The CBORD Group Software Engineer Reviews

Updated 2 Dec 2019

4.9
The CBORD Group President Jim Hoefflin (no image)
Jim Hoefflin
  1. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent Sr leadership team who values feedback from all levels of employees Great benefits including generous PTO Talented and friendly colleagues Dreamstart program that gives new employees chance to hear from and speak to Senior leadership all the way up to the CEO in a 2 day dedicated orientation program

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

December 16, 2019VP HR

Our Onboarding program is a major initiative that is strongly supported by senior leadership. We invest in not only new team members but also valued veteran employees who bring experience and added leadership. Giving employees a strong foundation shows commitment to and belief in our cultural values.

2. "Review of Software Engineer Intern position"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Waco, TX

I worked at The CBORD Group for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, with a lot of guidance and help available at all times. Friendly team with positive and motivating attitudes from the very first day. Structured daily workflow, with a lot of built in time for team discussions on problem solving and improving performance. Good opportunities for individual ideas to be heard, discussed, and potentially implemented.

Cons

Office is a little difficult to find on the first day.

Continue reading

October 8, 2019VP HR

The company and leadership encourages internships and continuous learning. Our Senior leaders and supervisors, and team members at every level are enthusiastic about teaching and guiding and providing solid work experiences.

3. "CBORD extended family"

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern

I have been working at The CBORD Group for more than a year

Pros

Very innovative, caring, and fun place to work at. It tends to feel more like an extended family than the standard corporate culture. Supervisors are easy to approach and understanding of any questions or issues that you might have.

Cons

Pay is a bit lower than most other internships for similar positions.

September 10, 2019VP HR

Great feedback!

4. "Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for this company for less than a year. I like the company and their culture. You have the opportunity to learn and grow. Its more diverse. Managers care for their employees. They make sure you are getting everything to accomplish your job. I also like the flexibility and working from home opportunity when ever necessary.

Cons

So far I didn't see any cons.

August 6, 2019VP HR

CBORD is a progressive culture, team members are encouraged to learn and ask questions, offer solutions, and communicate openly with their leaders.

5. "Great Place to build a career"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I've gotten to work on a lot of different frameworks - Also got the opportunity to work with other teams on developing new functionality. - There's a lot of good senior developers here that are open to giving you advice and serve as great mentors.

Cons

- none so far.

Continue reading

August 6, 2019VP HR

The experience of senior team members, some of whom have worked for the company for more than 20 years, is invaluable in teaching new team members and carrying on the development of new services and products.

6. "Great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship)
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The CBORD Group for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for those wanting to work on a project that will actually be used by customers. Very modern work environment. The employees are helpful and welcoming. Straight forward interview process.

Cons

It can be a challenge at first, you'll be exposed to a lot of code at once so it can be overwhelming. However, the team is really helpful and will answer any questions you have.

August 6, 2019VP HR

Interns are a regular and important part of the company workforce; not only do they have a great opportunity to learn and further their education, interns also provide fresh perspectives to the company.

7. "highly recommended to those who seek a long-term and promising career"

I have been working at The CBORD Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

pleasant and responsive interview process people are very friendly and willing to help always caring for personal career growth fun working environment that makes the transition of adopting a new working place quite smooth

Cons

don't have any opinion so far

July 3, 2019VP HR

The company strives to build relationships with team members before and after the hiring process. Career Development is part of the culture, and team members are encouraged to discuss growth opportunities with their managers.

8. "Great for those wanting to learn!"

4.0
    Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Waco, TX

I have been working at The CBORD Group for more than a year

Pros

There are small teams and a large product, you will dive right in working on code that matters and customers will touch. The learning curve is high, but you'll get so much out of it!

Cons

It can be daunting going into so much existing code, but the team is super helpful and will be more than willing to fill in any and all gaps. The salary isn't as high as some other companies, but it also isn't bad!

9. "Highly recommend for Baylor Computer Science students"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Waco, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The CBORD Group for less than a year

Pros

Great people. Casual environment. Switch in the break room.

Cons

Some employees' responsibilities are too broad to let them master a single subject. Emphasize working code over well-written code, which often leads to higher maintenance times.

"11 years and counting"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent people to work with throughout the company, both management and regular employees. Ability to work from home for some teams. I've worked for companies both large and small, CBORD isn't perfect, but it is the best that I've worked for.

Cons

Salary could be a little better. We have lost some good people partly because of this.

Found 13 reviews