Find jobs for Desenvolvedor

Guo Xiao
  1. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

Great culture and plenty of learning opportunities.

Cons

As a consultant, experience will be based on client

ThoughtWorks Response

Thank you for your review! We're happy you enjoy the culture and we agree, there are plenty of learning opportunities here. Like you said, the work our consultants do really depends on what our clients' needs are, which always vary from project to project. However, we think that does tie back into what you mentioned about learning opportunities: the variety of work only helps TWers grow and stretch in new ways. Thanks again!

"A lot of fluff, say one thing and do another..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people are friendly and approachable. Training budget. Programming practices (when they actually do it)

Cons

Salary is below average unless you're high up on the ladder . Technical learning limited (good for consulting skills). Staffing people on projects that they don't want to be on - not listening to preferences. Cliquey. Mix bag of talent.

ThoughtWorks Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We’re proud of the culture we’ve cultivated here thanks to the ThoughtWorkers we have with us. We’re also glad you called out the learning and development programs we’ve worked hard to create; they are so important in helping ThoughtWorkers do their best work and grow professionally. When it comes to staffing, there can be an element of unpredictability at times. We do try to accommodate ThoughtWorker's preferences and growth goals so that people get a broad range of experience and opportunity, however we also have to balance these with our clients’ needs. Regarding your feedback on advice to management, we may not always get it right, but we’re committed to constantly building capabilities within our teams. We plan to share more insight into what we’re doing on our careers page in the upcoming year. Thanks again for your feedback.

3. "Excellent for Software Developers"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Practises good coding methods, friendly coworkers, great company culture, individuals have a voice, working with intelligent people

Cons

pay is lower than market

4. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment, great team culture

Cons

A lot of travel, need to proactively manage career

"It's still consulting - but it's good consulting"

Current Employee - Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People, people, people - including the rich and varied information flows that you can tap into at a local and global level. Deliberately contrary to what I've said below, the variety of clients/industries/technology stacks and travel can be a great way to build broad experience in IT. A company culture that cares deeply about our responsibility to make a positive change to the world and exhibits this value in a number of ways; client selection, low bono/pro bono work, political leaning, etc. Can be an amazing environment to broaden your thinking about the role of technology in the world.

Cons

Consulting can be a tough life; tough projects, tough clients, constant Imposter Syndrome, extended inconvenient travel, hostile environments, separation from the TW Mother Ship. Note: many of these things are occasional rather than regular occurrences. The pressure you can put on yourself to meet your own expectations and compete with the achievements of those around you (also a potential positive).

6. "Grow your connections and learn"

Former Employee - Senior Developer Consultant in Sydney

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great opportunity to grow your connections and learn a variety of different technologies in a short time frame. Colleagues are amazing to work with, and there are many opportunities to grow.

Cons

Being a consultant, many projects are difficult and not necessarily fun. For some, travel can be problematic. Similarly, software consulting requires people skills in addition to technical skills.

7. "Awesomeness"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is good gender balance

Cons

I cannot think of one right now

Continue reading

"Great place to polish your Agile and broaden your tech skills"

Consultant Developer in Melbourne

I worked at ThoughtWorks

Pros

TW is a great place to work when one or more of the points below apply to you: You would like to deepen your understanding of Agile / Agility (if you care for the distinction). TW choose clients where TW team has a degree of control over the delivery process. Hence you will have the privilege to see how some very experienced people organise teamwork. In addition to that, TW being a consultancy, you will be able to work across a range of clients and iterate on your skills. Just make sure you don't stick with any individual client for too long (I'd recommend 9 months to a year for devs). You would like to work with people who genuinely care about what they do. Over several years I worked with the company I did not meet a single person who did not have the right attitude, aptitude & integrity. If you are a developer, you will have the opportunity to experience a variety of technology stacks. TW encourages generalists. In my eyes partly because a generalist skill set is more "agile" from the perspective of varying market demand. You would like to work interstate & would like opportunities to work internationally. TW can request consultants to travel interstate based on the market demand. And if you would like to work internationally, you are able to request an assignment. During my time in TW I've seen many consultants enjoy that benefit. In my case TW were helpful with the relocation, air fares & temporary accommodation. You would like to work with women. Unlike a lot of companies who do lip service to encouraging women in tech, TW actually takes this seriously. There are women in leadership roles, women consultants, women developers. TW goes an extra mile to look for, encourage, and hire women. Also, TW supports women with paid maternity leave, amongst other benefits. Also, TW is a great place to work if you are a socialist.

Cons

Salary is below the market rates. There is an expectation that consultants go above and beyond for the clients, as well as contribute to their home office by organising groups, helping pre-sales, doing interviews & code reviews. To me that meant to get recognition in the home office I was expected to invest significant personal time outside of work hours. There was some talk in the home office about allocating work time for such contributions, but I wasn't able to make that happen. Only 2 days of training leave per year, unless you are a Lead or Principal consultant. Then you are able to attend more conferences. Also, for big conferences such as YOW!, not all consultants who want to attend are able to do so because of high revenue impact.There is a non-transparent selection process for who gets to go. Internal mentoring model is pot luck. In hindsight there are so many things I would have wanted from my mentor, but at the time there was little guidance to both myself and my mentor about how to take advantage of the relationship. As a result, I felt like I was "flying blind": do this project learn this tech, then that, then something else. It all seemed interesting at the time but in hindsight during my tenure I did not develop myself as much as I would have with better guidance.

Continue reading

"Great place to work, as long as you can keep up with the pace."

Graduate Developer in Sydney

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

Intelligent people, good and efficient processes. Salaries are reasonable and there is a good benefits package including a new work laptop, paid home internet access and snacks and drinks supplied in the office. Lots of travel involved if you want it. The more experience you have, the more you can move around with ThoughtWorks. However, if you're in high demand, you might be asked to travel more than you bargained for. Most of the time though, resource management caters to the needs of those who want to stay in their home city or those who want to travel more. There is also an annual weekend away to a location in your home country with all offices in that region.

Cons

Lots of people with strong opinions, which can be a good point as well. Although you can learn a lot from the bright minds at this company, sometimes you can feel overwhelmed by the fact that everyone has such a strong point on view on any such topic. There can be a lot of stubbornness as well. This can result in an arrogant workplace where your colleagues don't acknowledge that they have to work within the existing frameworks before they can truly 'revolutionise IT.' The working hours are sustainable, although the job requires more than just your standard hours at work. Most people are also involved in lots of 'after hours' education and learning which means it can be difficult if you really want to maintain a good work/life balance.

Continue reading
  10. "Greate Atmosthere, except if you are excellent"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Berlin

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

- Climate, perks, working conditions, fair treatment

Cons

- Potential income, a little too much politics, white straight male in disadvantage

Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you enjoy the culture and climate at ThoughtWorks. We also appreciate your honesty in sharing your concerns - we will definitely keep an eye on that.

Found 261 reviews