The Mark Travel Corporation Reviews

Updated 29 May 2020

3.7
The Mark Travel Corporation Chairman, President, CEO, and COO William E. La Macchia (no image)
William E. La Macchia
Pros
  • "The Core Values are true to who the organization is(in 18 reviews)

• "Awesome team members and managers(in 10 reviews)

Cons

"The company that was....."

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

When I started with the company Bil Sr was in charge. It was a good company and it just got better over time. Travel benefits were outstanding! Medical and vacation benefits were superior. I was there nearly 20 years and I saw things change dramatically. Note my reviews are of the time I was there, before the down hill slide

Cons

HR personnel were all replaced (or quit) . They were caring people then they put in short sighted idiots. By looking at the review responses I can see Jennifer is one of them. And Bill Jr couldn't ever run a company the way his father did. I have heard they sold out. Probably the best move that could have been done. It seems like they went down the same road that many do into corporate crapsville. Appears that maybe the kids took after their mother and became self serving minions Too bad they took that road. though I am sure they lives of luxury.

Continue reading
  2. "What happens when your no longer a family owned business."

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

Really some of the best coworkers ever.

Cons

Merger changed everything. No longer the same company.

3. "Call center employee"

Former Employee - During Travel Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overtime provided, stable full time work

Cons

Holidays off aren’t realistic, mandatory overtime is draining, difficult to get time off

Continue reading
  4. "Excellent Hiring Process"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

This team is on top of their game! They know exactly who they want to hire and ensure that the process is painless. From the initial phone call with the recruiter, Lindsay, to new hire paperwork....you are informed and welcomed with open arms.

Cons

I can't think of any.

5. "Manager"

4.0

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Many changes happening that, at the surface, is changing the organizations culture

September 11, 2018HR Manager

Hi there, thanks so much for your review. I'm glad to hear you think it's a great company to work for - I tend to agree! There are some big changes happening in our company, but since one of our core values is "Embrace Change," it's one of the things we do best. We know you'll probably see even more change in the future, but we're doing everything we can to be transparent and keep our teams informed. If you have any thoughts, we'd love to hear them. Always feel free to reach out to your leader or HR Manager. - Nikki Wettstein, HR Manager

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Care in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing leadership, great core values, good teamwork.

Cons

Going through a merge, however it has been very positive so far.

September 20, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and letting us know that you are having a good experience with the leadership in Customer Care. We are passionate about communicating and developing our team, living our core values and leading by example. We understand that being in the midst of transition with a merger can be unsettling for some, so it is great to hear that you perceive it as positive so far. Our intention is to continue to keep that positivity going as we continue forward as OneALG. We are here for you and we encourage you to keep the lines of communication open with your leaders and be sure to ASK if you have anything you have on your mind regarding the merger or just in general. - Tracy Genrich - Director, Customer Care

7. "Accounting Clerk"

Current Employee - Accountig Clerk II in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

It appears so far that my coworkers have a pleasant work attitude, Everyone from the hiring director to my coworkers. I'm also told that there are a great activities that the company sponsors.

Cons

Since I'm new I don't see any downside at this time.

8. "Great Company"

5.0

Pros

Truly cares about your growth.

Cons

This company offers a lot of mandatory overtime this may be a lot for some people.

July 17, 2018Manager Corporate Communications

Thanks for taking a moment to share your positive feedback. We are grateful for our hardworking team members and do genuinely care about your growth and development. Whether through learning sessions, our career development program or various wellness activities, it’s great to see that you are aware of the possibilities you have to grow personally and professionally at TMTC. Yes, we agree that overtime can be a lot, but it is one way we deliver the End-to-End Experience to our customers. It is refreshing to know that those overtime opportunities are appreciated. Thanks for embracing our core value of “getting your hands dirty” with all your overtime support.

9. "I love my job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Pros

Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Hiring process was quick, yet informative. Benefits are great as well. I am happy to come into work every morning.

Cons

No cons to report about this workplace.

July 17, 2018Manager Corporate Communications

Wow, it feels great to read a review with such positive remarks! Our recruiting team focuses on getting the right person in the right seat, and it sounds like that’s certainly the case here. When team members love their jobs and enjoy coming to work each morning, it helps us deliver the ultimate End-to-End Experience for our customers, and that is what TMTC was built on. We hope you continue to feel this way and encourage you to share your positive energy with others.

"Good Entry level position"

I worked at The Mark Travel Corporation full-time

Pros

They hire within so you are able to move around in the company. Good Training. Work from home available.

Cons

Pay is low compared to others. work life balance is not the best. Overtime is a good and bad thing. No commission like other companies.

June 15, 2018Manager Corporate Communications

I’m glad you feel that your entry level role within our organization was a good start for you. I wish you would have continued adding value to our team and pursued one of those internal moves you speak about in your comments. We have many stories of team members who have grown with us into flourishing careers. We are continually looking at compensation and market comparisons to make sure we are competitive with salary. In our Customer Care area where roles focus on creating dream vacations for our customers we do go through very busy periods where overtime is available. It sounds like you took advantage of that, but at the same time felt it was too much. I’m hoping you found some ideas for balance through our wellness initiatives. We don’t have entry level roles with a commission, but we do have incentive programs focused on driving sales in different areas and one is happening right now in Customer Care. Thanks again for sharing with others that we may be a good place to start a career in travel. –Shawn, VP – Human Resources

Found 155 reviews