The CBORD Group Reviews

Updated 25 Aug 2020

3.8
The CBORD Group President Jim Hoefflin (no image)
Jim Hoefflin
  1. "highly recommended to those who seek a long-term and promising career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

pleasant and responsive interview process people are very friendly and willing to help always caring for personal career growth fun working environment that makes the transition of adopting a new working place quite smooth

Cons

don't have any opinion so far

VP HR

The company strives to build relationships with team members before and after the hiring process. Career Development is part of the culture, and team members are encouraged to discuss growth opportunities with their managers.

2. "Good Enough"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good People, Teamwork, and Great Customers

Cons

Under New Management and new Markets

VP HR

The Company has undergone changes in the past 2 years and transitioning to a new culture that supports team members.

"Good Products Complicated Processes"

Former Employee - Inside Account Representative in Duluth, GA

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good products for Higher Ed and Healthcare markets.

Cons

Convoluted and difficult internal processes

VP HR

CBORD continues to improve on its processes to make them more streamlined and efficient. Team members are encouraged to suggest improvements.

"Old Methods, but trying hard to make a change"

Current Employee - Director in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Company CEO came in 2 years ago and has shaken up the way we do things. The message let's innovate something new and avoid industry disruptions. * Company culture is great... people like working with each other, even if we disagree sometimes * Everyone has a passion for the industries we serve. * People here are always willing to help, you just have to ask * We work on some really cool ideas in a really challenging/interesting set of industries * Very many here are excited about modernizing how we do our work * One person can affect change at CBORD

Cons

* Old ways (feeding the legacy products we have and customers who use them) are still fighting with a desire to progress into a modern software design organization * While the company supports life outside of work, each person carries a large workload--work quality suffers at times

VP HR

CBORD has experienced fresh change and exciting growth and our vision is to continue to move forward with innovations and improved products. Team members are invited to contribute new ideas and to challenge old ideas. The DREAMculure at CBORD is accountable and transparent; everyone works hard and builds on a team mindset.

5. "Great company to work for if you want to feel empowered and make an impact!"

Current Employee - Director in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Medium size company that is currently in the change of direction towards more dynamic , visionary market leader. You will be an agent of change and will be empowered! Nice folks to be around, great leadership! The hiring and on-boarding process is superb! Not in many companies you will have a 2 days on-boarding sessions, where you will get a full overview of the company, it's departments and you will have the opportunity to talk the leaders, including CEO. Join the DREAMteam and bring your energy and excitement!

Cons

The change is not easy on some long time employees.

VP HR

CBORD's DREAMstart New Hire Orientation is created so that our new team members get the best start possible and feel they are part of a dynamic culture. Our company President and Sr. Leadership fully participate in welcoming new employees.

6. "Fantastic Company! Best career change I've ever made"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at CBORD for a short time now but the culture here is fantastic. The team collaboration I have experienced here is one of. I've read several negative reviews here on Glassdoor about CBORD that I don't get. I'm not sure where those individuals worked because I haven't met anyone that wasn't just absolutely pleasant to work with. There are lots of different personalities and certainly some don't connect well but that's life. It's takes all kinds of people to make a company work. I think the Senior Leadership team is by far one of the best I have interacted with in a long time. I appreciate the focus on innovation and the true open door policy. The president of the company gave me personal cell phone number. What more could you ask for regarding openness and transparency? And I have to say, no where have I ever experienced an onboarding program like DREAMstart where the President and all the Senior Leaders take time to sit down and interact with you personally no matter where you start in the company. It's true humble servant leadership. It's so far the best experience I have ever had and I am so glad I made the move to CBORD. It truly feels like a company I can retire from.

Cons

There aren't really any cons. There are challenges but that comes with any job. It's called opportunities for improvement and lots of different personalities working together. There's bound to be some conflicting personalities. Shifting a culture at a company takes time but I think the senior leadership team has done a great job so far and I am confident it will continue to get even better.

Continue reading

"Decent Company, but has its issues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

Nice, friendly people Benefits and time off are nice

Cons

Low starting salary compared to everywhere else in the area. DREAM culture is a bit overblown and annoying. Mandatory online training about ethics is almost useless and I feel like it does not benefit any employee. Corporate culture means it takes much longer to get anything done. CBORD in general, but especially development, is made up of many small teams that work under the same roof but DO NOT act as one company/team. Some people are stuck in their old ways and it can be hard to convince them to adopt the industry best standards. Old software with legacy code written decades ago

VP HR

CBORD has gone through some changes and we are striving to improve communication and transparency across all departments. New leadership has implemented changes in Development and other departments as well.

8. "Overall, good company. Moving in the right direction."

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

After some turbulent times, the company is stabilizing. They are hiring.

Cons

Things were very shaky for the past couple of years. Lots of people left or were let go. Hoping the worst is behind us.

VP HR

CBORD's senior leadership has infused new life into the company with new progressive programs, better employee recognition, and new products and services. The DREAMculture promotes openness and innovation, communication and accountability from the top down.

9. "Great stability, with agility and flexibility close to a startup"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company has been around longer than most software companies. - Company cares about its employees, and even allows them to donate back to the community with company time. - Flexible work schedule. - Excellent work/life balance. - Great people, who are nice and friendly. - Excellent training opportunities. - Transparent leadership/management, who listens to their employees. - Company is headed in a great direction, using emerging but stable technologies. - They're very interested in employee retention, and there are some employees who have been there for many years. - Benefits, PTO are good.

Cons

I haven't found any cons, but I hear their direction has been improving with recent leadership changes that happened before I was hired.

Continue reading
  10. "Overall great place to work"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Is flexible with work hours. Good appreciation for work/life balance. Benefits, PTO are good. Work is challenging and interesting.

Cons

The acquisition by Rope has made it a more corporate environment. Harder to deal with purchase orders, etc. Red tape that one might expect.

VP HR

CBORD provides progressive and competitive employee perks and benefits, including paternity leave, paid volunteer hours, Wellness benefits and other benefits. Our team members have fully embraced these and we see positive feedback

Found 122 reviews