The Sliding Door Company Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Doron Polus

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Terrible training, no advertising"

Former Employee - Sales Support in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Sliding Door Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work alone. Store organized well.

Cons

No advertising. Little walk in traffic. No real training. Expected to sit in the showroom but no way to generae leads because you ar e a prisoner to the showroom. If you do go to a meeting expect to drive your own car with no mileage paid. Very poor pay for the expectations. Commission only paid every three months.
    Showroom filthy, roaches, and spiders. Extremely high turn over. Four people in my position over the last year.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging every detail. Allow some freedom to generate leads. Do some advertising in four years most customers did not even know you were in Calgary.

"Sales Support"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Chatsworth, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Chatsworth, CA (US)

I have been working at The Sliding Door Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Indisputably the best interior door product out there for beauty and functionality and employees are proud to work here. The company is fair and treats its employees with respect. Training is improving significantly and challenges are being met by constantly improving processes. Sales people have amazing showrooms in which to work.

Cons

None. Every employee who puts in the effort is rewarded.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to improve the processes.

"Quality You Can Trust"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at The Sliding Door Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The possibilities as an employee are endless. If you are willing to put the time and effort in, you will succeed as an employee! Corporate is VERY supportive and they provide the best new hire training I have ever received from an employer. From product, to employee satisfaction, the quality behind TSDC is apparent every day I come to work!

Cons

Time difference with HQ being located in California can cause some communication delay here on the East Coast.

"nice company but...."

I worked at The Sliding Door Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers, helpful and knowledgeable (the ones who have stayed, loyal), good hours, good benefits, nice showrooms, nice office, many hard working individuals who truly care about Doron's Company

Cons

high expectations, humans can only do so much in one day , high turn over, new HR management questionable, management new hires not trained efficiently.

Advice to Management

Seasoned long time Managers are fine and respected, new hired within last 9 months or so are shady, sketchy,( ex. read some of the employment ads )HR, please understand your way is not the way of the world all people are allowed to be who they are, you are not our psychologist and you should not pass judgement on others or talk down to your coworkers, you do not own us or pay our paychecks, you are not higher up on the food chain. Example,written in an email "mine and Doron's employees), we are not your employees , we work for the Sliding Door Company, owned by Doron Polus. Advise to HR say Hi and have conversations with all employees not just Upper Management, regular employees, are human beings and your" co workers", we exist, you are an employee just as we are. Do your job of protecting your co workers from threats, discrimination etc. **Message to Doron the CEO/Owner - when the cat is away the mouse shall play. Doron , if this company is yours ,please heed to this message, strange things happen when you are not around, we want you involved, we have missed you.**

5. "Worst Company To work For"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at The Sliding Door Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Product, High quality

Cons

This is the worst company to work for. unprofessional managment skills. This Company is having a hard time finding the right person to lead. This company treats their employers like an object not like a person.

Advice to Management

Find the right person to lead.

"Be prepared."

I worked at The Sliding Door Company full-time

Pros

Great Co-Worker
    Able to work independently

Cons

Process is very long and confusing for clients, lots of back and forth
    No follow up from upper management

Advice to Management

Listen to team members and adopt updated ways to do business. Have managers not care about sales numbers and worry about getting clients happy.

7. "Sales"

I worked at The Sliding Door Company full-time

Pros

Great product sells itself. Great group of employees and employers

Cons

No cons great company to work

"You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The Sliding Door Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team of people to work with. You have the ability to make a great money. You really get out of it what you put in. Someone is always willing to help you. Lots of room to move up if that is what you desire. Great product that sells itself.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but must be self driven and self motivated to succeed. Company has high expectations that can be overwhelming for some.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your team and giving feedback.

"A Supportive Environment that Enhanced Personal Growth"

I worked at The Sliding Door Company full-time

Pros

Great work culture and wonderful people to work with. There were always opportunities to learn and become an efficient worker and team member. Management was always present and provided valuable feedback when necessary which allowed for positive personal growth.

Cons

There were no cons working for this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your staff, as it is a good reminder to inform your employees that they are aligning with the company mission statement.

The Sliding Door Company Response

6 Apr 2018 – HR Assistant

Thank you for your review. We sincerely care about each and every one of our employees. The only way we can continually improve is to carefully listen to our current and former employees. We value... More

"Account Executive (Residential Sales)"

I have been working at The Sliding Door Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company on the rise! Open to positive change! I never once felt that management / ownership did not care about me or my family. Open door policy. Owner knows everyones name and goes out of his way to show that he is indeed interested in how you and your family are doing. Sales manager is extremely supportive and understanding. Support staff is constantly improving.

Cons

Commission structure could be better. You have to work Saturdays.