The CBORD Group Software Engineer Intern Reviews

Updated 12 Mar 2020

4.6
The CBORD Group President Jim Hoefflin (no image)
Jim Hoefflin
  1. "Great place to for a busy college student to get real experience!"

Current Intern - Intern Marketing in Boston, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The CBORD Group for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours work around your class/work schedule, paid program, and small intern size means your voice is HEARD! Great leadership from my boss (Ben Ryan) and everyone was easy to connect with. CBORD definitely tries to take care of its student interns, and I would say they succeeded! Awesome way to get experience, get involved in higher education, and gain understanding of sales, marketing, commerce, and creative.

Cons

You must be self-motivated! No slacking or procrastinating here, so if you need additional help or motivation, I don't recommend it.

Continue reading

The CBORD Group Response

VP HR

Our Senior Leadership Team, supervisors, and team members at many levels are enthusiastic about growing and developing further in their roles and careers. We offer several company benefits to encourage continuous growth and active movement, including an abundance of LinkedIn Learning courses and our monthly DREAMlearn Series

2. "CBORD extended family"

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern

I have been working at The CBORD Group for more than a year

Pros

Very innovative, caring, and fun place to work at. It tends to feel more like an extended family than the standard corporate culture. Supervisors are easy to approach and understanding of any questions or issues that you might have.

Cons

Pay is a bit lower than most other internships for similar positions.

The CBORD Group Response

VP HR

Great feedback!

3. "Great for those wanting to learn!"

4.0
    Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Waco, TX

I have been working at The CBORD Group for more than a year

Pros

There are small teams and a large product, you will dive right in working on code that matters and customers will touch. The learning curve is high, but you'll get so much out of it!

Cons

It can be daunting going into so much existing code, but the team is super helpful and will be more than willing to fill in any and all gaps. The salary isn't as high as some other companies, but it also isn't bad!

4. "College Summer Internship"

4.0
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Waco, TX

I worked at The CBORD Group for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working at CBORD Waco for several reasons. As a college intern I was able to learn a lot from working with a company that develops and supports professional software. The opportunity to work on an actual project that the company will continue to use adds motivation to my work. Furthermore, the office culture is very friendly and I felt that I was able to get to know some of the full-time employees. Throughout my time at CBORD Waco I felt respected and that the work that I was doing is important.

Cons

I do wish that I had more oversight on the project I was working on. Some of the guidelines were not as clear as I would have liked, and as a college student who is still learning the ropes in the software development world, more professional insight and structure would be beneficial.

Continue reading
  5. "great work culture"

Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Syracuse, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The CBORD Group for less than a year

Pros

good size, lots of room to grow. good management and infrastructure

Cons

didnt find any.worked short term

6. "Software Development Intern"

Former Intern - Software Development Intern in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group for less than a year

Pros

Very nice Manger.Everybody know each other by first names.warm welcome. Appreciating and acknowledging

Cons

It was internship so don't know about benifits.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews