The MENTOR Network Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

2.4
The MENTOR Network CEO  Bruce Nardella
Bruce Nardella
Pros
Cons
  • "no raises, not even a cost of living increase in 5 years(in 67 reviews)

• "Upper management is disconnected from the hard work that entry level staff do(in 55 reviews)

1. "Family vibe"

Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros

Great people and really rewarding

Cons

The work never ends and heavy workload.

The MENTOR Network2019-09-28
  2. "Good job"

Former Employee - DSP in Eugene, OR

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay compared to others in area

Cons

Alot of hours available to work

The MENTOR Network2019-09-24

"Cliquey"

Former Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good co workers and benefits

Cons

Cliquey management not welcoming to outsiders

Advice to Management

Be more friendly to newcomers especially in management

The MENTOR Network2019-08-23
  4. "Willing to work with college schedule."

Former Employee - DSP in Bemidji, MN

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consumers were great and I enjoyed them all.

Cons

Some of the co-workers, always short staffed and pay.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

The MENTOR Network2019-08-24

"Overworked, underpaid"

Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits were good for the field

Cons

Too high workload, unrealistic deadlines, was common to work 20+ hours straight and be expected to still do more.

Advice to Management

Reduce the number of homes assigned to a maximum of 3. Give ample time to complete large projects. Was not uncommon to be told this project is due in less than a week. With a very full schedule and making sure all shifts were covered finding time to dedicate, complete, and ensure it was correct- the additional project became difficult.

The MENTOR Network2019-08-17
  6. "Yes"

Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Columbia, SC

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Job pays well room for advancement

Cons

Program Supervisor position you don't have a life. I managed two CTH homes . The policies as for as being displine you automatically will be terminated. In my case suspension would've been better instead of termination..

Advice to Management

My advice would be to have compassion for your staff.

The MENTOR Network2019-08-23
  7. "Test"

Current Employee - DSP in Hayward, CA

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Place to work at.

Cons

Short staff at the moment can lead to long hours.

The MENTOR Network2019-08-21
  8. "Alot of hollow words slung around"

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Rochester, MN

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Individuals you work with can be a treat. Work is fulfilling and worthwhile.

Cons

Pay is not livable in any sense of the word. My tip on this is if states wont bump pay up a little bit, higher ups should lend a hand in this. Turn over is crazy and it not only puts stress on DSPs, but on PS and PDs who have to work 50 to 60 hours weeks and spend less and less time with loved ones Hollowed promises are a big one. Pay increases do not happen. Help does not happen. (unless you are in a workplace... clique) and if you show any semblance that you can be autonomous you will be left to fend for yourself and that includes on the medical/nursing front. I have done nurses jobs because I have never seen a nurse at my house in over a year and I have moses and discus that need to be done. job responsibilities. They are frequently changing and it seems like everyone wants to pay the buck and PS seem to get stuck with a bulk of the work for a fraction of the pay. If there is going to be a restructure of responsibilities, then there should be a type up on it because I feel that my PD doesn't know this and I get stuck doing some of their job as well. Complaining from upper management. This should speak for itself.

Advice to Management

step in more and help out not only the problem houses but make sure your "stable" houses are still stable. I haven't reached out for help because at this point, i dont expect it.

The MENTOR Network2019-09-23

"Highly Toxic Environment"

Current Employee - SSC EMPLOYEE in Lawrence, MA

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

If they don’t destroy your sense of self worth and crush your soul, you will be able to survive almost anything.

Cons

There is no training program for new hires and whatever training is provided is limited and haphazard. There is a robust culture of finger pointing and scapegoating. New hires are frequently blamed for mistakes and made to feel stupid. The company promotes work/life balance but yet turns a blind eye to employees sitting at their desks in tears and forced to work when sick. The insurance benefits are horrendous... with unreasonably high deductibles and exorbitant premiums so employees are forced to get insurance on the open market. Even if they bring you in at a decent pay rate, be forewarned that there are NO raises or bonuses regardless what position you are in. The current staff will eagerly tell you that there haven’t been raises in YEARS. The organization was purchased by a private equity firm earlier this year and they are positioning to sell with anticipated staff reductions. The CEO and CFO have both recently resigned and the company if facing multiple lawsuits. Please do yourself a favor and steer clear of this place.

The MENTOR Network2019-09-21

The MENTOR Network Response

October 1, 2019Employee Experience Team

We are sorry to hear that your experience with The MENTOR Network has not been a positive one. Our goal is to create a supportive and rewarding experience for all employees, from the caregivers who work directly with the people we serve to employees like you, who work behind the scenes to support them. That means making sure you have the training you need to be successful in your role. I hope you will consider speaking to your supervisor or a member of the human resources team about what additional training would help you better perform your job. Your supervisor can also provide insight on how team and individual performance is recognized and rewarded. While we do not have a formal annual wage increase program, there are a number of ways to receive a pay increase, including assuming new responsibilities or receiving a promotion. We recognize how expensive healthcare is for our employees. The MENTOR Network spends more on health care each year, and we are committed to providing employees with valuable benefits while containing costs. You will see several positive changes when it comes time to enroll in benefits for 2020. It’s clear from your comments that we have more work to do to educate employees about what the change in company ownership means for staff. Our CEO and CFO have chosen to retire after 25 and 20 years with the company, respectively, and our CEO will remain a member of our board of directors. The MENTOR Network’s new owners share our commitment to creating better lives for those we serve, and are already making investments that reflect that commitment. I hope you will share any additional feedback with your manager, human resources, or a member of our leadership team. We value the feedback, and are committed to continuously improving the experience we provide to our employees and to those we serve.

10. "LVN"

I worked at The MENTOR Network part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing, don't waste time applying.

Cons

Fresno location, won't disclose which one. Awful employees to train you, make you feel like you're incompetent and stupid. Patients are extremely needy. Too much stress, not worth the headache.

The MENTOR Network2019-09-23