ThoughtWorks Business Analyst Reviews

1 Rating

"We love it here"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We are all equals. I feel empowered, informed and cared for. I am left to do my job (consulting) in a way that makes sense to me. I get out there and am exposed to real life problems. I get the support I need to get stuff done. The people in our HQ are angels. They preform miracles on a daily basis to support all the crazy stuff we need to do for our clients.

Cons

It is hard work dealing with so many passionate and clever people. Some days I just want to sit by myself to take a breath. It is not perfect but by far the best place I've been at. ThoughtWorks expects a lot of me.

Continue reading
  2. "Friendly company with a fast, fast pace"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with many bright forward thinking people. You are free to set your own mark!

Cons

Can be lots pressure when working on the client's sites

3. "A great place to work."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Quito

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Inclusive environment, talented people, cultivation culture, challenging clients.

Cons

Sometimes stressing work and hard to balance workd and private life.

4. "Great people and always learning"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

- The people hired at ThoughtWorks are diverse, interesting to work with, and easy to work with. Everyone has a different thing to bring to the table and you learn so much from individual people and their experiences. - Culture of always learning something new and pushing yourself. People are willing to help you if you reach out and ask for advice on something, and they go the extra mile to help you in your learning and development - Projects are interesting and varied, great opportunity for travel - Nice offices, fun social events

Cons

You have to ask for support rather than naturally get it - you don't have a direct line manager. This can be difficult when you first join and are trying to navigate, however in the long run it's positive because it encourages you to be proactive in seeking support, advice and feedback.

5. "Not a lot of product and business work"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Barcelona

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

- Nice people and vibe. - Possibility to rotate project every 1-2 years.

Cons

- Positioning of the company is pure tech, not a lot of influence in business/product.

6. "Amazing experience"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Quito

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly work environment, no jerk rule, amazing offices, challenging but doable work load, best values & culture

Cons

Salary could always be better.

7. "Focus on Consulting and Technology, not so much on Product"

Former Employee - Lead Business Analyst in Barcelona

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great environment. - Intelligent and down to earth people to work with. - Empathetic management. - Diverse. - Some interesting projects from Tech perspective. - State of the art in Agile methodologies.

Cons

- Perks behind the market. - Not many fascinating projects for Product roles.

ThoughtWorks Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad you find the people at ThoughtWorks to be down to earth and the organization diverse. Because we're a consultancy, the variety of projects that our consultants will work on always varies. We hope that even though you've moved on to a new role, you found the work to be challenging and that you grew during your time with us.

8. "I am happy and proud to be part of this Family !!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Coimbatore

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Usually when there is an over rated review people think it's from the management side. But this one is from "me" a genuine employee . *Flat structure hierarchy - You will not be bossed by anyone. You are your own boss. Which brings in so much of responsibility and discipline within one selves *The interview process, wasn't "wandering in the woods". Post each round I had a feedback session where they told me about my performance and asked feedback about the interviewers. The interview panel was very diverse to exclude favouritism and partiality. It was very transparent *Humans aren't resources they are treated as humans/People. They are very cautious about it right from the terminology (HRs is not what we call . Its people support team/ people team) *You need not bargain for salary, you are paid well for what you posses. It seems a fair play *You will have enormous opportunity to groom yourselves from crash courses to budget allowance (for study materials and trainings) *You can explore various opportunities, Everyone has the liberty to explore their interest. I have seen people shifting from QA to BA role, to a PM role so on. *Its a diversified culture where not just men and women are treated equally, but other minorities like LGBTQ are celebrated

Cons

This field is irrelevant in my case. Incase i have some concern I have a platform to open up. Because the organisation strongly believes in the feedback culture

9. "A great platform for career development"

Current Employee - Business Analyst From Coimbatore in Coimbatore

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

The transparency with which ThoughtWorks works is really great as anyone can connect to any leadership role for genuine advices or regarding the happenings of the organisation. There are so many events conducted based on multiple roles which helps us understand the current trends of the market. There are ample resources to learn new technologies and guidance from peer group to reflect more. Open minded culture helps us to identify our positives and negatives easily. The cultural diversity and inclusivity makes ThoughtWorks an awsesome place to work. So definitely ThoughtWorks is a great organisation to learn new technologies and for a better career growth.

Cons

Nothing to mention. It's a great place to work

10. "TW"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

Excellent work culture Very helpful people

Cons

Travel (As with any consultancy) Internal processes could be better handled

Found 42 reviews