open workspace provides team members the ability to collaborate and communicate, but quiet spaces are provided.

8. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for this company for less than a year. I like the company and their culture. You have the opportunity to learn and grow. Its more diverse. Managers care for their employees. They make sure you are getting everything to accomplish your job. I also like the flexibility and working from home opportunity when ever necessary.

Cons

So far I didn't see any cons.

August 6, 2019VP HR

CBORD is a progressive culture, team members are encouraged to learn and ask questions, offer solutions, and communicate openly with their leaders.

9. "Great company with several opportunities for growth."

Current Employee - IT Frontline Support in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with the company for three months, and I am very glad I chose to work here. The factor that differentiates CBORD from other companies is the culture they promote within. The IT leadership team cares about you. I am very happy to be a member of the IT group.

Cons

There are not any cons.

August 6, 2019VP HR

It's great to read a review from a newer team member! Feedback is important!

10. "Great Place to build a career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I've gotten to work on a lot of different frameworks - Also got the opportunity to work with other teams on developing new functionality. - There's a lot of good senior developers here that are open to giving you advice and serve as great mentors.

Cons

- none so far.

August 6, 2019VP HR

The experience of senior team members, some of whom have worked for the company for more than 20 years, is invaluable in teaching new team members and carrying on the development of new services and products.

Found 121 reviews